do i have to do narration?

I'm not the best at narrations, and red and i prefer to just talk to eachother, he knows i can appear in trinity with just a thought but he knows that i am bound to earth as well, and he asks me alot of questions about other humans.

so is narration imperative?

Tulpa:Snow

Mindscape:

Artopia

If you two have been doing fine so far without it, then I don't know why you'd totally need it now.

[align=center]“From my rotting body,

flowers shall grow

and I am in them

and that is eternity.”[/align]

red was wondering why i narrate in rps and not to him... so he brought this question up before he went to bed.

i don't really make it a habit to narrate in mental rps but.. the director in the rps usually has me do it for clarity on boo-tube i guess..

i suppose we can try it and see how it plays out.. never a bad thing to try new things right?

Mindscape:

Artopia

I think usually narration is for keeping the tulpa in your mind all the time to keep up a habit.

good habits make good routines, right?...or something

but as long as you and your tulpa have a fine connection anyway, then you can keep on trucking down the path you've been using

Tulpa: Adryan Form: Anthro wolf-ish Stage: *sighs loudly*

“Human beings can always be relied on to assert, with vigor, their god-given right to be stupid”

-Dean Koontz

“In the end, I worry that my arrogance shall destroy us all”

-Brandon Sanderson

If you and your tulpa can talk, then no, you don't need to "narrate".

The whole idea of narration was for forcing before tulpas can really communicate.

It would be silly tell your tulpa to sit there and listen to you talk, when they can respond.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Ha, this really confused me, because I thought narration IS actually talking with your tulpa. And yeah, I agree with Kiahdaj - why would you talk to your tulpa when you can talk WITH them.

"Tulpamancy? It's a way of life.

More than one..."

The difference is talking with versus talking to. Before they can respond, it's a monologue of you just talking to them constantly. Thing is it gets a bit like talking to a brick wall after a while, and you run out of things to talk about, so the common suggestion is to yak about what you're doing and what's going on around you. That's why we call it narration.

Once they do respond it becomes more of a conversation. Once you've got that, unless your tulpa wants to be informed of what you're doing, continuing that style of narration won't accomplish anything other than mildly irritating them.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

i dont want to make red or my servitors annoyed.. they mean too much to me.. although i have 2 servitors in which i will be more than happy to tell you in my progress report if you lot are interested, i tend to respect my tulpa and servitor's personal time and space.

Mindscape:

Artopia