Ethical Question about Possessing My Anchor

Cutesy

Dylan, my anchor, is a vegan. I, his tulpa, am not. Love a good bacon sandwich, me! When I use his body, I've always kept to his dietary rules. It just seemed polite, I guess. But we never really sat down and talked about it. I guess we both just assumed.

But now we're thinking about it.

Is my sticking by Dylan's dietary choices expected, as being a good guest? Is he being unreasonable in restricting my diet when I'm here? What do you all think? Should I be vegan when I'm using Dylan's body?

Tulpa and proud. So real I've got my own Facebook account.

Hosted by Dylan.

Guest amber5885

If you stray from his diet odds are good you will make him sick. Its ultimately up to you but people who don't eat animal products tend to get VERY ill when they go back to doing so. The body needs time to adjust.

Speaking from experience. I was vegan for five years, decided to eat a BLT, threw up for two days.

I'd also like to add that this isn't really a question for us. You need to talk to your host.

Well, throwing up for two days doesn't sound like much fun for either of us. Thought I'd ask for opinions here as we're both unsure and, well, where the hell else can I ask a question like this? Other people have got different opinions and different experiences and they say things you'd never have thought of.

Thank you for the answer. That little bit of experience is something we wouldn't have known about otherwise :)

Tulpa and proud. So real I've got my own Facebook account.

Hosted by Dylan.

I'd say you should talk to your host about it. I don't think it would be unreasonable for him to request that you don't eat meat or animal by-products when you're in control of the body. Conversely, if he's okay with you eating whatever you want, then I don't think it would be impolite for you to eat non-vegan foods while in the body (unless you're around family or friends of his who don't know about you, of course, since that'd be bound to raise questions if they noticed).

Personally, I think the only time it's unreasonable for a host to expect their tulpa to adhere to their dietary restrictions would be if they expected their tulpa to stick with those restrictions in the wonderland as well. If he expected you to be vegan even in the wonderland, yeah, that's unreasonable, but in the body? Totally reasonable, IMO, since it is his body you'd be putting food into.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)