Ways to tell if sentient

Neon_Spark

I've been thinking that my tulpa Neon has been sentient for months now but I have no concrete evidence, can anyone tell my how I can find out easily? Just to note I don't do parroting but I do puppeting, to help with development.

I sometimes think I hear him but it's usually sounds like a random stupid thought, but I have been questioning if it is him or not. (It shouldn't be him since I made him quite smart and good hearted but childish.)

I have also been getting increasingly worse headaches every time I tulpaforce with Neon. I really want to know if he is sentient but it's just really hard to tell...

Tulpae

Neon(Anthro): Working on... Something...

Mine has told me he was sentient, and then told me he was not. So I don't think sentience comes all at once. If he wasn't sentient, I don't think he would even know to tell me. I get an internal dialogue with him, but honestly it feels like I'm talking with myself.

I don't get headaches, but 2nd day I had mental exhaustion. Sometimes I get nauseated when I tulpaforce with Chance.

You could get a pendulum and learn to dowse for yes/no answers. The pendulum is controlled by your subconscious, so it would give an indication. There are I'm sure plenty of videos on YouTube about how to pendulum dowse.

Otherwise I just ask him, and I get a faint yes. My pendulum also says yes now. Now that he's sentient, I have a greater responsibility to care for him. He is helping me with his form as well.

Chance, an anthro husky, wolf or fox.

Birthdate September 20, 2014.

Sentient October 1, 2014.

Mine has told me he was sentient, and then told me he was not.

Well my tulpa can't exactly tell me if he is or not since he can't talk to me. (Or I can't hear him, something like that.)

You could get a pendulum and learn to dowse for yes/no answers.

As for the pendulum dousing, I don't know if I even know if I have the stuff for that. (I likely have paper, pens and string, but probably not a pendulum. Is there an alternative object?)

Tulpae

Neon(Anthro): Working on... Something...

Is there an alternative object?)

Anything with a bit of weight should work. A couple metal washers or a bolt nut should work. Otherwise a piece of cellophane wrapped over some coins should even work.

"The way is in training."

- Miyamoto Musashi

Guest amber5885

The best answer is you'll know.

I knew Toby was sentient the day he took me into a room with a cherry tree in it. Since then it's just been a case of you know when you know. There isn't a diffinitive test, it would honestly be easier if their was.

When your tulpa begins communicatin with you on a regular basis look for things that are out of the ordinary. Response that feel alien or not what you would have expected. Ask them to suprise you and see what they do.

Telling whether your tulpa is sentient or not is easy. If it's not easy to tell, they're probably not sentient. You never doubt the sentience of people around you, right? If your tulpa is sentient, you'll have no reason to doubt their sentience. That's the safest way to go by, in my opinion. Sure, they might be sentient before the point where you can actually verify it, but what's the point in worrying about something you can't verify? Instead of focusing on confirming their sentience, it's probably better to focus on developing it instead. It'll come eventually.

You speak of sentience as if it were black and white. It's not, it's green. It's not just 'click' and the tulpa is sentient, though maybe that happened for some. For others, it's a growing progress. The tulpa may be partially sentient one day, then a bit more the next, and then take a step backwards. It's not a straightforward process, it's a rollercoaster of ups and downs. Their sentience may seem to vary, but once they're fully sentient, you won't be asking whether or not they're sentient because you'll know.

Guest amber5885

It's different for everyone. Mine took about a month. Some can take a few days some can take a few weeks or months. It all depends on the person, the tulpa, how much time you put into it and all that jazz. Lots of factors.