What do I do when a friend takes tulpamancy too far?

I think I might have blew it.

See, that's what happens when you just force your vision of life to hikky.

Optimization till the end.

Guest Anonymous

See, that's what happens when you just force your vision of life to hikky.

He just lost a shitty friend. Yeah, so bad. I'm sure has better friends. By the way, if that guy sees this, fuck you.

He just lost a shitty friend. Yeah, so bad. I'm sure has better friends. By the way, if that guy sees this, fuck you.

tbh, I was interested in being his friend because he seemed like such a pure soul, but after I added him on Facebook, he showed his dark side and kept ranting how his ex friends are bitches because they didn't like their old drawings or something like that, then basically told me he wanted to snipe every bad person with a gun, because he believes they all have nightmares instead of souls controlling them, and that he is the spirit of friendship, and he gets to make the rules of this world, and everyone just has to accept it.

In hindsight, I probably should've found a way to show what he said to his mom. I wonder if FB saved 3-5 day old chat logs.

Will list tulpas when I get things sorted out in my head.

Oh god. Maybe he had something a bit. . . off about him? I mean to say maybe he had a mental disability. If he did, don't feel too bad that you weren't able to help him. Understanding and helping somebody cope who has a mental disability can be a terribly hard thing to do. His mind might have worked a whooooole lot different than yours. He probably needs to be left alone, if he's already written you off I doubt he'll come back to you.

I do hope you told him wanting to kill people and cursing his old friends for disliking his art is not "the spirit of friendship."

[align=center]“From my rotting body,

flowers shall grow

and I am in them

and that is eternity.”[/align]

Yeah, ok. Being very antisocial is one thing, but when he starts talking about killing people, you should maybe contact the authorities. If you were a therapist, you'd be obligated by law to do so right now. Yeah, he probably doesn't mean it, but you can't take chances with human lives.

Oh god. Maybe he had something a bit. . . off about him? I mean to say maybe he had a mental disability. If he did, don't feel too bad that you weren't able to help him. Understanding and helping somebody cope who has a mental disability can be a terribly hard thing to do. His mind might have worked a whooooole lot different than yours. He probably needs to be left alone, if he's already written you off I doubt he'll come back to you.

I do hope you told him wanting to kill people and cursing his old friends for disliking his art is not "the spirit of friendship."

I basically told him I was going to be brutally honest, then told him that he comes off as extremely judgmental, and he takes things far too seriously. I also told him that everyone deserves a chance, and there can't be light without darkness. I was actually going to tell him that I can no longer be friends with him if he continued to be that way, but he ended up removing me before I told him that. I did message his alt and ask why he removed me, and told him I wanted to have an intervention and get at least one of his tulpas involved. I figured if he heard his best friend telling him that he's getting out of control, then he would take a look at himself, and try to calm himself down. But he probably thought I was trying to turn his tulpas against him.

Edit: It wasn't them not liking his drawings, they would draw something for him, buy they were dissatisfied with their work. He is very very very very against throwing out any drawings, and I won't go into full detail, but he got very mad at them for disliking their art, although one of them did make a remark about how she hates the fact her old art from before she got better is out there on the internet still, after he told her he has backups of the avatar she made for him.

Will list tulpas when I get things sorted out in my head.

In hindsight, I probably should've found a way to show what he said to his mom. I wonder if FB saved 3-5 day old chat logs.

Yep, check your inbox. Facebook merged the chat system and messaging system together way back, so you should have a thread in your inbox that has all your conversations with him.

Yeah, ok. Being very antisocial is one thing, but when he starts talking about killing people, you should maybe contact the authorities. If you were a therapist, you'd be obligated by law to do so right now. Yeah, he probably doesn't mean it, but you can't take chances with human lives.

^ This. It's important to contact the authorities if someone is talking seriously about killing people, regardless of whether you think they'll actually do it or not. Show them the chat logs where he's talked about wanting to kill people, too, as that's evidence.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

What's funny is that if this actually happens where someone informs the parent, the kid would probably end up in a situation far worse than people are imagining it to be, and at that point, it would probably be best if he was ignored in the first place. Or the parent would just give a slap on the wrist, and the event will be nothing more than a fading memory.

If a few internet messages of death threats were militantly considered as sending someone to professional help, then there's a lot of people overdue for that. It's even more hilarious that this is considered to be a case of mental disability to some when it's probably just extreme teenage angst. Though I guess people will attribute mental ailments for things they probably don't understand much about the individual. Because authorities might see things from another angle if they want to dig deeper on the individual reporting the incident. And if by any chance they can link to their activities on this forum, they may be likely to presume things in the wrong way, and wonder if the individual reporting is really the bully themselves, or should be questioned more.

In other words, they may presume whoever seems to be helping the authorities out with this is actually the initiator of the current conflict, and both of you (OP and your ex-friend) will probably end up in a larger mess than needed. Because it's kind of one-sided to think that a few chat logs on Facebook, and hearsay is going to be enough without the other side informing them being questioned as well. But hey, just trying to see it from a different angle, or several angles.

Yeah, this is probably just teen angst. I said similar things online when I was a teenager, and I got in serious trouble for it. I have a friend who got a visit from the authorities for something far more innocent than that.

That being said, don't take chances.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest amber5885

I hate to be honest but I'm going to be honest, it sounds like he has schizophrenia. My mom had it, the prarinoid kind and he had a lot of the same behaviors. If that's the case there isn't much that you can do.

If that I not the case, you can't help someone that doesn't want to be helped.