PsiQss' thought's relocation as a general forcing booster

PsiQss

Question

(edited)

Hello everyone. Before I start, I'd like to say that this entire idea is based off of a guide I was reading last year: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-focus-concentration-removing-doubts-and-general-meditation-technique. (Much thanks to nice people on this forum who helped me find it) I hightly suggest reading it to have a good understanding of the thoughts in your own mind, because in my method, we'll be trying to manipulate them instead of simply silencing.

The lost guide

The guide itself was about a method of dealing with intrusive thoughts but we're going to reverse it here and use it to strengthen thoughts instead of killing shooting them down.

The idea is to feel the thoughts as they form and destroy them before they are strong enough to distract you. You want to feel your tulpa and you know how her thoughts are different from your own, intrusive thoughts. You want to focus on your tulpa but identify and annihilate any thought that feels different, before those thoughts even reach you.

The guide explained it with words (well, duh!). You think of a word and say it in your mindvoice. You have to get the idea of where is this word coming from. Now you cut it before you're done saying it. You keep repeating the word and cutting it shorter and shorter, until all that's left is the intention to say this word. It is important that you start the word with intention to say a complete word and then cut it, you shouldn't initially intend to say just half of the word!

Now after that exercise, once you get the idea you should be able to cut the intrusive thoughts right away, when you feel a "spark" of the thought. That's pretty much it.

I'd be really grateful if we could find the actual guide though. It was explained far better there but aside from that, I really feel like I'm using someone else's work here :/

But let's move on to using this method to our advantage. Once you get the idea of where the thought is coming from and how they feel, you should be able to (instead of cutting it short) focus on how those thoughts feel and "stimulate" them. You could use it to strenghten your tulpa's voice or even take it a step further and proceed to my relocation method.

How it works

And what does this actually do. As mentioned in the title, this method is a forcing booster, which means it is not much of a forcing technique of its own. Once you get the gist of it, it's supposed to take from one to five minutes before your actual forcing method. By relocating the thoughts (if done correctly) you're forcefully changing your beliefs so that you subconsciously know (not 'think') your tulpa is there and you can get the right mindset for forcing. If it doesn't go so well, you should at least get a better feel of your tulpa, which is always a bonus. But it's still experimental, so far I've only tested it on myself, so worst case scenario your head can explode, implode or both. You've been warned.

Origins of the relocation method

(If you want you can skip this paragraph and go to the next one right away as that's where most of the practical information is)

I have discovered an odd thing with my mind few years ago. I've been thinking of something related to my potential future, it was something along the lines of what my future job could be after a few years, doesn't really matter. What does matter though, is that it was something real. Something that could really happen. But this all felt like I didn't really believe it could. I knew that it was realistically possible, but I've been thinking of it as if it was not. And I didn't know why.

Few days later I've figured this out. I was about to have an exam of some sorts and I kind of imagined myself passing it with no problem, just visualized it to kind of let go my worries and to believe I can pass it. But it didn't feel right, I've been thinking of it, again, as if it wasn't going to happen. So I began analyzing this - the thought about the exam taking place felt real, I knew it WAS going to happen, while the thought about me passing it felt like a wish, fiction. It wasn't a difficult exam too, so I wasn't really worried about failing it. I didn't know why but even though both of those felt realistic, I've been thinking of them differently. I've decided to focus on actually learning for it though, and left those issues for the next day.

After the exam itself I came back to thinking of thoughts. And now, the thoughts about the exam and me passing it felt completely different - they were in the past now. I started messing around with thoughts, thinking of different things to find out how they 'feel'. And I've noticed that certain thoughts have something in common, they feel similarly real. I didn't know why but my mind seemed to be "categorizing" them.

The next time I've had a similar situation to the exam one (which btw I've passed, don't worry) I've tried to make myself believe more. I wondered why isn't that thought in this or that category, while it felt like it should be there? So I've tried to move it to that category myself. After few minutes of concentrating on those thoughts and analyzing them, I managed to make it feel right, to really make myself believe in this (can't remember what it particularly was though, lol).

