Family and friends

ryowei247

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told my girlfriend about tulpas, and she really didn't like the idea. Now it's a big secret. I don't plan on telling anyone I know.

I'm sorry. That must have been hard. I told my boyfriend and he was confused, but he's the reason that I know what tulpas are now. At least you have us online.

Tulpa: Walter

appearance: Short black hair, tall, grey eyes. Likes to wear a black vest over a white dress shirt and pants.

host: Amanda

Does it really matter? Tulpaforcing is an introspective process, simply telling everyone sounds like it might damage your progress. If everybody starts telling you you're crazy, you might actually start believing it, which might damage the relationship between you and your tulpa. Don't underestimate the impact words of others can have on your mental state.

I'm not telling you not to do it here, this is just a word of caution. Be selective with who you tell, and maybe consider not telling everyone.

The only person who knows is my husband, whom I told before I ever started creating Sarah. He was concerned until I explained it to him more. Now its great and he interacts with Sarah as well (when I proxy for her). We even play board games together. I certainly couldn't imagine telling anyone else though.

Host: Sakura

Tulpa: Sarah (began June 5th, 2014), Alyx (Began July 23rd, 2014)

Our shared tumblr

note: usually browsing on mobile, so cannot quote properly

Does it really matter? Tulpaforcing is an introspective process, simply telling everyone sounds like it might damage your progress. If everybody starts telling you you're crazy, you might actually start believing it, which might damage the relationship between you and your tulpa. Don't underestimate the impact words of others can have on your mental state.

I'm not telling you not to do it here, this is just a word of caution. Be selective with who you tell, and maybe consider not telling everyone.

I am very selective on who I tell. I have quite a few friends who don't know and will never know.

Tulpa: Walter

appearance: Short black hair, tall, grey eyes. Likes to wear a black vest over a white dress shirt and pants.

host: Amanda

It also depends on what they know. A good friend of mine's host had told his grandmother, who didn't like the idea at all. Months later, she messaged his grandma herself, and though she still didn't want to accept it easily, she was a lot more open towards it, and was in fact glad that the tulpa was around.

Approach is everything.

I told my sister about the stuff about a year ago, and she ended up making a tulpa of her own. I've told some friends about it as well, but most of them didn't seem to be interested.

• 2 weeks later...

I told one friend about tulpas, but he hasn't looked them up yet. I gave him this main site to start.

There are so many articles out there about not creating tulpas and that they're dangerous. One guy that created one and imposed it got freaked out that it followed him around. Honestly seeing mine will bring joy to my heart.

I think my friend will like it because he loves fictional characters.

Chance, an anthro husky, wolf or fox.

Birthdate September 20, 2014.

Sentient October 1, 2014.