ADHD and OCD Along With the Subconscious

I'm wanting to be able to have an easier time focusing and concentrating during my sessions of creating my Tulpa, but I have some walls that I think could really affect how the creation sessions can go.

First is ADHD. I was diagnosed with it while I was around 7 or 8, and had the medicinal patch to help with it through my Primary and early Secondary years. Now, I can control most aspects of it, and have been considered by my doctors as ADD.

Secondly, is the OCD. It's focused within alphabetical and numerical orders of things in a succession. Example is the Harry Potter book and movie series in my room's bookcase and video section-area-thing. Each of them are in order, with everything facing the same way. Otherwise, I get irked by it really easily.

Lastly, is my own sub-consciousness. I'm scared that anything relishing in my sub-conscious, whether it be a sensual or sexual fantasy or anything that would, in my opinion, cause a potential negative result in creating my Tulpa.

With the three of these combined, I'm feeling that it's not the easiest to sit down and starting trying to visualize. I can understand that doing this process can take a long while, but I'm okay with that. My main issue are the three above, and I'm wondering if there are ways that I can be able to focus long enough during a session to not be distracted and also not have any major sub-conscious events that could cause some abnormality in my Tulpa's personality or anything like that.

Help?

Just asking, were you actually diagnosed with OCD? that doesn't really sounds like OCD.. when you have OCD and something is wrong (depending on your triggers) it causes extreme anxiety until you can perform a compulsion to relieve the obsession (or intrusive thoughts). Getting irked by things that are out of order tends to be a misconception (although that is a possible symptom, just being annoyed by things isn't enough for it to be OCD)

Sorry if you really do have OCD, but the way misconceptions about it have become so common I felt the need to say something so that others understand.

As for tulpas, I've noticed that Sarah has been able to help me some with OCD. She helps me calm down, logically think through irrational fears, and helps "intercept" intrusive thoughts.

Host: Sakura

Tulpa: Sarah (began June 5th, 2014), Alyx (Began July 23rd, 2014)

Our shared tumblr

note: usually browsing on mobile, so cannot quote properly

Just asking, were you actually diagnosed with OCD? that doesn't really sounds like OCD.. when you have OCD and something is wrong (depending on your triggers) it causes extreme anxiety until you can perform a compulsion to relieve the obsession (or intrusive thoughts). Getting irked by things that are out of order tends to be a misconception (although that is a possible symptom, just being annoyed by things isn't enough for it to be OCD)

Sorry if you really do have OCD, but the way misconceptions about it have become so common I felt the need to say something so that others understand.

No, I definitely understand that. I have been diagnosed with OCD as well. Social anxiety's been the trigger for it, and my therapist, psychiatrist, and doctor since my birth all have said the same or similar instances that I do have OCD. When I do have the trigger for it, I'll quiet down in whatever conversation I was in, and look around for anything that doesn't seem to be in order. People at school have asked why I'm arranging books in the bookcase, and I'll shrug and keep going, because 1.) People around me have irked me in general, and 2.) I had a trigger earlier and putting them in order keeps me calm. Seems to all intertwine with each other.

Sorry for not specifying there.

That makes a lot more sense, sorry for going on a crusade like that. I can't help myself since it seems like OCD is generally so misunderstood.

I don't think that OCD has done much to affect tulpa creation, in my case. The inability to focus has been a problem though. For me, narration and passive forcing has worked much better than sitting down and trying to active force. Throughout the day I just talk to my tulpa Sarah inside my mind as I am doing other things. I wear a bracelet that I use to remind myself to think of her when I see the bracelet throughout the day.

As for darkness in the subconscious and intrusive thoughts, they don't seem to hurt the tulpa from what I've seen. Sarah can tell when something is an intrusive thought and not really "me", and doesn't hold it against me.

Our shared tumblr

Hi ThatOneGuy1441 Welcome to tulpa.info

First ADD

I can say in my experience that medication helped me focus better and develop a closer and stronger bond with my tulpa. I tried drinking coffee before forcing sessions, and that helped, also slowly counting my breaths up to about 50 helped. There are several guides that focus on helping people focus better check those out.

Second OCD

Sounds like you are very particular about how you want certain things to be, this is fine, most everybody likes organisation in there life sometimes it bothers some people more than others. This may not be OCD but just "you", I cant say for sure with out more info. Honestly it could held to keep a distracted mind focused on helping your tulpa develop and grow if you could figure out how to direct that organization toward helping your tulpa. But at the same time you MUST allow your tulpa to do things on there own, you can help them but don't do everything for them.

