Would You Make A Tulpa If They Were Mainstream?

Argentum

So I was having some pillow talk with seraph (my tupper) and this question came up: if I was some guy who found out about tulpamancy from some mainstream media outlet (CNN, Discovery Channel, etc etc) would I do it? I don't think I would. The reason being because

-> muh capitalism would try to ruin it

-> muh mainstream media would succeed in ruining it

-> Part of what I enjoy aobu tulpamancy is the close knit community. Turning it into a huge fandom type thing, I think, would make it not quite as special. Yes I know this is a bit selfish but I want to be honest

So what do you all think? Would you take the red pill?

also I think this is post #17,000 on this board whoaa

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was having some pillow talk with seraph

I'm hoping that you used that phrase incorrectly.

Anyway, if I had found out about tulpas after it was already a widespread phenomenon, then the chances that I would have started the endeavor would certainly be lower; that is, at least for a while.

I have a feeling that after some time, I would decide to see what all the fuss was about; especially since its being widespread would increase the likelihood of there being some actual scientific research put towards it. I would have an easier time believing that it were possible, if that were the case.

I can't say for sure, but I think it is very likely that I would have given it a try, eventually.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

uh I don't think I did use it right : O I am not in a romantic relationship with my tupper. sorry if I implied that.

that is actually a good idea you had with the research. Hopefully there would be. There might be with the new documentary that *might* be made.

Guest Anonymous

If it were portrayed as being socially acceptable, then probably. If it were interviews of grills of assburgers then no.

I... don't know.

I fell in love with the idea, and am so happy that I actually made Amy and Sigma... but at the same time I'm such a big dumb hipster that loathes social trends that I might not just out of spite.

Seriously, stop your selfies and your twerking and your hashtags, I ain't havin' that.

Tulpas

Amy

Nine-Tailed Kitsune

Sigma

Anthro Cat-Bat

The Kippies!

Jazz (M), Viola (F), Chime (H), Fife (M), Iris (F), Robyn (F), Aster (M), Sage (F), Dune (M), Snowbell (F), Rosemary (F), Glyph (M), Volt (M), Circuit (F)

The Baybees~

Marina, Acorn, Anais, Lily, Chip

I don't think my decision would be different, so long as the quality of the guides/tips remained the same. I try not to judge things based on their popularity; I try to form my opinions around the content itself.

Also, while I may not have thought this way before, it would be... dissapointing (to and about myself) had I changed my actions based on social norms. The size of the community is nice where it is, but while it does open doors to more trolls/RPers, a larger one also allows for more guides, research, and other quality content to start coming in.

In short, I would likely take the same process I did when I first discovered Tulpae: research and form my own conclusions.

I would still have made the same choice, I'm really interested in people in general so I would definitely have researched it, if it is a pop culture thing or a subculture thing doesn't make much of a difference to me, even then I find it difficult for tulpas to enter the mainstream, they take too much effort to create, but if it were to magically happen I wouldn't think less of it.

English isn't my first language and I'm not used to write in it but I'm always interested in learning, please tell me if I made a mistake or if you have any advice

Sure, because I dont let popularity control my actions

We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness in this world.

Tulpa: Penumbra

Form: Pegasus Pone

Current Stage: Everything. At once.

If tuppers were mainstream, there would be different sub-cultures, different techniques, styles, whatever. You could probably find a small niche within any community, if you like to do something (almost) no one else does.:)