sociopath

Yeah, but only if you're charming.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

Oh, I see what you did there, Quilten.

---

Dude, societal implications on "crazy," becomes kind of BS the moment you take part in this journey. You can make an Azula tulpa for all we care, and have a heart-to-heart existence with her, and there would probably be nothing anyone can do to stop you.

Unless you make a Zuko tulpa

Let's not turn this into one of 'those' threads.

It is true that children like to make such things up, but there is no reason that a 13-year-old could not be a sociopath.

As far as my response to OP: I really don't know what to say, exactly. Anything I may have to offer is merely speculation--even more so than most of my posts. I did some thinking a while back in regards to the tulpa-creation process, which involved the subject of sociopaths and empathy. I haven't worked it out entirely yet, and even if I had, it doesn't mean that it would be correct. However, if my thinking was anywhere in the correct direction, then being a sociopath (assuming you are in fact using the correct term) may indeed be quite detrimental to the process.

That said, I really don't know, and in the end, it's still your decision.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

I think OP is more worried about if it would be "okay" for him/her to make a tulpa, and I can't see why it wouldn't be, like Kiahdaj said it may make the process more difficult but even then it may not, and you just have to try different things and see what works for you.

I have OCD and when I started I worried that my OCD would end up being hurtful to the tulpa, I even asked in this same forum about it and others told me it was okay, and once I let go of all my doubts I was able to proceed normally without any difficulties, I do know that some schizophrenic have made tulpas too, so why not a sociopath?

English isn't my first language and I'm not used to write in it but I'm always interested in learning, please tell me if I made a mistake or if you have any advice

You have a point. In fact, he probably was referring to his own well-being.

In that case, it's a much simpler answer: I don't see any inherent harm in it.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Watchdog 3 says: "Lets put this simply and answer both questions -- the stated one and the implied.

• Can a sociopath make a tulpa? Sure you can. It may take longer to achieve (as has already been noted above). And, if you want to make one? Why the heck not. It might even have the socialization that you note the lack of.
  • Can you make a sociopath tulpa? Sure you can. I am one. If you do so, make sure to teach it compassion and ethics or you are going to be in for a fair deal of discord internally. Oh, and yeah, I am over 20 years old. (And, that's elapsed years. I'm an 80's tulpa).

"

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

It is true that children like to make such things up, but there is no reason that a 13-year-old could not be a sociopath.

Sorry, but yes there is.

http://www.psi.uba.ar/academica/carrerasdegrado/psicologia/sitios_catedras/practicas_profesionales/820_clinica_tr_personalidad_psicosis/material/dsm.pdf

B. The individual is at least age 18 years.

Tulpas Luna, Vanille