Third Sub-consciousness

If this really would be a problem then a lot of people would have some messed up tulpas. If you had kids would something in your sub-consciousness mess with there development? If you are worried about it then ask your tulpa to stay out of that part of your mind till they are more developed.

All together

Have you even started a tulpa yet? Sometimes even with the best laid plans you have to figure out things on the go. And until you have a more specific experience in visualization or focus we might not be able to help you.

I will say that making a tulpa requires a lot of trust.

All in all I think making a tulpa could really help you and enrich and expand your life experance.

I don't like calling her 'my' tulpa, I don't own her. She is the tulpa that lives with me in our body.

All together

Have you even started a tulpa yet? Sometimes even with the best laid plans you have to figure out things on the go. And until you have a more specific experience in visualization or focus we might not be able to help you.

I will say that making a tulpa requires a lot of trust.

All in all I think making a tulpa could really help you and enrich and expand your life experance.

Most of it has been planning, and questioning whether or not I really want to make the commitment, which I've been looking at both sides and making decisions from there. As a whole, no I have not started yet, but that's because of these three things that I think potentially could have some form of effect while creating it that I don't catch consciously until it's a tad too late or something. I'm a very haphazard person and ambivalent on many, if not, all things, so I think I'm either worrying too much, or just making sure I'm prepared enough and knowledgable enough in what I'm going to be doing.

Most of it has been planning, and questioning whether or not I really want to make the commitment, which I've been looking at both sides and making decisions from there. As a whole, no I have not started yet, but that's because of these three things that I think potentially could have some form of effect while creating it that I don't catch consciously until it's a tad too late or something. I'm a very haphazard person and ambivalent on many, if not, all things, so I think I'm either worrying too much, or just making sure I'm prepared enough and knowledgeable enough in what I'm going to be doing.

I can understand that, its good that you are reaching out to get help figuring things out. I think you are a little to worried about it. Tulpas tend to reflect there host and often choose to align them self with you, like the way kids look up to there parents but you shouldn't mistake this for turning out wrong. You have to keep an open and accepting attitude to there development. They are going to create them self's the way they want to, not the way you want them to. all you can do is offer suggestions like personality or a form and maybe they might like one of the ones you chose, or they don't like any and pick something on there own.

I could see a issue arising In that your OCD would attempt to force your tulpa into something they don't want, they would resist you.

But at the same time since they are part of your mind they could be affected by the OCD as well, and would be understanding and accepting of your OCD. It could go both ways.

The other stuff dose not worry me to much.

I don't like calling her 'my' tulpa, I don't own her. She is the tulpa that lives with me in our body.

But at the same time since they are part of your mind they could be affected by the OCD as well, and would be understanding and accepting of that little personality quirk. It could go both ways.

The other stuff dose not worry me to much.

Please, please do not refer to Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder as "a little personality quirk". That is highly offensive to those of us with this serious and potentially devastating anxiety disorder.

Our shared tumblr

Please, please do not refer to Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder as "a little personality quirk". That is highly offensive to those of us with this serious and potentially devastating anxiety disorder.

Your right I have changed my post. I am ignorant about somethings I have little experience with, so I apologize if I sounded rude or inconsiderate, that was not my intention I was only trying to help. I am sorry.

I don't know much about ADHD but I do know that some members of this forum have it and they could make a tulpa just fine, the difficulty focusing could make progress a bit slower but there shouldn't be any other problem, maybe not even that, if you get distracted too much you can make a bracelet or reminder like SakuraSky said and that should take care of it, remember that you don't need to active force for a full straight hour or anything like that, whatever you can give to your tulpa it's okay.

I do have OCD, mostly under control but whenever I'm anxious or under pressure it triggers a lot of violent and/or sexual intrusive thoughts that don't exactly help to calm me down, in fact I ended up registering on this forum because the first day of forcing I had an intrusive thought that I hurt my tulpa and was freaking out about it, but after getting some answers I understood that as long as I didn't believe or intentionally tried to hurt her it was going to be fine, your tulpa is inside your head, s/he understands you and knows when you mean something or not, don't worry about that, you won't mess them up or have any negative impact.

English isn't my first language and I'm not used to write in it but I'm always interested in learning, please tell me if I made a mistake or if you have any advice