The Future Of Tulpae?

I have an interesting idea regarding possible ways to prove tulpa sentience and how future technology could be incorperated to help them.

This 'http://emotiv.com' is essentially a device that allows you to controls computers with your mind. If tulpa are real conscious beings then i would imagine that they could learn to use this device. Seeing as it reads brainwaves there is a more than likely chance that our own brainwaves would interfere with their attempts at useage. But i can also imagine that the device could be programmed to ignore our patterns and create responses based on the tulpaes thoughts. This could allow them to communicate with external forces much easier and take an active role in your life. Thats all fun and games but here is the part i really like...

If you are sleeping (not in REM) then you have a very normal brainwave pattern. The tulpae claim to be still active during this time so they could very easily send messages while you are asleep to prove it is them using the device. This would, i believe, be clear evidence that they exist as they say they do.

Just thought i should share this id like to hear your thoughts on it. Also i estimate ot will be another 5-10 years before this is widely available

P.S. I just realized one may not even need this device to prove their existance. If the brainwaves are recorded during sleep since the tulpa is active your sleep waves should be different than expected and may look more like if you were awake. However i do not know that much about brainwaves or how much of your nrain the tulpae actually occupy

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too expensive. Tulpa.info has no money. Case closed.

There was a different kind of software/hardware for generating visual images from the mind on a screen in the old research thread. Let me dig it up...

EDIT: Here it is.[video=youtube]

It's funny you mention this, since you kind of took the words out of my mouth. No way of paying for something like this right now, but I plan on really working towards it. Was talking in IRC about this very thing yesterday, though we've brought it up before quite a few times anyway:

15:28 And stick around the community; we're still growing, so getting in early on can lead to great things in the future.

15:28 I mean, heck, I have so many cool ideas for a 'someday,' funding permitting.

15:29 For instance, there's this wireless thing you stick on your head, and 'train' it with thoughts -- it moves a mouse on a computer.

15:29 That technology exists today.

15:29 And, I think it could be possible, for just the tulpa to 'train' it.

15:29 Which could mean the tulpa could have access to control a computer mouse,

15:29 And in the futere, possibly a machine,

15:30 Or heck, even just a band on someone's head that allows their tulpa to 'talk' through it.

15:30 Would be better than proxying or possession.

Also, I had an MRI done some time before creating a tulpa, and I'd be happy to subject myself to an MRI -- and other research -- after Chess is finished.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

I can't help but worry that we might be walking right into a trap, so to speak. What if the academic community rejects us as being a bunch of crazies with head voices?

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

I can't help but worry that we might be walking right into a trap, so to speak. What if the academic community rejects us as being a bunch of crazies with head voices?

Then we all just start reading wikipeda and wining Who Wants to be a Millionaire.

Then we'll have our own funding.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Not enough peole know/care about tulpae for a kickstarter to work.

Also, if we get labeled as crazy, they're clearly not using their instruments correctly. Especially during sleep like OP said - as long as our tulpa is doing something, there should be brain activity where there normally isn't.

Worst thing that could happen, is that tulpae's "activities" happen in the same spectrum as normal brainwaves, so if someone tries to have an MRI or something, nothing could be proven.