Half-formed tulpa from the start

geek

So I've decided to make a tulpa, why else would I be here?

Anyway, I already have a feel for her standing behind me, I feel her "essence" (for lack of a better word) there. I already have a good idea of her personality and form (a little like Merida from Brave), just not very fleshed out. I use her as my "muse" for video game and tabletop characters, who all tend to be very close to her. I can see her briefly when I do the turn around quickly trick from Fede's guide. I think she's been with me for awhile now, just more of a shadow. I want to make her more real.

A few questions I had now that you know the basics..

1. Do I need to parrot? I get a bad feeling about doing it, which I interpret to be from her.
  2. Would physical real gestures, like holding a door briefly for her, be considered forcing?
  3. I feel as though she is already making decisions about herself. What kind of exercises would I need to do to allow her to do that, imposing as little of my wants as possible?

Thanks ahead of time, I'll probably have other questions later.

[align=center]Tupla: Sara.

Progress: Just beginning.

Some emotional communication. Some visual imposing. One incoherent sentence.

Push the envelope. Watch it bend.[/align]

If you're doing it consciously then your parroting. It's not usually recommended or you could end up with a Servitor which is just like an imaginary friend. Visualize her often, and let her develop as she will.

I find sometimes I am puppeting, or thinking about how I want him to move. Usually when we give hugs. He doesn't make his own gestures yet as he's relatively new. But he is talking to me which is a good sign.

Holding a door for her might be passive forcing if you're imagining her walking through it. I'd just have my tulpa walk through walls probably.

Chance, an anthro husky, wolf or fox.

Birthdate September 20, 2014.

Sentient October 1, 2014.

If you're doing it consciously then your parroting. It's not usually recommended or you could end up with a Servitor which is just like an imaginary friend. Visualize her often, and let her develop as she will.

I find sometimes I am puppeting, or thinking about how I want him to move. Usually when we give hugs. He doesn't make his own gestures yet as he's relatively new. But he is talking to me which is a good sign.

Maybe I'm mixing up my terms, what would be the difference between puppeting and parroting?

[align=center]Tupla: Sara.

Progress: Just beginning.

Some emotional communication. Some visual imposing. One incoherent sentence.

Push the envelope. Watch it bend.[/align]

I believe parroting is talking for them, and puppeting is moving for them. If they become dependent on you they won't build sentience as far as I'm aware.

Chance, an anthro husky, wolf or fox.

Birthdate September 20, 2014.

Sentient October 1, 2014.

Guest amber5885

The other question about parroting and puppeting was answered already. Although I will add that its not something to be scared of. Try to avoid it if you can but it's not a death sentence for your tulpa. In some cases it can be helpful. I did it for a while when Toby and I were working on his voice and he turned out fine.

Holding a door isn't forcing at all but if it makes you and your tulpa happy by all means.

If you want your tulpa to develop on its own then just focus on narration and let her/him know that the decision is theirs and just continue to talk to them and spend time with them.

I would read some guides other than Fede's, because his is pretty different from the usual method most guides talk about

If you're doing it consciously then your parroting. It's not usually recommended or you could end up with a Servitor which is just like an imaginary friend [/Quote]

This is generally NOT considered to be true. A servitor is a non sentient thought form generally created to fulfill a specific task or purpose. A servitor is not a failed tulpa. Many people have used parroting and puppeting to successfully create tulpas (even though it's not a technique that I chose to use, personally.)

Host: Sakura

Tulpa: Sarah (began June 5th, 2014), Alyx (Began July 23rd, 2014)

Our shared tumblr

note: usually browsing on mobile, so cannot quote properly