Motivation

June

Hey im back been away for a while not much progress due to exams n what not anyway, anyone got motivation tips? Like anything would help for a plan im writing.

Media deprivation worked well for me. You basically make a commitment not to get online, watch TV or movies, play games, read books, use your phone (except to the extent necessary to not lose your job and significant other), and so on.

Once you're not allowed to do all the time wasting crap you usually do, you have long hours of your day with nothing to do but force.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

I did something like that when i took a trip to my mother's house in Montreal. It wasn't till i arrived that i found she didn't have internet, and i don't really watch TV, so i found myself with limited options.

here's what i ended up spending my time doing:

- Reading with my tulpa. like 2 books in 5 days. There were times i'd get too "into" the book and forget to send the information to her, but i did my best. by the end of the trip she was assuring me she was following along even if i wasn't 100% focused on her.

- exercising more.

- narrating more.

Basically i'm saying that sushi's idea has some serious merit; but no books? i'm not a skilled enough mancer to spend hours in my wonderland without getting frustrated. Even with just the lack of internet and television, i made really solid progress in just a few days and started setting some good habits too.

"The way is in training."

- Miyamoto Musashi