Dangerously Scattered Thoughts

Stormy

I just had an idea. I haven't tried this myself, so I have no clue if it even works, but you could try it.

How are you at creative writing and reading?

Can you visualize what's happening in the story when you read a fiction novel?

Have you ever had to write narrative essays for school?

If you answered yes to the above, then there may just be hope for you.

Try writing a short story in which you and your tulpa play a part.

- You can come up with any fictional scenario that sparks your interest. (It's easier to concentrate on things that you're interested in.)

- Keep your actions and the actions of your tulpa appropriate to your forms and personalities.

- Include plenty of back and forth dialogue, quoted in first person.

- Try to make it reasonably long. (like 5-10 or more pages - we're aiming for a meaningful story that will take some time to read through, not just a 400 word essay that a teacher can mark in 2 minutes)

- Since this is just for you, you don't need to worry too much about your writing style and grammar - as long as it reads fluidly enough that you don't confuse yourself.

Once you've written the story, read through it and visualise what's happening. (you'd have done this already while writing it, but now you can go through everything fluidly and sequentially and enjoy the fruits of your labour)

If it works for you, write another. (Who knows?, maybe you even get good enough to become a published author.)

The idea is that you'll eventually have an understanding of how your tulpa will react in any situation - then you can set it free and just 'observe' what you imagine them doing or saying at any time.

Just note: This method requires you to choose a name and visualise your character's form first. For that, you could try doing a written introduction in which you use words to describe his/her appearance in detail. - Your tulpa can always change this later on if they're not satisfied with it.

There's quite a few tulpamancers that are authors who turned their characters into tuplas, so there must be some merit in it - you'll just be making a character out of your tulpa so that you can use writing as a forcing method.

I might just try this myself.

@Tess: I never had actually seen that guide before(most of the guides I read weren't from here). Imposing law into wonderlands is an absolutely great idea, and it's been helping me organize my thoughts a lot more than I thought it would.

@SphinxSpartan: Yeah I'm still having a little trouble.

@GuessWho: I used to do creative writing, but I never got into as much detail as that so I will try that soon.

It's not in our blood; it's in our hearts.

^ I just figured: If your thoughts are all over the place, writing may help organize them by only transferring appropriate ones to your story.

Reading it afterwards will cause you to work through the story/session in a structured way without leaving room for stray thoughts.

Also, forcing with your eyes open (which is pretty much a requirement here) will make it more difficult for your mind to wonder away from the here and now - which has then been strictly defined in words.