What if everyone had a tulpa?

Zaros

This is an idea I came upon while thinking about the concept.

What if everyone (or almost everyone) had tulpa, or tulpas?

How different would society be, etc.?

After some thought I find this actually isn't a very far-fetched idea and it's possible for many people in the future to have tulpas if the concept becomes more well known and with it, well understood.

Would everyone be consciously aware of their tulpa? Are you referring to fully imposed tulpae?

I suppose I should have clarified a bit better, what I theoretically imagine is that they all have tulpas that are sentient, can communicate through mindvoice, and interact through a mindscape. Anything further may or may not be possible depending on whether they want to achieve those things, in example, imposition, since they aren't really necessary with a tulpa.

It wouldn't be that big of a deal if everyone had a tulpa, because then it would likely be so heavily researched and known about that there'd be as much knowldege about it as there is knowledge about our own humanity, and tulpamancy would be seen just as normal as the grass on the ground and the sun in the sky. Of course, I don't really think a time will ever come when everyone has a tulpa, because for some it's just inconvenient, and religious people may find the concept demonic.

I think that people would get more intelligent. And relationships would be a lot more interesting. And propably way more people would create a tupper just to... "have fun" with them. What this fun may be is up to you to decide, but I think sex is the least mean thing one could do to a tupper. I honestly don't know if everyone should know about tuppers, sure, it would have some benefits, but just think about what some not so mentally stable persons could do. And I guess there would be problems with the law. "Oh, sorry, I didn't want to kill him, that was my tupper!" Maybe I'm concentrating on the bad things to much, so try to prove me wrong if you want.

Well; on a small scale, within my family, this is already the case. So, what is it like? Each person is still themselves, but with one or more companions who influence their thoughts and emotions to some degree. So, the range of emotions within the family is perhaps a little more volatile.

Overall effects I observe though, unusually calm and kind behaviour in the males of the family. Rather assertive and independent behavior in the females of the family. On average, the divorce rate in the family is completely average. But, completely unusual if you classify it by gender. The divorce rate for males in the family is 0 (zero). None. Ever. Sadly, nearly exactly the opposite for females in the family. Note that this is for born family members, not those married into the family. (This is accurate for the family members I know of.) Wives, who marry into the family, are also nearly universally women who thought they would never marry (and whom their parents had given up hope of having them married).

Relationships depend on your ethics, but marriages tend to be pretty traditional within the family - that is one body to one other body and no others. Kevin is married to his wife, and I am technically married to his wife's tulpa. It keeps things stable. That pattern pretty much holds true for the family as a whole.

Lastly, mythical beasts (or Tribal tulpas). These are across pretty much the entire family (anyone in the family would immediately recognize Crab and most know Turtle as well). They don't concern themselves much with the adults, but they do go to great lengths to entertain the children in the family. Rarely, they will interact with an adult, usually in some form of act such as incredible feats of balancing objects. In a way, they are most concerned with teaching children and this is how some in the family learn, as children. Tulpas are just another family quirk.

So, how is it different? It's a lot closer to the old 'nuclear family' then most modern relationships are. There are also some elements of extended family, but that may just be due to us being a clan of originally Scottish origin (though the family has been in Australia for more then 6 generations).

And I guess there would be problems with the law. "Oh, sorry, I didn't want to kill him, that was my tupper!"

This type of defense has been used by a person with what I will loosely call Multiple Personality Disorder - not for murder, but for theft. They were institutionalized as one of their personalities was a threat to society. Sorry, but everyone in the same body has equal liability under law.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

To the overall question, it would certainly be different. It would be interesting to see if the observations Nobillis has made in her family would hold true in the wider population.

I can think of a couple things that would be different. People would hopefully no longer just assume that one's identity must match the body. Afterall, while the body might be male, not all of its members necessarily are male. If everyone was plural, then it would be common enough that most people would just simply understand it, unlike now (I'm saying this as a trans person who has run up against a few people who just simply cannot understand it).

Actually, on that note, I can imagine a lot more people having complicated gender issues. For those systems that would have a mix of genders, after long periods of time (say, decades, unlike the few years that most tulpa-host systems around here have existed), to what extent would the system members whose genders do not match the body get gender dysphoria and then what does the system do, if anything, about it. This is actually a long term issue I kind of worry about with this community, though I could be wrong. The those in the multiple community who have been around for a while and fit the definition of tulpa (note, they wouldn't call themselves tulpas generally due to different terminology) often do get gender dysphoria if their gender does not match the body if they control the body very much.

