Nano

Clementine

Hi there.

I already have quite a bit of knowledge on tulpaforcing. I had been thinking of making one for a while now, and decided to go for it. I decided to make an account, figuring I might as well log my progress here.

Her name is Nano, and this is her form http://puu.sh/bjMlW/fb565f16d4.png

I'm taking an approach that's a mix of several approaches. I'm not going to focus too much on active forcing, and instead narrate as much as I can to her, while also spending some time a day improving my visualization of her. Then, once she's vocal (I expect this to take anywhere between 2 to 4 months) I'm going to focus more on doing activities with her, all while perfecting my visualization. Once I'm familiar with her form and it never changes very drastically, I'm going to start imposition work.

I'm going to do imposition in a specific order that I think will work best. I'll start with visuals, once I can see her consistently, I'll start practicing touch and hearing, and once I have those two down, I'll practice smell/taste (but I don't find those extremely important, so I'll probably only work on those passively). Once we have all those things down, we'll start work on possession, and maybe switching, depending on what she wants.

My idea of her is that she'll be a very versatile and dynamic person. I'm not going to do any specific personality forcing, but I have a pretty good idea of what I want her to be like. Of course, she can deviate from this, but, based on what I've seen in other tulpas, I don't expect her to stray very far from it. I expect her to have some mysterious qualities and a rather eccentric array of tastes. Also, I want her to be emotional (in any sense) and very expressive in her mannerisms, and perhaps slightly quirky, but in a good sense.

I'm going to narrate by reading her stuff. I'm going to focus on less mainstream stuff, such as occult stories, creepypastas and a long personal log of someone's caving expeditions, but also read her books like Harry Potter.

All in all, I'm looking forward to seeing her progress and develop, and I have the patience required to take things slowly. I'll be starting by talking a bit more to her today. Will try to post every day, or whenever I made some form of progress.

Then, once she's vocal (I expect this to take anywhere between 2 to 4 months) [/Quote]

Welcome! I have some advice for you, never set expectations for time / progress. It differs greatly for everyone. My tulpa, Sarah, was vocal within the first week while for others it may take much longer. Everyone's mind is different, and certain aspects of tulpamancy may come much more quickly to some people than others. This is the same reason that it's considered detrimental to track progress via hours spent forcing.

Basically, try not to think about how long it will take for certain milestones to happen. If you expect something to take a long time it may end up taking a long time just because you believe that it should (self-fulfilling prophecy). Never discount progress because it feels like it's happening "too soon". The mind is a wondrous thing and sometimes it can surprise you.

Best of luck!

Host: Sakura

Tulpa: Sarah (began June 5th, 2014), Alyx (Began July 23rd, 2014)

Our shared tumblr

note: usually browsing on mobile, so cannot quote properly

Hi, thank you for your advice and your wish of luck.

However, I am aware. I don't use my expectations as a measuring stick, and rather as what they are - expectations. If they are not met, I will be fine with the result, as long as there is one. Be it one month or half a year. I do understand where you're coming from though, and I appreciate you going through the effort to warn me about it.

I don't think about it too much, that's just my general expectation. Nothing to live by.

Once again, thank you for your advice.

9/9/2014

9:00 AM

Heard a reply while narrating to her yesterday. She said "Okay.", but I was very tired, so I'm not accepting it just yet. If these keep happening, though, I guess that's that. I've been trying to alternate between talking to her and reading to her from books/articles. Not much of an update and I have to leave soon, but I wanted to record that response for later.

Been a while since I posted, had to deal with some life stuff and recent events on the forum left a bad taste in my mouth. I've still been narrating to her, reading her all kinds of different things, but still no reply. That "Okay" is all I've gotten so far, and it's rather sketchy. I'll be patient though, that's what this is about, after all.