nathanpsy

new to all of this

Now, as for the personalities of a tulpa. Could i hypothetically create a tulpa with several traits that i give to the tulpa whether he she likes it or not. For example, undying love for me, the opinion that they are not extremely interested in switching, although they may want to try it but its not something he she cares abut too much, and slow to anger, idk, would it upset the tulpa if i gave it a couple permanent traits that he.she has no choice.

Love for you is not a personality trait, and forcing it upon her will not work at all. It would probably upset the tulpa if she was forced to love you. (and it would be very hard for you to actually force her to love you). The best thing you could do is just create the tulpa without forcing her to feel a certain way towards you, a lot of tulpas develop a strong bond to their host because they have a very intimate relationship. Slow to anger fine, but don't force her to love you.

Okay, so it seems that your questions mainly reside around a fear of failure. As you stated near the beginning, you want this to go perfectly, so you want to eliminate any chances this has of failing. However, fact of the matter is that your fear may very well be the one thing that makes you fail, if you do. Fear is a rather dangerous thing in tulpamancy because it leads to doubts. Now, this is why I think that the demographic for this community isn't the way it would've been in an optimal situation - a lot of people here are teenagers who often come here and want a tulpa because they have trouble functioning socially (if you don't feel addressed by this, I'm not referring to you. Mainly saying this because a "But that's not true, I can be social" reply would be a pointless one seeing as you would therefore by definition not be what I'm talking about) - meaning that they will often want a tulpa as fast as possible and be hasty and sloppy in the process due to wanting quick results, which only leads to doubts later on, which are partially fueled by their reasons for making a tulpa, partially by their (generally) low self confidence and self-esteem, and partially by the method and approach that they used.

Now, the only way to avoid your fears is to, first of all, not expect perfection out of your tulpa. Everybody makes mistakes in every field, no exceptions. No matter how skilled and experienced you are, you will make mistakes frequently. It's a part of human nature; we make mistakes and learn from them. Yes, making mistakes is a good thing, people just tend to dislike the nasty consequences that mistakes bring with them, so they try to avoid those and do everything "perfectly". However, doing everything without fail would also mean that you would learn nothing. You would only learn of one path - that of success - and not anything else. If anyone ever had a problem, you wouldn't be able to help them because everything went smoothly for you. And if some external influence affected your flawless progress, you would have a lot more trouble dealing with it than someone who deals with mistakes and problems on a regular basis. So, it would be best to relinquish your fear of mistakes, however hard that may be.

A majority of this community has some sort of disorder, ranging from minor things like ADD, to the more common Asperger's/Autism or even schizophrenia and DID. So, no need to worry about an unstable psyche when making a tulpa - according to a recently published paper by an anthropologist who researched modern tulpas, they may even be beneficial in coping with your disorder. Your psyche won't ruin your tulpa any more than it has ruined yourself. If you feel like you're too ruined, don't make one. Your tulpa will most likely not be likely to be any less stable than you are, unless you imply that it should be during it's creation process, or something happens that traumatizes it emotionally which doesn't affect you.

The only example I can think of of someone who had psychological issues and got negative effects out of tulpamancing is Koomer, but Koomer is a special case and should not be used as a measuring stick. Many doubt the credibility of his words, which is also something to take into account.

It is not possible to undo a tulpa. It is, however, possible for the tulpa to disappear. Once you made one, though, you will always be able to remember it. So, in a sense, it will never be gone, even if it's only there as a memory. I think that pretty much any tulpamancer will tell you that you will form an indescribable bond with your tulpa that you can not have with any other human being, so, there's a good chance you won't want to "undo" them post-sentience.

What do you want to know about imagination? You can make a tulpa without being very good at it, several people have done that in the past. You get better at visualization the more you practice it, just like any other skill. You won't need any fancy tones or whatnot for that, all you need to do is try to imagine. It's a natural skill present in all humans, no exception. It's just not equally developed everywhere. A vague imagination isn't the end of the world. Rather, it's the start of a rather interesting practice that could benefit you quite a bit, if you decide to make it "not vague". Lastly, creativity and imagination are two separate things that go hand in hand, not synonyms.

Hope this answers your questions, and good luck.

Note: I think the word you were looking for was "servitor" rather than "servient", but I may be wrong on the terminology.

Alright thanks guys that was all very helpful. And yes servitor servient whatever lol. Anyways i am ready to begin making a tulpa.

Where do i begin? Shoul i find a.nice quiet area and close my eyes and meditate on it? Tips on beginning is what i would like now.

Love for you is not a personality trait, and forcing it upon her will not work at all. It would probably upset the tulpa if she was forced to love you. (and it would be very hard for you to actually force her to love you). The best thing you could do is just create the tulpa without forcing her to feel a certain way towards you, a lot of tulpas develop a strong bond to their host because they have a very intimate relationship. Slow to anger fine, but don't force her to love you.

This does make sense. It's kinda like the whole ethics of love-spells in fantasy stories: At what point does it stop being coaxing a person to like you more, and become brainwashing? (Hence why most modern love-spells and potions are more about attracting love in general, rather than making one particular person fall in love with you.).

I admit, I did include a loving attitude in when I was creating Deortabe, but I didn't state or imply that it was specifically unconditional love for me in particular. It was more that she would be an affectionate, loving creature in general, towards any creature or person she interacts with.

[align=center]Host: Mike "Redback"

Tulpa name: Deortabe

Appearance: Female deer with glittery hooves.

Begun: 04/09/14

Progress: Basic appearance starting to take shape, possible first signs of sentience.[/align]

Alright thanks guys that was all very helpful. And yes servitor servient whatever lol. Anyways i am ready to begin making a tulpa.

Where do i begin? Shoul i find a.nice quiet area and close my eyes and meditate on it? Tips on beginning is what i would like now.

It's really up to you how you go about the creation process. Being in a quiet place, keeping your eyes closed, and meditating are all helpful for focusing on forcing, though none of those things are necessary. It's up to you whether or not that's what you want to do.

I was reading all about Tulpa in the Guides and other sources, and one day Jess just showed up (though I wasn't sure of her name for a few days). I still don't feel like I created her--more like I found myself sensing her presence. Weird.

I was going to make a comment on the personality phase. In my opinion it takes far too long and isn't necessary. The traits you described will likely be a given. Love and loyalty to their hosts is within their nature and they won't get angry unless you abuse them. And as for the switching, if you just say you don't want to they'll listen. But I don't know why you wouldn't want to, you can easily grab control back and they cant grab control of you without permission, plus while switching you become a tulpa, it sounds great, though I've yet to achieve it. I find it best to skip the personality stage, either way it's the trait that's least likely to be the way you forced it.