Ways to tell if sentient

Neon_Spark

That makes sense amber. He never said "I don't want to be sentient". The intrusive thought just crossed my mind a few times to explain why he's still not fully sentient. I'm glad he wants to be. He has confirmed it with me in mindspeak.

Chance, an anthro husky, wolf or fox.

Birthdate September 20, 2014.

Sentient October 1, 2014.

Guest amber5885

It will become easier to distinguish between him and you over time.

He's Probobly not sentient because you've only been at it 9 days. It takes time. It can be a long process but it's worth it just don't give up or get impatient.

I don't think you can "not want" to become sentient. I think if you are already able to determine whether or not you want something you would likely already be sentient.

Host: Sakura

Tulpa: Sarah (began June 5th, 2014), Alyx (Began July 23rd, 2014)

Our shared tumblr

note: usually browsing on mobile, so cannot quote properly

Guest amber5885

Sakuras post got me thinking. Sentience isn't an all in kind of thing. You don't just wake up one day with a fully vocal an sentient tulpa.

It's like a kid learning to talk they don't just start using complete sentences one day. The first time Toby talked to me it was one word. One.

Then a few more, and a few more and soon enough he was finally making full sentences but he was still only confirming what I had said. Over time, and I mean weeks he began to come up with thoughts of his own and opinions and ideas.

It was a process and it took a while for me I figure out if he was sentient or not even after he started talking.

It really is a step by step thing.

He also had this problem in the beginning where I I would ask a hard question my head would freaking hurt. Like I could feel him straining to answer and it took a while for that to stop too.

Let your tulpa posess you. Tell him that it is okay for them to control you, and relax. Worked for me. :D It is most likely a proof that your tulpa is sentient.

~Amicitiae nostrae memoriam spero sempiternam fore~

Guest amber5885

^ bad plan. Possession isn't a toy nor is it proof of sentience

Plus most if not almost all tulpas won be capable of possession at an early stage. That takes practice.