This site is going downhill

Dog

This is exactly what I am talking about.

Unless I misread your entire post, using the code tag correctly is not what you were talking about.

>Tulpa communities hate each other from what I understand. It works both ways. I've only heard bad things about /r/tulpas and the likes.

I think it's just tulpa.info that hates other tulpa communities. From what I've seen in /r/tulpas and other tulpa communities, they are perfectly fine with linking to tulpa.info guides, etc.. The frontpage of /r/tulpas links directly to tulpa.info if people want more information. EDIT: They link to tulpa.info guides and resources, but they look down on the discussion that goes on here.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like we've had this thread before. Even if we haven't, the reasons haven't changed from what was posted in my imaginary version of it. I agree with Derp and Ea most of all I guess. We could all post more. I could post more. Whoops. Also, a long time ago I suggested a few changes to Q&A that didn't really get implemented. I think it'd be pretty good if a post standard were enforced. Like, a basic level of English. Maybe registration should have a literacy test instead of a CAPTCHA?

But just to address the people complaining about the GAT, metal and Quora:

I'm not sure how you'd pin much on the GAT here; if someone is actually new to the community and is posting guides then ??, and if they're scared away by some criticism then ?? again. You're welcome to post your complaints in the dedicated subforum this forum has for complaining about the GAT, though.

- Lack of staff action on many cases of blatant trolling, off topicness, and flaming. The amount of stuff it takes to actually get banned is ridiculous.

What a fascinatink view, because some of the more relevant criticism i've seen addresses the fact that these kinds of easy-to-address, easy-to-interpret and marginal-in-effect issues are the ONLY thing moderation extends to:D

- GAT. Seriously? I've seen the arguments. It isn't working. Get rid of it. Nobody should have veto right because they disagree with a subjective idea.

I currently have not the slightest idea/memory on what effects has GAT implementation actually had but in theory, that IS what should make it rich and worthwhile dear...

This community's reputation is HORRIBLE amongst most of the rest of the overall Tulpa community. Many other parts of the community refer to this site as a cesspool. It has promise but doesn't seem to want to correct it's problems. You can observe this in just the sheer number of splinter communities that exist.

Seeing the amount of other communities and the people within is _LIMITED_ and people here have overall poor comprehensions on what is a _whole_ trend (regards: person who SINGLE-HANDEDLY turned lounge into near /b/.... in their mind:DDD), are you absolutely sure you're not just proxying for that marginal handful of naysayers you spend relatively more time talking to? Not that this place isn't a bit banal. But i blame reasons that are present absolutely everywhere:D Edit: (and which are certainly not better anywhere else that still counts as a community instead of a circlejerk)

tell the rapper what i'm gonna do with all this money

Guest Anonymous

@Derp: I was on leave for 4-6 months dealing with IRL stuff, I'm back now. I had reported it to the mods but obviously not the entire community knew about it, so I get why you don't understand my inactivity.

I agree with waffles that GAT complaints should go in the GAT subforum.

Also, if I were to enforce a post standard, these are the standards I'd enforce:

- You're able to make yourself understood in English without too much complication

- You can be taken seriously to some degree - meaning that even if you have some claims that are "out there", you understand that not everybody has to believe you and may challenge your logic and even outright deny what you are claiming

- You're not pedantic

- You try being understanding of others' situations in your posts rather than posting with a "my way or the highway" mindset

- You stay mature, even if others do not

- You know when to admit you're wrong, or are able to give decent reasoning as to why you refuse to do so

There are probably more things, but I think that these are things that would ensure for a more peaceful forum - both with less shitposting and attentionwhoring. To me, personally, those two are the same thing, but I've noticed that some mods like to differentiate between those. I don't like seeing either, and I'm entirely okay with enforcing a posting standard - after all, we already do, what with rules such as "Don't use excessive CAPITAL LETTERS, l33t-sp34k or AnNoYiNg TyPiNg QuIrKs" and "Trying to find loopholes in the rules is against the rules" - these rules can basically be generalized into "Don't be dick and don't be pedantic about it when you're called out on being a dick".

And I think that mods need to learn that when somebody is breaking the rules, they're breaking the rules, no matter how much they whine about it - the more they whine, the less they should be listened to. This is how I see mods behave everywhere except here, where they actually take pedantic and childish behavior seriously and look down on mature but maybe slightly shitpost-y behavior.

I hope that we'll be able to get past that after all this time.

Also, editing bersinger's earlier post for understanding's sake.

Guest amber5885

I don't know if it would be helpful or not but maybe sending out a welcome email to new users that along with what an above poster suggested, would have the rules of the forum but a general what is and is not a tulpa. Maybe a link to some guides within it and a small FAQ for the new ones to read.

I'm just thinking it could be an automated thing that might, just maybe weed out some of the dumb and potentially harmful questions.

One came up today about whether or not someone's tulpa could actually drive a car in your place. Made me kind of face palm pretty hard and while I did get irrationally heated about it (not at the poster, just a silent wtf kind of thing) it sort of brought up the thought of people who really don't know what their doing trying or attempting something potentially dangerous for not just themselves but other people because they don't actually know what certain techniques really involve.

Maybe Im overreacting but the last thing I think we need is a bunch of people thinking that creating a tulpa gets them out of taking accountibility for their own anxieties or daily life.

Guest Anonymous

It's a shame that weeding out stupidity has to be such a headache.

I think that as many people as possible should just keep a good attitude about things when they aren't blatantly disruptive or problematic. That way we might be able to build up our reputation a bit more. That's just an idea, I suppose.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

"they", probably. I imagine Phaneron is typing from his phone, and it autocorrected or swyped poorly or something. I've been seeing a lot of it here lately.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Yeah, sorry about that. I can only find time to come here on my phone anyway, so excuse any typos. Thanks for pointing that out, though.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]