Sudden changes in appearance.

Ennui

*Just to make it clear, I haven't made a tulpa yet*

I've been reading various guides for a while now and pretty much know the basics on creating a tulpa, but there's just one problem:

My visualization.

I find that I can visualize a character in front on me (one that isn't original), but there seems to be some sort of stuttering in appearance. Let's say for example that I'm seeing this one character, and then suddenly a different character that's not even related to this character replaces it. It's very annoying. Could this be because of a lack of focus?

By the way, I'm more interested in creating an original tulpa. I'm just testing my visualization at the moment.

Any theories as to why this is happening would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Really, it just takes practice. Some people are naturally better than others at these kinds of things, but with practice pretty much everyone can do it depending on how much they want to. So yeah, focus, concentrate, whatever helps you out until you get a more acute ability for visualizing.

That's just my two cents. Good luck!

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

Thanks for the input, Phaneron.

Lack of focus is probably it. I've only just started after all.

If the problem persists, I'll let you know.

Not a problem, I'm glad to have helped out! ^_^

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

[/align]

Intrusive thoughts could be the cause also, but Phaneron is more than right. Practice, practice, practice.

I had never thought about Intrusive thoughts being the case. Although it could be a possibility, the thoughts are often associated with OCD, depression and BDD, which I haven't been diagnosed with.

However, I will keep that in mind. Thanks for the input, Ashmo.

Not a problem, I'm glad to have helped out! ^_^

If lack of concentration is the case, would you know of any easy exercises that could help improve my focus? I'm having a really hard time.

Thanks.

Well, I'm attention deficit and obsessive compulsive and I have the hardest time trying to keep up with talking with Q during the day, since I'm usually at school, working on something, or just being lazy. I find that sitting down and purposefully creating a specific time out of the day to talk an interact/force generally helps, because your brain understands that this is what this time is for a bit more easily. There might be some concentration excercises around the forums or somewhere else on the web I'm sure you could find.

[/align]

Most likely due to lack of concentration, I remember having a somewhat similar problem when I first began. Depending on the person, there's certain times of the day that are easier to concentrate than others. Since you're just beginning, you should set some time out during the day that is dedicated to just focusing. Turn off your computer, phone, tv, any device that might distract you. If need be, play some sort of smoothing music if that helps as well.

Name: Lisette Stroiche

Creation date: 10/21/12

Working on: N/A

My Records