Sentience confirming problem

I don't really know how to word this, so it may sound a little odd.

Whenever I ask my Tulpa what her favourite character from a video game is, like two or three characters who I find most memorable will pop up inside my head, and whenever my Tulpa starts answering it's like my brain knots up and she can't give an answer. Kind of like it's blocking her or something.

I really don't know why this is, but my best guess is that my subconscious or something doesn't actually think she's sentient.

This happens when I ask her pretty much any question or tell her to do the "surprise me" thing. I don't know if this is relevant or not, but it only started after she became vocal.

game is hard

When Song started to become vocal, I never heard every answer with him either. Heck, sometimes, I still don't hear an answer! My guess is that you have just started to learn how to hear your tulpa, but you just aren't used to doing it yet. I'll bet she answers every time, but maybe you're a little too expectant or excited to hear her. This is usually my problem.

Although I can't say for sure, as everyone is vastly different, I think this might be Helpful

When Song started to become vocal, I never heard every answer with him either. Heck, sometimes, I still don't hear an answer! My guess is that you have just started to learn how to hear your tulpa, but you just aren't used to doing it yet. I'll bet she answers every time, but maybe you're a little too expectant or excited to hear her. This is usually my problem.

Although I can't say for sure, as everyone is vastly different, I think this might be Helpful

Thanks for that. She's been vocal for about a month now, and the two of us can speak to each other perfectly clearly. I thought about this a bit more, and it sort of feels like I'm scared of her answer, of all things.

I think I might be scared that she's not sentient :/

game is hard

I think that it's likely your doubt that's preventing you from properly hearing her. This is an issue that I still struggle with today! As I understand it, if you aren't in, you're out. That is, if you don't believe it, because maybe your relationship with your tulpa isn't quite where you'd like it (yet), you won't make any progress. In my own situation, Song is just learning to speak.

Yesterday, I noticed a pattern in his speech, and I wondered why he sounded so robotic. Well, I think it's because these phrases he was using were the only ways I would listen to him.

I think that mostly, tulpae can speak long before we can hear them. I think that it's us hosts that need to work on hearing our tulpae and not think that there is some thing wrong with her/him

Yeah, I guess that could be it. I mean, I definitely do believe that she's sentient, but it's kinda awkward when every sentience-confirming exercise we try fails...

I really don't think it's my conscious mind that's having the problem here: I only really actively feel any doubts after trying (and failing) aforementioned exercises.

Any tips for helping get rid of doubts?

game is hard

Guest amber5885

I doubt Toby from time to time as well and I know it sucks but honestly I think it's a normal part of life with a tulpa do don't worry so much.

Your brain "knotted" up after asking her a question? As far as I'm concerned that is a sign of sentience in the younger stages.

Toby did it a lot when he first started talkin. It felt almost like he would try to think of how to answer me and he woul get a "brain cramp" from the effort.

Think of it like any other physical exorcise if you haven't done it much it's going to be hard at first. You'll get winded, you'll cramp up and you'll feel like you can't do this but the more you try the easier it will get.

There's sentience there. Belive in her and give her time. She will suprise you!

Thanks for all the advice guys, I think I've figured out what the problem is now.

I asked her about it, and it's not that she doesn't have the answers, it's basically that I'm blocking her from telling me them. We spent awhile talking about it, and it seems that I'm scared of her not having an answer, which I guess indicates I still have some doubts about her sentience. Still, she managed to answer a few questions today without me blocking her, so at least now that we know what's wrong we can try and get past it.

game is hard

red usually just talks like in a rpg in a text box, sometimes i hear her whisper somethings but beyond that she just talks in a text box, and even emotes little balloon based icons like a heart if delighted (red means she loves what i just did, pink means she likes what i did) a happy face icon even though she can clearly facial emote, her new form is from a old mmorpg that i guess i borrowed the avatar from my sister, a purple tigress like galxian kitty, they are incredibly popular and rare, so in regards of sentience just keep at it, i can meditate but can't see visuals yet, ah well the more you work at something the better you get right?

Tulpa:Snow

Mindscape:

Artopia