What led you here?

FurryBlueNaki

There was a Reddit thread where a girl explained having a persistent hallucination of a boy. Some of the comments mentioned it might be a tulpa. I was curious so I started looking things up.

Host: Sakura

Tulpa: Sarah (began June 5th, 2014), Alyx (Began July 23rd, 2014)

Our shared tumblr

note: usually browsing on mobile, so cannot quote properly

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4chan. Someone posted a link to Mythos and Raina's dropbox/blog, after reading i must have found a link here.

"The way is in training."

- Miyamoto Musashi

I listen to mrcreepypasta on youtube to fall asleep(yeah, I'm weird but he has a soothing voice :P) and there was a story on tulpas. It was the general "I MADE A TULPA AND IT KILLED ME" scary story but it caught my attention so I looked it up and found this :P(more specifically I found kiadaj's guide to tulpas; found it really helpful, so thanks kiadaj if you're reading this)

Markus is the tulpa, and I don't really have anything else to say.

Markus speaks in Blue!

kiadaj

Why does everyone forget the 'h'?

I also found out about tulpas from the creepypasta. Back when I still had a Facebook, a popular page that I followed posted a link to it - intrigued, I googled "tulpa", and ended up here.

I sometimes wonder if one of the people who joined the same day as me did so because of the same page.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Yup, a very good friend from school told me about tulpas and also about his. I was actually the first person he told, and I didn't even know different thought forms existed. I'm still quite touched that he trusted me that much. I guess when it comes to new things like that I'm quite open minded. I also owe him a lot, as I doubt I would have known about tulpas, and (not to sound soppy) got the best friend a guy could ask for.

Part of the road to becoming a better person lies in defeating the darkness inside yourself, then helping others to do the same.

There is nothing to compare to watching a sunrise with those who you love the most.

"Step by step, moment by moment"

Apparently my mind created a few tulpas over the course of a few years on its own, and one day when I was talking about one to a friend they said it "Sounds like a tulpa", and linked me here. Not sure how they found it. Very glad I eventually found out about them though, it's really helped me organize and focus my thoughts concerning mine.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Friend informed me of tulpas, a quick google search brought me here.

Same. I was in school, my friend started talking about it with one of his friends, and I asked "Dafuq you talkin bout?" Then he told me what he told his friend, and I was like "Cool," and when I got home, I searched it on Google, which brought me here.

"Don't listen to friends when the friend inside you says 'Do this.'" -Gandhi

Tulpa Name: Ellie

Created: 11/13/13

I found out about tulpas by stumbling across Encyclopedia Dramatica's tulpa page. A friend and I were giggling about the page and thinking "how silly, what weirdos". Later that same night my friend brought it back up after quietly reading for a while and said that having a tulpa could actually be really cool, and so we agreed that I'd be the test subject and would try making one first.

I did, then a few months later he followed along after seeing that I was having a good time with my tulpa and didn't feel like I was just wasting my time.

The lesson? There really is no such thing as bad publicity, I guess.

"You've got to believe to achieve." -Hank Hill