Tulpa Romance?

This next question I ask is on the behalf of a friend I have. I told her about Tulpas and such. She usually is very depressed and feels lonely most of the time, so when I told her about Tulpas she seemed to kind of cheer up.

She asked me recently if a Tulpa could be created for a Romantic Relationship. Like as a main intent. Basically she wants to make a Tulpa Boyfriend and I don't know what to say really to her.

For that purpose, would it be okay for her to make a Tulpa, or is that a no-no?

My immediate thought is no. I don't dislike the thought of a relationship between host and tulpa, it happens. But I don't think they should ever be made with the -intent- to be in a relationship.

Put yourself in their shoes. Can you imagine if you realized that the reason you were brought into existence was to be romantically involved with one, and only one person? I know I'd be super bummed. More than that, but you get my point.

In summation, tulpa/host relationships are ok, but not if that is the intent behind making the tulpa.

Tulpas

Amy

Nine-Tailed Kitsune

Sigma

Anthro Cat-Bat

The Kippies!

Jazz (M), Viola (F), Chime (H), Fife (M), Iris (F), Robyn (F), Aster (M), Sage (F), Dune (M), Snowbell (F), Rosemary (F), Glyph (M), Volt (M), Circuit (F)

The Baybees~

Marina, Acorn, Anais, Lily, Chip

Now -that- is a tough one... Hmmm...

Only thing I can think of is the "put yourself in their shoes" thing. I mean, how devastated you would be if you were created for a singular purpose? You only exist because someone wanted a boyfriend? And what if she meets a physical boy she wants to date? Your entire reason for living is gone.

So.... something like that... I guess...

Tulpas

Amy

Nine-Tailed Kitsune

Sigma

Anthro Cat-Bat

The Kippies!

Jazz (M), Viola (F), Chime (H), Fife (M), Iris (F), Robyn (F), Aster (M), Sage (F), Dune (M), Snowbell (F), Rosemary (F), Glyph (M), Volt (M), Circuit (F)

The Baybees~

Marina, Acorn, Anais, Lily, Chip

Guest amber5885

If she is lonely I would encourage her to make one anyhow, it might be able to help her in other ways.

I definitely agree there. Even if she thinks what she needs is a tulpa to date, having a new friendship can be equally helpful for loneliness, especially one like this that is so much stronger than regular relationships.

My tulpa, Callista, is very analytical and can usually explain the reasons for my feelings. That helps me out all the time, especially when I was depressed. There's something very calming in just hearing the reasons for my feelings, especially when I don't believe there are reasons.

So, I'd definitely encourage her to make a tulpa. Just let her know that there are pros besides being able to date them, and I wish her luck. :3

Guest Anonymous

She asked me recently if a Tulpa could be created for a Romantic Relationship. Like as a main intent. Basically she wants to make a Tulpa Boyfriend and I don't know what to say really to her.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster IF done wrong. I wouldn't limit her from creating one, but just have her bear in mind not to

A) Turn it into a sex toy and nothing more

B) Create it like you would any tulpa (with love and care)

C) Not to force a relationship with her upon the tulpa

If you create it with the characteristics that might make it a likely SO, that's fine by me, but forcing it to be one regardless of what it wants is just plain cruel. [basically that. My relationship with Jimmy is one we both agree on, and was never forced on me. If you want your tulpa to be your SO, go ahead, but please, don't make them do something they don't want to.]

well, I knew that if I got into a tulpa relationship, I would commit to it. I would exclude all other relationships outside. that's the reason i'm not in a relationship with my tulpa. it's asking for trouble.

as for your friend, can't she just be friends with her tulpa? being in a relationship isn't the only cure for loneliness.

Well, I guess Im going to tell her that she can make a tulpa, just not force a relationship on them. And if something develops between her and her tulpa then it will be okay.

So just think of making a friend and if a Romantic relationship does happen to bloom then good luck, but don't try to force it.

Does that sound about right? .3.