Is it really possible?

Hello there tulpa.info.

I'm going to cut straight to the point. Is imposition really possible for a regular joe to accomplish? I don't just mean a normal person (someone who doesn't have any sort of clinical conditions or history with "mind awakening" drugs), but someone who may not have time to dedicate at least an hour of tulpaforcing a day.

From what I knew before, only a very limited amount of people have actually managed to impose or at least partially impose their tulpa since the community "started" in 2012. Is this still true? Or have there been some kinds of new methods to really help regular people impose their tulpa?

It takes time, but anyone can do it. Your own mind is your own limit. As with anything. Some people have a predisposition to get better at things faster than others, like how some people pick math up easily, or how others can learn a new language in half the time. It all depends on the person and how much time they are willing to devote to it.

If you spend hours and hours every day, to the point that you have no free time, will you master imposition in a matter of weeks or months? Heck yeah!

Can you devote only an hour or a half hour a day to imposition and have it work? Yes, but it will take longer. And there is nothing wrong with that.

You're going to have your tulpa(s) for the rest of your natural living life, even if things take a few years to fully master, that's nothing in the long run.

The community only began two years ago, only a handful of us have spent every waking hour with our tuppers, and even fewer than that have had tuppers for many years (thinking they were imaginary friends and what not). Two years is nothing when you really think about it. Give it a few more years and I'm sure there will be more users who have master imposition.

I'm not trying to discourage you or anything like that, I'm just trying to get the point across that anything worth having is going to take time. As long as you devote time to it, work on it even just a little every day, it will get easier and easier until it's second nature to you.

Guest amber5885

I can say from personal experience that it is totally possible. I can feel it when Toby touches me or rubs my back. We cuddle all the time. Of course they can't effect the "real" world in any way but with practice you can impose them so it's almost as of someone or something is really real.

I've also ha 20 years of practice on the topic.

My main source of aggravation comes from me not experiencing anything at all.

Everyone claims that after investing a few hours/weeks/months of effort into imposing their tulpa they start catching glimpses of their tulpa's figure or at least shadows of some sorts in their waking vision.

I have not seen any of the sort, nor have they slipped into my dreams. I don't really want to derail this thread into a "doubt thread" but its just been on my mind recently.

Are there any methods at all that do in fact lead to visible results? I want something tangible that can in fact give me at least proof that I can be able to impose things that aren't physically there into my vision.

Guest amber5885

It simply take practice an the time it takes depends on the individual. For instance someone with a vivd imagination would have a far easier time imposing then someone who doesn't day dream at all.

I just want to encourage you to try many different methods, experiment with ideas of your own and don't give up. Good things are well worth the wait.

Maybe one thing that helped me in the long run wa the fact that I do passive forcing almost all of the time. Have you tried that at all?

I've heard this many times, but I simply don't understand what else there is to experiment with.

The mind is strange, but there has to be a certain method that should work by showing a margin of result.

I'd still like to hear more of what the community has to say.

Guest Anonymous

My main source of aggravation comes from me not experiencing anything at all.

Everyone claims that after investing a few hours/weeks/months of effort into imposing their tulpa they start catching glimpses of their tulpa's figure or at least shadows of some sorts in their waking vision.

How long have you been trying to impose? Because I never had any results until maybe 9 months? Not to mention it wasn't anything like forcing, no "Oh shit, it's happening" moment. It was gradual and painstaking. Even a year in I was still struggling with it.

Are there any methods at all that do in fact lead to visible results? I want something tangible that can in fact give me at least proof that I can be able to impose things that aren't physically there into my vision.

There's no ultimate imposition guide. Nor will there ever be one. Some methods just don't work for others. I imagine you've figured that out by now. You're going to have to grind it out and find a method that works for you, or make one yourself. Remember: they're only guides. Suggestions.

Imposition is all about integration. Always having them around you, making them a part of your life. An hour session imposing honestly doesn't compare to passively imposing them for 6 hours of the day, even if it's not well done. This is a case of quantity>quality.

That isn't to say sessions are bad, but worrying about them is. I've felt like whenever I'd sit down and just try to have a fun imposition session I'd make progress. Whenever I would stress over it none would be made. So relax. It takes a while. Hell, I've been at it for a longass time and they're still ghostly. But they're there.

From what I knew before, only a very limited amount of people have actually managed to impose or at least partially impose their tulpa since the community "started" in 2012. Is this still true? Or have there been some kinds of new methods to really help regular people impose their tulpa?

There's still a small number of them, yeah. Though I feel most leave the community and it seems smaller than it actually is. Switching is even fewer and I can name only a handful of people who have actually accomplished it.