So that's what I call the relocation, the process of reorganizing your mind, kind of, to make yourself think about stuff the way you want. From this day forth, I've been using this method whenever I wanted to really believe in something, I've even done some fun experiment like relocating my past memories to the future. Nothing big though, just recent events, but to my surprise, even though I knew those things happened already, I was expecting them to happen tomorrow.

I don't know why, but even though I've kind of been using this method for a while, only recently did I think of applying it to forcing. And here's how I did it.

Location of thoughts in the mind

Even before I started forcing, I've noticed that different types of thoughts have a different feel associated with them. I'll call it "mind location" for the sake of simplicity. So, the locations. For forcing purposes, we'll focus on a few basic ones.

The first "axis" is time. We have:

Past - those are mostly your memories, and generally everything that's related to the past, pretty straightforward.

Present - everything you think about your current life, including short time memories and plans for the upcoming days.

Future - those are mostly your plans for life and things that will, or could potentially happen one day.

The next "axis" is reality, things get a little tricky here:

Real - those are things that seem real to you. Things that you do every day and things that very much can happen. Or things that did actually happen.

Fiction - those are things that you consider "real" but you don't really believe that could happen. For example, thinking of winning million dollars on a lottery or even imagining yourself taking revenge on a bully if you don't really believe you could do it.

Fantasy - those are things that are not real, not possible and cannot happen in the world we know.

nxmRKGD.png

(Much thanks to Twilight for formatting this for me :3)

The relocation

Before we proceed further, you'll have to pinpoint all the mind locations mentioned above, in your own mind. Think of something from a particular category and try to understand how it feels. Once you've got the gist of it, you can do a simple trick.

If you have problem with something related to your tulpa, for example vocality, try to imagine how would it be if you were actually able to clearly talk to them. This will probably be somewhere in Future Fiction or Future Fantasy area, depending on how you think of it. All you have to do now, is to forcefully "relocate" this thought to Present Reality. Again, this doesn't mean throwing the thought from right side of your brain to left. You have to understand the difference in how you think of reality and fiction, and simply "think it differently".

Don't misunderstand me, this won't instantly make your tulpa vocal. Nevertheless, it can significantly speed up the process. The purpose of this trick is to make you FEEL your tulpa being there and speaking/listening to you. Once you feel it, it should be much easier to actually hear them. It's like tuning in to correct wavelength to speak to them properly. It makes you feel exactly how it would feel if they were really there. And most importantly, it weakens your mind barrier that blocks their thoughts - your subconscious takes it as real, not a fantasy, so why would it filter it out, right?

This method has worked for me so far, extremely well. After the first try I felt like my tulpa was really sitting next to me. I felt it the same way I feel someone's presence when I close my eyes and I know they are still there. But I'd like you guys to try it out for yourself and share your results so we can all make sure it really works. I've had huge progress recently, so it probably does, at least to some degree.

Happy forcing, and I hope you find it at least slightly helpful. Remember to read alot of guided, combine them and find what works for you best!

Chart back-up:

Spoiler

image.png.7934cbed9e6b16440b022c34b712fde2.png

Edited by Ranger
Added image back-up

"Tulpamancy? It's a way of life.

More than one..."

• Answers 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

But with respect to the lost guide, is this it? I remember seeing it while reading Garland's PR. Seems to fit your recollection.

I think this might be the one I have read at least.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Approved, Tips and Tricks (or possibly even Guides, as some of the ideas behind it are important enough that they would deserve a Guide).

The lost guide

I suspect you may be talking about this guide: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-focus-concentration-removing-doubts-and-general-meditation-technique

A few of my comments to that guide may also apply to you own (see thread).

How it works

It's essentially creating or changing an implicit belief. There is a huge lot that could be said about the sheer amount of things one can usually do with this.

Your "relocation" method here is more of a subset of how to do this.

Location of thoughts in the mind

Not everyone makes direct distinctions between Fiction and Fantasy, they could be clustered together, or someone could make even more distinctions than you mentioned: for example: "logically impossible"/inconsistent, low probability future event (ex. winning the lottery), ultra-low probability future event (anything close to 0 probability, things you would put in "Fantasy", but which would be theoretically possible, just infinitesimally unlikely, such as a white rabbit popping into existence merely by the virtue of countless particles moving and interacting in such a way as to cause said event), and so on.