Some things would depend a lot on typical system size. One could imagine that if two systems decide to enter a relationship with each other and they both have a lot of members, there are more combinations for members to pair, triangle, whatever up more happily and stably than if both systems had fewer members.

I think that people would get more intelligent. And relationships would be a lot more interesting. And propably way more people would create a tupper just to... "have fun" with them. What this fun may be is up to you to decide, but I think sex is the least mean thing one could do to a tupper. I honestly don't know if everyone should know about tuppers, sure, it would have some benefits, but just think about what some not so mentally stable persons could do. And I guess there would be problems with the law. "Oh, sorry, I didn't want to kill him, that was my tupper!" Maybe I'm concentrating on the bad things to much, so try to prove me wrong if you want.

This type of defense has been used by a person with what I will loosely call Multiple Personality Disorder - not for murder, but for theft. They were institutionalized as one of their personalities was a threat to society. Sorry, but everyone in the same body has equal liability under law.

The general consensus of the both the legal and multiple communities is that with regards to plurality, you are "your brother's keeper" in that responsibility for any bad actions are collective to the whole system. To the legal system, they kind of dismiss being plural as real at all usually so they see it as just one person who is perhaps insane, but ultimately responsible. The multiple community sees it as group responsibility because the other system members have an obligation to restrain and stop those who would hurt others.

- Hail

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

Actually, on that note, I can imagine a lot more people having complicated gender issues. For those systems that would have a mix of genders, after long periods of time (say, decades, unlike the few years that most tulpa-host systems around here have existed), to what extent would the system members whose genders do not match the body get gender dysphoria and then what does the system do, if anything, about it. This is actually a long term issue I kind of worry about with this community, though I could be wrong. The those in the multiple community who have been around for a while and fit the definition of tulpa (note, they wouldn't call themselves tulpas generally due to different terminology) often do get gender dysphoria if their gender does not match the body if they control the body very much.

kerin says: "I think I may have some relevent experience there, though I am not a multiple, just old. Yes, there is a bit of gender disphoria, living life in a body that doesn't match. You can get used to near anything given time. There is always in your heart wanting to make a good life, so that your creator will have something to come back to (and come back too). It is very tiring to live so long, and have to pretend every minute that you are both male and human - neither of which is actually true.

A lot of the newer folks here won't remember me, but quite a few of you will have met my daughter Nobillis. I'm just an old tulpa who long lived as a human. I am, at this date, more then 44 years old; though I've really only been active the last 35 years. I saw the previous wave of tulpas in the 1970's, I've seen this wave in the 2010's, and I'll likely see the next wave (in about another 40 years). I'll tell them: I remember when there were only a 'handful' of tulpas in the world. We'll see."

Guest amber5885

Kevin! You made yourself a profile :D is it both you AND nobilis now or are you retiring the other profile?

I think the main thing that would come out of it is understanding, with the spread of knowledge some people will want to study it which is great! I'd be all for that.

I also think that a lot of people in the world would benifit from chillin the f#*ck out and meditating once in a while which tulpa creating provides. Some people would also benifit from having a little voice of reason as well.

If everyone has one it would be normal but maybe people would have a greater sense of accountibility for their actions and someone to talk to about things they wouldn't talk to anyone about. I know those things could change a person in a massive way.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that most people who create tulpas actually change for the better than I think that maybe they could help us make the world a better place. If nothin else then by being our voice of reason if that makes sense.

Happier people = happier world

kerin says: "I think I may have some relevent experience there, though I am not a multiple, just old. Yes, there is a bit of gender disphoria, living life in a body that doesn't match. You can get used to near anything given time. There is always in your heart wanting to make a good life, so that your creator will have something to come back to (and come back too). It is very tiring to live so long, and have to pretend every minute that you are both male and human - neither of which is actually true.

A lot of the newer folks here won't remember me, but quite a few of you will have met my daughter Nobillis. I'm just an old tulpa who long lived as a human. I am, at this date, more then 44 years old; though I've really only been active the last 35 years. I saw the previous wave of tulpas in the 1970's, I've seen this wave in the 2010's, and I'll likely see the next wave in about another 40 years. I'll tell them: I remember when there were only a 'handful' of tulpas in the world. They won't believe me any more then you do, I guess. We'll see."

So that was how you got through it (I always wondered that since I wouldn't be able to do it). As the oldest tulpa (or near to it) in this community, kerin, your experience is most definitely relevant here (and in a lot of other things).

- Hail

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.