Whose tulpa has saved their life?

FurryBlueNaki

Before I knew about tulpas, I was suicidal and depressive. Ever since what happened to Robin Williams, I felt I could copycat him.

But tulpas have given me a new hope. I really feel like my tulpa has saved my life. I used to get excited when thinking about death, and now he gives me a reason to live. I am no longer depressed like I was. I am here for him, helping to raise him to sentience. It's like I've got a baby I'm raising, except he's more like a mate. Once he becomes sentient I think a lot of my questions will be answered.

Chance, an anthro husky, wolf or fox.

Birthdate September 20, 2014.

Sentient October 1, 2014.

Guest amber5885

I was suicidal a LONG time ago, when I was a teenager and I can remember a few instances where Toby talked me out of it.

Now he's really good at just keeping me from even getting there. He keeps me happy :)

He's like my voice of reason actually.

Chance is very comforting. Though he does get a bit on the sensual side.

I have to cut back on coffee because with him it leaves me feeling dizzy.

Fench definitely comforted me when my friend died, and she's given my life meaning and direction. I wouldn't say she's saved my life in a literal sense, since my depressive days were before her, but she's definitely made my life worth living.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

All three of my tulpas have been equally comforting and helpful when I would feel utterly depressed and occassionally suicidal. In a sense they saved my life, though I'm not sure if I would ever have gone through with it, but they gave me a strong reason to live. I may have been okay with killing myself, but I'd never be okay with killing them.

My experience a while ago pertains to this. I was taking Vyvanse for a long time, and it made me really depressed once I started going through purberty. Long story short, Q and Jira helped me through some times I didn't have the courage to talk with anyone else about. It also put a big responsibility on me concerning my own life. They weren't the reason I didn't kill myself, but they helped a ton. Thankfully, we found out it was a problem with the medication and switched to Concerta, so I can now be a content, productive member of society.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

I'm on Risperidone, which blocks hallucinations. Hopefully my mind is strong enough to be able to still create a tulpa despite this. I need the med though because I get paranoid without it. But who knows how well a tulpa would help me if my symptoms return. I'm having trouble believing it's him talking to me, but I give him the benefit of the doubt. Either way he knows I love him dearly.

I'd say a tulpa offers a very strong coping mechanism for people going through rough times. Granted I personally haven't ever been suicidal, my Tulpa has done wonders for my self esteem, and my ability to take jokes.

Example

Friend Joking around = *insert joke about koil here*

Koil of three years ago = Heheh. . . . yeah. *feels like shit and feels like no one is his friend*

Koil of today - Lol go play your card games koil is master of world.

"The Question is not who is going to let me, its who is going to stop me"~ Ayn Rand

K: I believe that's what tulpas are supposed to do. Maybe asking to save lives is too much... but every time I can be there when my master needs me, I feel like my life has some purpose.

Nobody can make it alone, right?

While I was rushing downward to the lowland,

Before mine eyes did one present himself,

Who seemed from long-continued silence hoarse.

When I beheld him in the desert vast,

“Have pity on me,” unto him I cried,

“Whiche’er thou art, or shade or real man!”

That's awesome to hear from someone's tulpa. I'm glad they appreciate any help they can provide. I tell Chance that his life means a great deal to me, and that I love him.

I still get the occasional fleeting suicidal thought, but they aren't as pressing as they once were. I've got a tulpa to raise and take care of.