Getting tulpa in the mainstream.

I_wesley125

Do ya want tulpae to become popular?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do ya want tulpae to become popular?

It's a shame that the Internet has to make us so mistrusting toward each other.

Yeah, actually this might be better accepted through word of mouth than word of internet. Find your local new age groups and talk to them about meditative dissociation of identity and stuff. People can be a lot more respectful and open-minded in person than the general inclination to mock everything over the internet.

Unfortunately the most receptive people probably have some odd beliefs but they could be pretty cool. xD I personally broached the topic with my boyfriend as 'learning to remake imaginary friends', because I have active memories from my distant youth of downright impossible creatures being THERE, like, really present and seen/imposed and so it seems a valid comparison.

And it was very sad for me when I lost the ability to do that. He was never an imaginary friend person but seemed to understand the inclination. Then again we've not shied away from capturing the good parts of childlikeness. :)

Tact and understanding how people you talk to think = important, seems like, and both of these are harder to achieve over the internet.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tulpas became a fad in a certain forum made for teenage girls here in Finland. When some of us finnish tulpamancers signed up there to answer questions and help clear misunderstandings, the threads became infested with huge amounts of trolls and some of the tulpamancers were banned from the forum while the misbehaving trolls were allowed to stay and post anti- tulpa propaganda. Some of the trolls leaked into the irc also.

Only the threads that showed tulpas in a negative light were allowed to stay

Shai

Form: Fluttershy minus the cutie mark and with yellow eyes

Telk

Form: Ninth Doctor or a Dalek

Cherry

Form: Human female, medium length dark violet hair, late teen/ young adult

http://onicron.tumblr.com/

My hopes for this phenomenon (at least for the time being) is that it eventually goes the way of lucid dreaming-- recognized as legitimate by psychologists, but still relatively unheard of by the general public. Obviously going mainstream would be fantastic, but at this point it'd just be icing on the cake.

^ This. Exactly.

I assume it to always have a cult following, similar to lucid dreaming, etc. but I don't think it will become anything more than that.

And honestly, I'm a bit uneasy of going that route. I think mainstream media would contort it into something disgusting, like that "mind-doll" shit, and then people would get the wrong idea.

Sierra says, "There's a reason it has been practiced by monks; it's a discipline."

Tulpa: Sierra

Forcing since July 2012

Couguhl’s Progress Report

Sierra says, "There's a reason it has been practiced by monks; it's a discipline."

This

All of this

I forget this sometimes, I admit, but it's the foundation to this whole area of study. It's a discipline, not some kind of cool parlour trick or cheap way of stress relief.

A lot of scrubs and newbs come here, not just expecting a tupper in 2 weeks, but to just be able to ask a few questions, read a few guides, and have fun doing so. That. Doesn't. Happen.

If/when this goes mainstream, it's either going to be laughed at, made infamous, or commercial, like mind-dolls. Then the real influx of "Quik-tupper" noobs will begin.

I miss the old days.

frt

I think mainstream media would contort it into something disgusting, like that "mind-doll" shit, and then people would get the wrong idea.

This

All of this

I forget this sometimes, I admit, but it's the foundation to this whole area of study. It's a discipline, not some kind of cool parlour trick or cheap way of stress relief.

A lot of scrubs and newbs come here, not just expecting a tupper in 2 weeks, but to just be able to ask a few questions, read a few guides, and have fun doing so. That. Doesn't. Happen.

If/when this goes mainstream, it's either going to be laughed at, made infamous, or commercial, like mind-dolls. Then the real influx of "Quik-tupper" noobs will begin.

I miss the old days.

As one of the folks from "the old days", I wouldn't be so boastful about this. Really, comparing what I see now to what I saw back then, the older crowd was slightly, just slightly, more mature than what we have now, as well as being more prone to skepticism (Which wasn't too bad, sans folk who were so staunch that they'd scream ROLEPLAYER if a person claims to get a their headmate talking in 24 hours instead of 25).

From the very begenning, the site has been filled with people who took this oh-so-venerable and serious Bhuddist technique, (Which from my research, said Bhuddists seemed to consider a distraction from the overall ascension thing.) and trampled all over it by making Ponies, dream-girls, and other cuddly things to love or use for more lewd purposes. Hell, the mind doll stuff appears to predate the tulpa community by a decent amount, so it's way too late to complain about this being used for sex/money.

