Scientific / spirtual explanations of Tulpas and does it abide to Christianity?

Hello, I have three questions.

1. What is the scientific explanation for a tulpa (How does it work, why, and such)?

2. What is the spiritual explanation for a tulpa?

3. Does it abide by Christianity, and what do you think God would think of it?

Thank you for your time.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Theres an explanation on the site

2. Its a spirit from the astral realm

3. God doesnt care about us, he made everything in the universe because he was bored at staring at nothing.

1) psychological phenomenon. No scientific studies behind tulpa themselves, hence the slogan "For Science!"

2) there is none, it's psychological. you're looking at the wrong place for a metaphisical/spiritual approach. the metaphysical board may have some information, though. if you're talking about what they think, then it's some kind of spirit from some plane somewhere something.

3) god is the most widespread tulpa of them all.

1) Tulpae are psychological, and follow the idea that if you tell your brain something long enough, it will start to believe it. There's quite a bit of theories on this, and you can check it out on the main site and some psych-related blogs (I'd recommend Bluesleeve's if you like diagrams).

2) Uhhh... Tulape are beings of pure energy that are summoned? Most of us don't actually follow the metaphysical approach and look at this as a scientific and psychological phenomenon.

3) I'm a Christian, and I don't see how tulpae could interfere with my beliefs. Funnily enough, I know of a tulpa, his creator is atheist and the tulpa is Christian. I also know of an atheist creator with an agnostic tulpa.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

>this thread

ohgodmysides

1.) An separate personality which is manifested through the simulation of a consciousness

2.) Spiritual? The most 'metaphysyics' oriented way I could think of it is the form being constructed of subtle energy, and even that might have some origin in truth.

3.) Nah, Clair is not Christian, and neither am I. As for god? I think that according to the bible and such, tulpae are perfectly legitimate, though they could easily be mistaken by someone with a bit too much paranoia and a bit too little experience with them as at worst "demonic" and at best schizophrenia. Also the anglo-saxon 'god' can be thought of as a thoughtform, contributed to by every single person that has either thought about or prayed to it. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

1. It's about creating an autonomous split of your subconscious, basically. We don't really know how they work or even if they create any differences in brain electrochemistry yet.

2. The most common one I've seen is that they are bound spirits from the astral realm.

3. My personal opinion is that a tulpa is sustained and powered by the will of one, while a god is sustained and powered by the will of many. I subscribe to the Nietzchean school of philosophy, so in my view, Christianity and tulpae could coexist. Sadly, neither the Roman Catholic Church nor your average Protestant is going to take very kindly to this line of thought.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Tulpa's are from Tibetan Buddhism. If that doesn't scare you away, I don't know what will.

Why is a connection to one of the sanest and most peaceful religions I can think of, supposed to be scary?

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)