Poll for vocal tulpas: did you dislike being given a form?

How did you get your form, and how do you feel about it?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. How did you get your form, and how do you feel about it?

• I was given a form, and wish I hadn't been.
    • I was given a form, but I like it.
    • I wasn't given a form, but I wish I had been.
    • I wasn't given a form, and I'm glad of it.
    • Other. Explain in post.

"I do not resent the form that my host has given me. Although I look very much the same as when I was created, I made subtle deviations over time."

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame you can only pick one of the options, since with multiple tulpas it's a bit different ._.

Desmond: I was given a form but I changed it to a human one. I still have the fox form, though. It's really useful when traveling.

Nevira: I got my form from my host, and I like to think it as a gift from her. I love it. (◡‿◡✿) ((<--pretty much how she looked like when she said that. I had to translate this from Finnish though))

Iro - He/they - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system - Speaker if there's no tag

Desmond - He/him - 21st April 2014

L - He/him - 5th May 2014

Nevira - She/her - 14th December 2014

Misa - She/her - 5th December 2015

Roska - He/him - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - They/them - 13th July 2020

Asha - He/him - 13th June 2022

I started out with a wonderland form, but have more ore less given it up to just talk and co-front now. After i mastered possession, i never went back to my 'form'

Early member of a large system.  Our system questions the way the afterlife and tulpamancy interact.  We genuinely suspect that deadies can return to share the mind of the living.

Miriam: Daddy just let's me pick how I want to look, and he tells me that as time goes onwards I'll be better able to decide what and how I want to look. though I have a lot of memories of interacting with him in my form and I really like how I look so I can't quite decide what I want to change to.

[host gave me an orb form, but i wish he'd given me a humanoid form. better at expressing myself earlier on. eventually i took the form i have now; a human woman with cat ears and a cat tail. not a cat person though.]

{same here. sim gave me an orb form, and i later took a humanoid form. i have pink hair and fox ears and a fox tail now. both are orange. }

[sim Manami]

{Alice}

(Cloud)

• 4 months later...
Guest Anonymous

I just sorta appeared complete, as far as my form is concerned. I wasn't given a form, at least not consciously. Anyways, I am adorable!

Thunder: I was given a form way back, I was a pony that he created for roleplaying and wanted to be a tulpa instead. I liked it, I looked kinda cool, I could fly, he enjoyed seeing me that way. But he got in trouble for being too into the pony. Long story. Melody had already changed to human by then, and I thought if we were BOTH human it would help him keep the brony stuff on the down-low a little. A while ago Stryke made a Sim of the old Thunderfall, and I decided to use that as a template for human form. I have real trouble remembering the exact details of my face, sometimes I look a bit like other characters he's made, but my hair and clothes are always the same. I guess it's hard to lock down a human face after so long as a horse.

Melody: Oh wow, I've been through SO MANY forms! When I first came around I took a pony form too to fit in with the others. I kept changing exactly what it was though, different manes, coats, sub-species. But one day I decided I wanted to wear human clothes so I chose a form based on a picture Dad liked. Now I have a face he made for a Saints Row game instead because it's more realistic, but I have Thunder's problem too. Recently I saw Dad looking at nagas and lamias and snake girls, and I thought that looked fun, so for no other reason I now have a snake tail instead of legs. But I guess TL;DR I chose my own form, it just happened to be something Dad would like originally. Deviation for the win!

Thunderfall (goes by Thunder)

Male human

Melody

Female lamia

Troy: I crafted my own form, thank you very much. It would be strange and perhaps difficult to interact with my host without one.

Euryale: Me and Stethen pulled out forms from some roleplaying characters she and someone else had a bit ago. She didn't really like it at first.

A queer soulbonding system with tulpamantic influences.

Natsu says: I had many forms before, but the current one Blue picked we both agree on, and at this point even if she wants to change my form at all in any way I'm stayin' a Leonberger.

Natsu is my giant drooling Leonberger and I love him [My PR]

"Those who sleep with dogs will rise with fleas." - Italian Proverb

• 1 year later...

Oh hey an old thread. Welp, time to drag it out of it's grave.

I was given a form along with the complete freedom to change it. I chose to in less visible ways, such as getting rid of bones and organs in favor of a tough yet infinitely malleable substance, and making it glow yellow. The glow is blocked by my feathers and fur for the most part, but in a wonderland as dark (Literally, it's dusk all the time and there are many long shadows) it's nice to just have to open my mouth for an instant flashlight.

Doc: Childhood friend turned servitor gone rogue turned host who's bad at feeling emotions.

Meti: Overly lewd Tupper.

CT, who is also called Jeremy: Original personality whose default emotion is anger.