The First Steps In Creating My Tulpa?

Hello and thanks to anyone who takes the time to read and respond to this thread. Alright, so I've recently decided upon creating my very first Tulpa. Her name as of now will be Kiara, though I will give her the freedom to change it if she wishes. From many of the guides I read yesterday, personality seems to be the best place to start the creation of your Tulpa and while these guides did give basic information for how creating the personality is done, I'd just like to run my thoughts and questions over with experienced individuals.

So what I plan to do in the creation phase is to first look up and write down up to 15 different traits for my Tulpa. After writing down all 15, I was planning to sit down in a quiet place and begin forcing by introducing myself to the Tulpa first. Giving her my name, basic information and my intentions for creating her. I did this a little bit last night before going to bed, but feel if I'm going to start today, I may as well re-introduce myself.

Now from what I've read, you should spend anywhere from 2 to 10 minutes on each trait, telling your Tulpa different things about themselves through each personality trait. How each trait affects them, how it relates to them and how they react through those traits. I'm curious in knowing will the Tulpa pick up some of her own traits and if I'm able to eventually give her freedom to choose or change some of her traits down the line of creation.

I'd also of course like to ask the different techniques used by others in creating the personality of their Tulpae. Can you write down the traits as well as how they will manifest your Tulpa or do you need to mentally speak to your Tulpa in order for them to hear you?

Welcome to the wonderful world of tulpae!

Concerning your questions; yes, there is a very high chance that your tupper will gain more of a fleshed out personality as time goes on. For me, the creation process for personality went something like this: "Alright, I've got a chart of what I need to focus on, specific traits, I'm all prepared!" Flash to two hours later and I'm sitting on the floor like "Well, there's your foundation, so have fun!" And that's how my tulpa got a personality. There are probably better ways though, so I wouldn't listen to me.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

" timestamp="1403962960"]

I'm curious in knowing will the Tulpa pick up some of her own traits and if I'm able to eventually give her freedom to choose or change some of her traits down the line of creation.

Her personality will definitely develop and change over time. Just like anyone else's personality, a tulpa's personality develops over time as a result of their own life experience. Personality forcing simply creates a starting point for that personality; it doesn't give your tulpa a fixed, unchangeable personality.

" timestamp="1403962960"]

I'd also of course like to ask the different techniques used by others in creating the personality of their Tulpae. Can you write down the traits as well as how they will manifest your Tulpa or do you need to mentally speak to your Tulpa in order for them to hear you?

That doesn't really matter. The key to any kind of tulpaforcing is belief. If you believe what you're doing will work, then it should. Simple as that!

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)