Ninki and Heather's Journal!

Ninki Nanka

I've been following you with great interest--Heather is lucky to have such a wise and self-reflective host. I think that in this as in everything else in life, there are going to be ups and downs. I'm thinking Jess is possibly making progress even when I'm not pushing it, lol. After all, if I'm trying to help her gain some independence, I have to go with it when she demonstrates individuality, eh?

Thanks for the comments Jeff! I think you're absolutely right on all counts - and from what I've read of your progress report, I'm certain Jess is making great progress even when you aren't actively forcing it. :)

I'm thinking Jess is possibly making progress even when I'm not pushing it, lol. After all, if I'm trying to help her gain some independence, I have to go with it when she demonstrates individuality, eh?

Yes, this is true! You have to trust her to continue progressing even when you aren't actively forcing her. Passive forcing / narrating to her throughout the day will help too. Its important to make sure you don't reject it when she shows individuality. Being able to avoid doubting your tulpa's progress is very important. It sounds like you both are making great progress though!

Host: Sakura

Tulpa: Sarah (began June 5th, 2014), Alyx (Began July 23rd, 2014)

Our shared tumblr

note: usually browsing on mobile, so cannot quote properly

(19/09/14) Day 13: Road? Tarmac. ...Damn.

So, I guess we're coming up on the two week mark!

Not a whole lot has happened since the last entry - Heather has stayed at pretty much the same level of vocality, occasionally speaking single set words or phrases, and has started to more frequently communicate through images, especially of herself nodding, shrugging, etc. in response to things that I say or ask her about. I'm okay with this, even if it potentially means her vocal development will slow down a little. I want her to be able to advance at her own pace, so if she'd prefer to use non-vocal means of communication for now, that's fine by me. I've also continued to get head pressures, by the by.

Anyway, having noticed her new preference for images and ideas, I decided it might be cool if we play word association with each other. I would say something, and she'd flash an image back at me (or say the thing, which she did a few times instead of giving me an image). She actually ended up 'winning', since she said tarmac and I'm dumb and had nothing to associate it with that we hadn't already said... so Heather 1, Ninki 0. >_>

I guess that's all really. We've continued to passive and active force, though mostly passive since I've been occupied with a lot of pressing matters recently, including a thesis proposal.

(I asked Heather if she wanted to add anything to the post. I got a firm 'no'. :P)

Sounds like you two are doing well! Early on Sarah and I would play word association games like that, she often won because she would pull out a word that seemed so out of the blue that I wouldn't know how to respond. She still usually wins. I think back and forth and collaborative games are an awesome way to build communication with your tulpa.

Host: Sakura

Tulpa: Sarah (began June 5th, 2014), Alyx (Began July 23rd, 2014)

Our shared tumblr

note: usually browsing on mobile, so cannot quote properly

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear, looks like we haven't updated this in a while...! Truth be told, with the new term of university starting, I've been quite busy preparing for it, leading to not visiting the forum quite as much. However, there actually hasn't been that much to post. Barely any developments since the last entry, although I have made the observation somewhat recently that Heather tends to be more talkative at night, and sometimes we've had long-ish conversations in bed (although she still isn't using any complex language or stringing together long sentences). Although I've been finding it hard to set aside time to do nothing but focus on her, I'm almost always narrating to her when I'm alone and even then I talk to her sometimes using mindvoice when people are around.

And I guess we're coming up on our 1 month mark - she keeps telling me that she wants to play chess, so as a kind of 1 month present I'm going to try and learn it so we can play together. :3