Jay's first tulpa

chasingtheskye

Let me begin with just how totally stoked i am to try this. I've always been interested in the powers of the human mind and this is just so. cool!

On to business. Yesterday, July 1st, 2014, I began work on my tulpa. I was following FAQ man's guite, so what i did was sit down and write out twenty traits, give or take. When i was satisfied, I started pacing the room and picturing a little lavender orb. I began talking to it: "You are intelligent. You love to learn things as a result." Etc. After maybe an hour and a half of this, i stopped pacing, sat down, and let this orb take shape. The first thing i got was an Espeon. So i made a model of an Espeon in my mind, looked at it from all angles, pictured it walking, running.

Due to it being late at night, i decided the guidelines for a personality and the image was a good start, and i lay down to go to sleep. I pictured the espeon curled up beside me.

This morning, nothing much interesting happened. I went about my day, but the whole time, i pictured this espeon following me. I swear, when ever i turned a corner, i caught a little glance of it out the corner of my eye. Two days in and i can see my tulpa a little! This is so excitiiiiing.

I spent maybe an hour reading a book to espeon and my little sister (who doesn't know about it yet). I read The House of the Scorpion. I stopped at every chapter and asked espeon if i should keep going, and for three chapters he would nod. No emotions or words yet.

A little while ago, i decided to go get some lunch. We were relaxing on my bed. I looked to the espeon and asked if it would like to follow me downstairs. It uncurled and stood up. I felt a paw on my shoulder while i was sitting on the floor eating and playing a game. I don't think I'm puppeting.

Another note: every time i refer to the espeon, i type "he" or "him" instead of "it". Maybe that's the tulpa trying to influence me?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there and welcome! It's usually suggested that new tulpa creators read many guides instead of relying solely on one. Usually a combination of different techniques from different guides works well because not everyone's mind is the same. I'd especially caution you to not count your hours for the sake of judging progress. That's an older idea that sometimes slows people down because they think things are happening "too soon"and everyone has a different pace.

For me, the most important part was just tons of narrating / passive forcing. Whatever I was doing throughout the day I just spoke to my tulpa in my head about what I was doing, random thoughts, anything really.

Most importantly, don't be afraid to ask questions!

Host: Sakura

Tulpa: Sarah (began June 5th, 2014), Alyx (Began July 23rd, 2014)

Our shared tumblr

note: usually browsing on mobile, so cannot quote properly

Hello and welcome! FAQ Man's guide is pretty good. It's a little out of date, but still one of my favorites, and you seem to be doing very well with it.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

I went downstairs earlier. I sensed him looking out the window, then he was suddenly outside in the yard. He pranced around a second and then came back in.

I should mention that i tried to give him an ability to change his shape and to teleport.

Thank you sushi. *has no idea how to quote on mobile* (i hit the quote button and this is what i got.)

I've done more research as any devoted person would, and found this: http://chupitulpa.tumblr.com/post/29003607860 so i dropped counting hours and time and decided to do what feels right while followig basic guidelines. It seems to be working well!

I've been keeping him in my mind all day. I can kinda see him--not with my eyes, but i can see him in my mind where he would be in the house, the cute little espeon body like an invisible outline. A few times as i've done chores, he does something unexpected--for example, darting ahead of me to rush up the stairs and watch me climb them from the top. I'm taking this as proof that i am not puppeting him.

We cuddled earlier after a chapter of House of the Scorpion. He licked my forehead.

...i feel like this is going too well to be true, and i'm so stoked about that.

He has yet to talk to me emotionally, verbally, telepathically, or otherwise.

We were just listening to music and relaxing. I felt him curled up beside me. I had earbuds in and closed my eyes. Then, a particular song, namely DJ Splash--Bass is kicking, got him up and dancing. I couldn't recreate it if i wanted to, it was so cute and so awesome to watch. the next song, Flying high (same artist) came on. Somehow, he grew wings--thing like mega absol's, feathery and light colored, I think they were lavender or white--and began to fly around. I was on a flying ship made of wood, think the stereotypical pirate ship. He was flying around a blue sky surrounded by puffy white clouds. I'm thinking he altered himself to do this.

That's really similar to my situation. It's strange when my tulpa does or says something without conscious effort on my end, yet it feels so subtle that I question whether it was her, or when I listen to music and can't help but see an image of her singing along. I think it's best to just take everything at face value and accept that you at least aren't consciously trying to parrot your tulpa.

Pretty awesome stuff that your experiencing, and so early, too. Keep it up!

Sarah does that with music too! She loves to sing and music really gets her to move and be lively

Host: Sakura

Tulpa: Sarah (began June 5th, 2014), Alyx (Began July 23rd, 2014)

Our shared tumblr

note: usually browsing on mobile, so cannot quote properly

Fench never took much of an interest in music. She's so focused and diligent, she always tells me to go back to doing something productive.

But yeah, it's cool to hear how well you're doing. A lot of people take months to get such an independent tulpa.

I agree with Jay (well, the other Jay) -- don't worry about parroting. It sounds like you're doing a great job.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson