Tulpa.info Donation Drive!

Pleeb

Hey guys, the donation drive is complete, and we were able to raise enough, even a little more!

From here, I'll be getting the hosting packages and stuff once the pledges come in, and as I said, I'll be contacting those who are interested, with the hosting details.

The priority will be migrating tulpa.info itself, but rest assured that the hosting will be set up. All this before Aug if all goes well.

A great big THANK YOU to everyone who donated and pledged ^_^!

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How goes it? Are you still waiting for pledges?

httpS still gives an expired certificate for "buyexcelmodels.com" (WTF?), although I haven't noticed any errors recently.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

httpS still gives an expired certificate for "buyexcelmodels.com" (WTF?), although I haven't noticed any errors recently.

Sounds like a shared server issue. When I try to HTTPS to the forum, I get "The OCSP server has refused this request as unauthorized" (sec_error_ocsp_unauthorized_request), and HTTPS to the main site times out. At present we are not paying for SSL, so it doesn't work; it just fails in strange and seemingly random ways.

The donation drive is over, though the donation page still accepts donations, as it did before the drive.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

We got almost all of the pledges, I was hoping the rest would come through before month's end (if not, we should still have enough based on those who already donated).

Spoiler

The site will be going down this weekend for the migration; IRC will still be up and running though. Thank you again, to everyone who has donated. I know it took a little longer than expected, but you'll be getting an email with the details about the hosting soon enough.

Spoiler

Another update:

I know things are taking long, I'm still trying to get everything set up; things are bought and paid for, but I'm getting the SSL ready. It requires having a "Company Name," a legal one. I'm going to my local courthouse and registered it tomorrow after I'm done work.

Thank you for everyone's patience, this will be done very soon, and everyone who has gotten web hosting will get this month of August included free.

Spoiler

As you've probably noticed, we now have SSL, and everything has been migrated from the old host to the new one. The hosting company is all registered, too. I'm working on getting the private polity, terms of service, and refund policy all up and running.

Spoiler

• 4 months later...

Hi. I thought it time for an update as there's not been much posted for a while.

The hosting company has been set up and properly registered as I'm sure most people are aware. Those who have donated will have their hosting set up in a few weeks time. Our apoligies for the delays in getting back to everyone.

There have been difficulties finding staff to support and maintain the hosting, with the original arrangements (set up before the donation drive) having fallen through. Pleeb is looking for people who would like to do internships or something along those lines. If no-one is found soon then he will do the work himself.

On a personal note, Pleeb's grandmother has been very ill for some months and is now recovering and expected home from hospital today. I'd just like to pass on his sincere thanks to all those who offered their well wishes and support in what has been a difficult time for him. It has been a help and comfort to him and his family knowing that others care.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

What work do you need? I know some sysadmin stuff, familiar with linux, and would be willing to donate 5 hours a week as well as be on call. Should I PM Pleeb?

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc