Welcome to the Salty Splatoon, how tough are ya?

glitchthe3rd

Guys, I come from the future, and I can say, this is going places.

>The neat idea

>Taking an overdone concept and applying it a good spin and putting loads of quality in it

>Absurdly cute and potentially sexable protagonists

Are you seeing the parallels with some other recent phenomena? I'll spell it out for you: ponies. I'm witnessing the exact same triggers in the source material that sprang the absurd reaction.

And the cycle is repeating. The signs fan-wise are all there.

>Thread explosion

>of chill people genuinely interested in the game/characters

>and of course taking it further because that's what fans do

>Some violent reaction from people outside that can't understand the appeal

>Calling you babbies and pedos and what else

>Floods of fanart and more fanart

I'm not saying you'll get your own board, but goddamn, there's a successful fandom in store for you, even if this stays a single-game franchise.

-Anonymous from /v/

Discuss the implications for our site and tulpamancy in general if this anon's prediction becomes a reality.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Darn... thought this would be spongebob related... anyway I think his predictions are quite accurate.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

In reply to the title: Watched Smile HD, almost laughed all the way through.

In reply to the actual post: They seem pretty accurate, as Brassow said. I'd like to see how this newfound "fandom" will develop.

"Don't listen to friends when the friend inside you says 'Do this.'" -Gandhi

Tulpa Name: Ellie

Created: 11/13/13

I'm not sure I understand this. It looks to me like:

1. Publishers publish something sexy.

2. Rule 34.

3. ???

4. Fapping!

But that's not at all a new concept. It predates the internet.

Am I missing something here?

Am I missing something here?

Artificial interest.

Take a product with reasonable premise, decent to great quality and lots of r34 potential and you've got a fanbase.

What Anon also mentioned, and this is key here is:

>and of course taking it further because that's what fans do

>Some violent reaction from people outside that can't understand the appeal

You get people too stupid to ignore things they dont like, and people that want to fuck with other people. The greater the backlash against the produced content, the more content is made to incite further backlash.

Its the reason /mlp/ was created; Autists over a little girls show realized that other autists dont like it and get upset over it, so the poneautists get more pone media and make it seem like the interest is greater than it really is, which in turn at some point goes mainstream and normalautists pick it up and ruin everything for everyone (This is of course excluding the 34 content producers who are breddy cool guys.).

Tl;Dr: Autists trolling autists make otherwise mediocre things seem better than they really are.

We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness in this world.

Tulpa: Penumbra

Form: Pegasus Pone

Current Stage: Everything. At once.

Its the reason /mlp/ was created; Autists over a little girls show realized that other autists dont like it and get upset over it, so the poneautists get more pone media and make it seem like the interest is greater than it really is, which in turn at some point goes mainstream and normalautists pick it up and ruin everything for everyone (This is of course excluding the 34 content producers who are breddy cool guys.).

Tl;Dr: Autists trolling autists make otherwise mediocre things seem better than they really are.

You're one to talk.

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together. <3

You're one to talk.

Eh?

We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness in this world.

• 2 weeks later...

How tough am I? Yesterday I went t-

>__>

Misleading topic title is misleading

aaaanyway...

at some point goes mainstream and normalautists pick it up and ruin everything for everyone

This. This is what always happens. If tulpa goes mainstream and becomes the "cool" new fad, mainstream news starts reporting on it etc... This board will never be the same. That seems less legit coming from me because I have like, 3 posts to my name. But this would not be the first time I've joined a forum and the had the forum invaded by people I know IRL that are always jumping on the next new thing...especially if the thing is something "nonmainstream" like Tarot or electronic music. I'm sure I'm safe from that here though. But I wouldn't doubt the girls I knew in highschool to latch on to the "omg look at me I have an imaginary friend but it's okay because everyone in my peer group is doing it. srsly its the coolest thing."

I gotta stop, I'm getting angry and I think I'm slightly off topic here anyway :/

/end rant

Tulpa: Jack.

Started: Saturday June 28th, 2014.

Form: My avatar, on the left.

Progress: He is sentient, but not vocal.