Then there are other distinctions like "physically real" and "subjectively real", your body is an example of something with physical existence (or so we assume, and have a pretty clear mental category for it). A dream or a hallucination may be something with a subjectively real (to you) existence, but without an objective existence. There's probably a class here which seems to be stronger, the class of what we think is our own mental existence, or our own consciousness and self(model) and sense of continuity and unity and all that. This seems to be that way to us, simply because of its complexity and stability, but it may be that as far as the unconscious mind is concerned, it's of a similar reality as other subjectively real things (such as those dreams, those hallucinations or those behavioral patterns), except this particular pattern is self-reinforcing itself over time. A sufficiently developed tulpa may very well end up like this too, even if at the very start they may be a mere fantasy that's not even given the label of being "mentally real", thus being even less real than a dream. Having an unconscious expectation, or an implicit belief of the tulpa being "real" or "alive" could very well start to give it as much stability as your own self's. I suppose there are some that would call that a delusion (false belief), and a few which are a bit smarter and call it a pseudo-delusion (seems to act on the mind like a delusion, without necessarily being false) - my personal opinion on this is that such beliefs are self-defining - beliefs about our own selves and consciousness, and beliefs about some other mental symbols and processes, and once certain mental loops are closed, the expectations end up self-reinforcing and internally consistent, thus 'true', or at least as true as we are to ourselves.

I'm not going to comment as much on the Past, Present, Future axis, in as much as to say that the Present is usually about things in the working memory, thus is talking about immediate experiences, while things in the Past are typically memories, and those in the Future are typically predictions/fantasies, however it's not impossible for a person to mix the Past and the Future as they both have similar qualities - a person could potentially believe that something happened in the past, which didn't, in which case, they would have confabulated or fantasized about it (hence it being similar to confusing a potential event with an actual one that happened), and human memory being unreliable, this may happen more often than you'd think. The Present is far more valuable as it has that "real"-ness and quality, very similar in a way to the "subjectively real" quality on the other axis.

In a way, the truly relevant part here is that someone can make something real or true to themselves, and it's many times as easy as the metaphorical flipping of a mental switch or just as simple as saying something is so and observing it being so - not much different from a self-suggestion or affirmation, but if the skill is developed well enough, it could result in great changes. Consider for example someone that can easily change an implicit belief about their immediate perceptions, so that when they think to themselves "I'm seeing a blue elephant (physically) in front of me", they would actually be perceiving/hallucinating/imposing a blue elephant in front of them. That's usually a skill few people have, but some are better at it than others. In a simpler way, you could say a skill like that is about someone learning to make certain things real to themselves, or "subjectively real/true", or simply creating or changing implicit beliefs and expectations with ease.

As far as tulpas are concerned, the following suggestions are one of my favorites:

• "you don't control this"
  • "this is outside your conscious awareness"
  • "this is real to you"
  • "this is unexpected/not coming out of your expectations, yet directed by a coherent will".

That is, putting things outside of one's conscious perception or outside one's will are usually good tulpa recipes as they induce the right kind of dissociation that would result in a tulpa or more (as a side-note, there is a solid argument that sensory dissociation usually implies dissociation of consciousness, and most likely separate consciousness streams or separate perception(!)).

Are implicit beliefs such as "my tulpa is alive" or "my tulpa is (subjectively) real" or "my tulpa has a will" better than simply developing them naturally the more one gets immersed into one's imagination? I would argue that sometimes they are, because immersion itself doesn't always create self-reinforcing beliefs, you could for example have a nice adventure in your imagination, but treat it like a dream of little importance, while an implicit belief about a mental entity being 'real', could end up self-reinforcing in that it itself is the cause of immersion and other mental effects on a persistent/semi-permanent basis, that is, it could end up becoming stable much quicker or more easily.

