Difficulty Communicating

Okay, so I know she's sentient and I can tell whenever she's with me, but all I'm really getting is head pressure. I'm able to understand a simple "yes" or "no", but anything in between is very difficult. That, and I can vaguely understand basic feelings from her (most are too complex for me to catch), but I'm pretty sure there aren't any words yet. The problem with this is I might be assuming too much about her, and I need to let her decide what she looks and acts like (that's simply what I prefer). I'd like to be able to understand what she's really feeling or trying to tell me so that I don't trick myself in to thinking that it's her when it's really my conscious desire, but we're having a hard time with that. What can we do to establish more communication with each other?

Time really helps. It took Bud almost six months before he was really talking, and only recently has he actually began to enjoy it. She might just be the quiet type.

Can you communicate with raw thought?

How long have you been forcing? Sometimes it just takes time, she is developing don't doubt that, but maybe she need more time to learn how to communicate better, or maybe you need more time to learn how to listen better, but it will happen.

And don't have so much doubt, you can't trick yourself, I had many many doubts when Esmeralda started talking, I was afraid that it was just me parroting her unconsciously so one day I tried to parrot on purpose and I realized it was more difficult that I thought and that I couldn't be doing it without realizing it, believe me when I tell you that you can't trick yourself without noticing that you are tricking yourself.

English isn't my first language and I'm not used to write in it but I'm always interested in learning, please tell me if I made a mistake or if you have any advice

Time really helps. It took Bud almost six months before he was really talking, and only recently has he actually began to enjoy it. She might just be the quiet type.

Can you communicate with raw thought?

It is possible to communicate through raw thought; she likes to throw words or feelings around occasionally (that's how she picked her name, in fact). I hadn't considered her to be the quiet type, but it feels like sometimes she's just trying to say something and it's just not getting to me. I'll give it some time like you said, and see how it works out. Thanks.

P.S. Her name is Elena, if you were wondering.

How long have you been forcing? Sometimes it just takes time, she is developing don't doubt that, but maybe she need more time to learn how to communicate better, or maybe you need more time to learn how to listen better, but it will happen.

And don't have so much doubt, you can't trick yourself, I had many many doubts when Esmeralda started talking, I was afraid that it was just me parroting her unconsciously so one day I tried to parrot on purpose and I realized it was more difficult that I thought and that I couldn't be doing it without realizing it, believe me when I tell you that you can't trick yourself without noticing that you are tricking yourself.

Thanks much, that clears up and helps a lot.

Raw thought might be the best way to start. That what Bud and I did. Once I noticed his thought process was becoming a bit more complex, we started a "no raw thought" rule for a while, in which we both had to completely form what we wanted to say to each other like real speaking. Now we switch back and forth between the two rather fluidly.