Furthermore, if one does a bit more research into the much older Multiplicity scene, the Daemon scene, as well as looking up books/sites on imaginary friends, you find that this "discipline", isn't nearly as grand and mysterious as many crack it up to be. Even some decent experience in creating thought folk will reveal that, in the end, the whole "tulpamancing" thing is not much but talking to something you cooked up in your head like it's real. Let's not even go into the rare implications that, in the eyes of some TruMetaphysical-folk, the "tulpa" we create aren't real tulpa at all, but are merely hallucinations/mental constructs (Personally, this revelation makes me quite happy due to my faith of choice).

Really, getting all elitist and worrying about the sanctity of what is, at best, giving yourself a separate personality and, at worst, finding a method of fapping that doesn't involve your hands is pointless to me. Unless you're really trying to push more research on the subject of how far hallucinations of the sane can be taken, or trying to look more into how MPD actually works, what's the point of getting mad about what the unwashed will think of our little experiments? I mean, we're already the stomping grounds of many obnoxious /mlp/ users, can't get much lower than that...

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

I think I'm more afraid of being pushed out entirely by badge wearing, pony fucking roleplayers than anything else. If it came down to putting up with them or quitting and finding another site then I would put up with them.

I'd rather stay in a dirty house than on the streets, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to not complain about the filth.

That sounds really elitist, and yeah, it is. The site was GOOD back then. It was better than good. It's just slowly going downhill from there. It wasn't perfect back then, but it's getting worse regardless.

This place wasn't the perfect "THE tulpa site", the mecca of tulpaforcing. But at least it didn't start off like the way it is now, it wasn't supposed to be like this.

frt

Really, getting all elitist and worrying about the sanctity of what is, at best, giving yourself a separate personality and, at worst, finding a method of fapping that doesn't involve your hands is pointless to me. Unless you're really trying to push more research on the subject of how far hallucinations of the sane can be taken, or trying to look more into how MPD actually works, what's the point of getting mad about what the unwashed will think of our little experiments? I mean, we're already the stomping grounds of many obnoxious /mlp/ users, can't get much lower than that...

That is true. It is a seemingly petty mindset.

Although, the information I have learned here has provided the foundation of my tulpa's development. I wouldn't want that information to be any less accessible to other people.

And while we are discovering more and more as a community every day (which is fantastic), the more people we add to the equation who don't share such passions only distract those who wish to learn more.

Tulpa: Sierra

Forcing since July 2012

Couguhl’s Progress Report

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say we do, or rather, this site actually helped me in the pursuit of dissociation - as much inherently abstract and personal the process is. [it's not like having a clear idea of what tuppers are would do anything other than forcing said idea on the newbie tulpamancer who will think tuppers are x and the method is y and fuck you; defining is limiting after all, and who would want to arbitrarily self-impose limitations? (Oh wait, that's about pretty much everyone on this gay earth)].

Honestly, i'm not one to think one should try to sugar-coat information in any way to look "serious" by anyone's criteria; if this implies this stuff won't ever go mainstream or anything then peace, people who really want to do this will probably find their own way in the end. (I'm pretty sure this stuff can be done just with a lot of narration and discipline after all, qualities one usually does not find in ordinary people, but nothing anyone with motivation should be particularly assisted in order to do. The concept and basics should be sufficient, learning2meditation might also help a lot, also learning not to freak out when your colored horse decides it's time to take over your arms that is).

[so, again, what will happen when this stuff will be scientifically proven in some way (if it'll ever happen that is)? We all edge on for 24 hours and cum violently when the countdown reaches zero? Will it do anything other than convincing people who would not be motivated anyway to do something like this (people unable to trust their own intuition, that is)?]

I really would like someone to talk to in real life. I have Helix and Solace, but if Logan one day found someone with a tulpa, it would be awesome! We could talk to each other for hours on end, and we could make art together and really cool stuff! I'm sure he'll find someone, but if we ever find that they have a tulpa or not is a different matter. Hence, we'll be open about it to some people.

-Pixel

I really don't give a shit about other people. If I want more friends, then I can ask Logan to make more for us. But I don't feel the need to yet.

-Helix

I agree with Helix's point, I'd rather focus on my own interests and helping Logan than finding someone else with a tulpa, though it would be nice.

-Solace

[align=center]Hi there! If you've stumbled across this it means...I don't know what it means. But now that you're here, you can now know that this is what Helix, Solace and I will use to post. We're Jimmy's tulpas, by the way!

[/align]

-Pixel