And as I've been going quite a bit off-topic about these implicit beliefs, I'd like any potential reader to contemplate about what it actually means for them to consider a mental place "real" at an unconscious level - the usual result is that one starts observing that something (be it the place or the tulpa) as outside of themselves, stopping consciously generating it, but rather observing it as something "external" (even if it's internal to one's brain, it's perceptually external/unconsciously generated/immersive, in the sense of it being new information to your conscious self, thus capable of being surprising and stable). This is usually how one gets "autonomous wonderlands" that maintain themselves when one isn't observing and which seem to act like 'real' places - always changing, like any real place would be; various dreamscapes, immersive "otherworlds" even those with unique features like time dilation and more. There is a direct qualitative difference between observing a wonderland one recalls from memory and "being" somewhere where you're just an actor and observing everything being "alive" and immersive around you, while also retaining continuity through other sessions and possibly also allowing your tulpa to interact with it themselves and show you new things!

It may also be worth noting that certain "metaphysical" belief systems do sometimes cultivate such kinds of unconscious beliefs that would more easily result in tulpas or autonomous/immersive imaginary worlds that feel completely real to the subject. It's also worth noting that other people do induce such things through hypnosis or even self-hypnosis, or even more direct methods such as what PsiQss' guide talks about.

The relocation

This section talks a lot about "feels" and how to work with them in your mind. This is usually unique to every person, but being mindful of one's own mental processes will eventually teach oneself tricks to more easily manipulate/change/create unconscious expectations/implicit beliefs.

Some of the advice is a bit reminiscent of JDBar's guide, where one consciously generates a behavioral or imaginary pattern for their tulpa, then dissociates from controlling that part of the imagination (by assuming it's out of their control, or treating it as implicitly real(!), or making it real to themselves), thus giving one a tulpa that's quickly gaining independence and having an easier time to learn from what you show them.

Some of the advice here is a bit symbolic, but in the end, to make something real to yourself in your mind, you have to... Just do it! (and I know I'll probably get some flak over this, but the process is many times as direct as moving one arm or thinking of one word, it cannot be simplified any more than that, it should already be mentally irreducible. You can sometimes observe your mind as it thinks (or just being mindful) to more easily realize how some beliefs form and how you react to certain things and that you can already do most things if you really want to do them or intend to do them).

Overall, I do think this guide can work quite well in the guide section, however while I don't have as strong qualms about this being symbolic as Sands does, some parts are overly specific to how the author conceptualizes things, rather than being generalized enough to "most minds", thus I can only approve this for "Tips and Tricks". However, I do believe having a guide for how to "make things (subjectively) real to oneself in one's mind", or how to dissociate from various mental processes, or how to manipulate or debug implicit beliefs/gut feelings/expectations/etc, would really help - things like "mental blocks" or various emotional response patterns can sometimes form negative reinforcing loops that can hinder the tulpa development process (while some other positive reinforcement loops could more easily grow a tulpa). I would even suggest that if someone is having trouble figuring out why their own mind isn't working exactly like they want it to - that they should ask a psychotherapist or a hypnotherapist for advice on it, or if not that, learn to think like one themselves and learn to debug and introspect their own mental "issues" (for example, someone having trouble visualizing due to some bad emotions associated with the process is having an 'issue', but it's certainly not the same severity as some of the disorders in the DSM).

Yes, that's the guide, thanks guys. I probably couldn't find it because for some reason I was being sure that it was about blocking out intrusive thoughts, so I didn't check this one since it was about doubt. Silly me.

NotAnonymous: I know several things are unique from person to person and I've tried to put an emphasis on that, but I still had to keep some of the concepts, like the "reality axis". Some people might perceive 'fiction' and 'fantasy' the same way, some might be keeping the 'fiction' in the 'reality' area. I know it but I didn't know how to explain it the other way, really. I might edit that later when I suddenly have a better idea as how to make it more clear.

Your post explains this whole idea really well and I think I might link it up in the OP if you don't mind.

"Tulpamancy? It's a way of life.

More than one..."

Your post explains this whole idea really well and I think I might link it up in the OP if you don't mind.

I don't see why anyone would mind having their replies to a thread quoted/linked in the same thread, so feel free to use whatever you wish.

My god... I think this is the one... Something that actually works for us really well. Thank you :)

Part of the road to becoming a better person lies in defeating the darkness inside yourself, then helping others to do the same.

There is nothing to compare to watching a sunrise with those who you love the most.

"Step by step, moment by moment"