what happens to a tulpa when its creator dies?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Do they die along with their creators, or are they left drifting around aimlessly? Can they be "adopted" by others or can they live by themselves? Also, if tulpas are sentient, can they feel pain or are they immune to it?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on if you're into metaphysics or not. As this is mostly a science board most members will tell you they die with the creator. I think it's best if you do some soul searching and find your own answer here as there's no 'right' answer.

They die. A tulpa relies on the host's brain to live in the same way that the host does, so brain death means death for both the host and tulpa.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

Guest Anonymous

They die. A tulpa relies on the host's brain to live in the same way that the host does, so brain death means death for both the host and tulpa.

that's very sad. :( at least they get to stay with their creators, if there is a possibility of any sort of afterlife out there.

Well, that depend on what afterlife or form of reincarnation you believe in (assuming it's true).

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

Guest amber5885

Toy and I talked about this, and that comment about finding the right answer for yourself is dead on but what Toby and I decided is that whatever happens to me will happen to him.

Toby is agnostic leaning towards atheist and i believe in reincarnation and god in a very bhuddist sense. I belive in reincarnation, I belive that I will come back and Toby has decided that what makes the most sense to him is that since we are apart of each other in this life we will be apart of each other in the next life as well but whether or not I am aware of him the next time around is the bigger question.

Friends to the end ;-;

Name: Rose

Birth: 9/9/11

Form: Human, brown long hair, blue eyes.

Working on: Visualization and Sentience

Guest Anonymous

Also, if tulpas are sentient, can they feel pain or are they immune to it?

Well others have answered my thoughts on the death issue, but tulpas can feel pain if they want to. I could cut Void's arm, but she chooses to feel it.

Also, why are you a pollution advocate?

Well others have answered my thoughts on the death issue, but tulpas can feel pain if they want to. I could cut Void's arm, but she chooses to feel it.

Also, why are you a pollution advocate?

I've talked to her a bit about this on Deviant art. She's been around it for a very long time and has learned to see a beauty in it.

Personally, I think its Stockholm syndrome.

No offense PollutionDemon.

"The Question is not who is going to let me, its who is going to stop me"~ Ayn Rand