Completely new and would like to know something

klinge

I have never done this before, I have read several guides, but I had a question.

Say I carried around an item, in my pocket, around my neck etc, would I be able to use that item as a link to my tulpa? I mean like when I start to visualize it and talk to it, I hold it in my hand while visualizing it and speak to it.

The reason I ask is because later on I will want to flesh it out, becoming more human and I don't know if that would prevent it. I just thought it would be a good way to passively force everyday if I constantly felt the object associated with my tulpa.

Any other advice is welcome too.

The picture is kinda related.

DNa4R8Z.jpg

Well, I wear things to remind me of my tulpas (a bracelet for each of them), but I don't feel like they are actually tied to them or anything, they are just reminders. I think wearing reminders is a pretty common thing. If you approach it with the mindset that the jewelry is a reminder and not something directly linked to the tulpa it shouldn't be a problem.

Host: Sakura

Tulpa: Sarah (began June 5th, 2014), Alyx (Began July 23rd, 2014)

Our shared tumblr

note: usually browsing on mobile, so cannot quote properly

Guest amber5885

It won't hurt your tulpa at all or hinder progress. Lots of people have bracelets or other items they carry around to remind them of their tulpa. I have a ring.

I think it's a good idea, it will help to keep your tulpa in your mind and remind you to pay atenttion to them.

Go for it

I'm waiting for my tulpa to talk to me out of the blue without me having to make effort to listen, that way I can pay attention to them without having to always remember.

Chance, an anthro husky, wolf or fox.

Birthdate September 20, 2014.

Sentient October 1, 2014.

Guest amber5885

It took me a few months to get there. That's actually a big step for your tulpa

Yeah, physical reminders are always helpful. Whether it be a necklace, bracelet, writing on your hand, or something else, it reminds that you should talk to your tupper.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

Don't get so attached to an object, or attach them to an object, that you rely on it, though. If you want to use an object, smell, taste or otherwise to bring your tulpa to mind, go ahead. But if you tie them to it rather than use it to think of them, you may limit your tulpa in the future, or at absolute worst, become so reliant on the thing that you lose it and that actually damages your relationship to your tulpa.

But don't let that scare you, the knowledge is enough that it shouldn't happen. As long as the reminder is only a reminder or enhancer to help you/your tulpa, no problem, and possibly helpful. I have a moonstone I like to associate with positive feelings or special events with Reisen, but if it were to be for example shattered, neither my tulpa nor I would be any worse off for it. That was a conscious decision on my part though, not to put too much importance in the object itself.

This may or may not work for you, but you could have the tulpa themself wear the necklace(or otherwise) as part of their general appearance. That would help you associate it with them while giving them the importance, if that makes sense.

I dunno, I think I overshot your question. Just don't want to see someone make the mistake of tying their tulpa to something perishable... You're fine.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Symbolism of all forms is a huge part of tulpamancing, and many people do it many ways. Basically, if it sounds like a good idea to you then it probably is a good idea. Nothing is going to hurt your tulpa (or the creation process) unless it's one of those obvious things (e.g., screaming at them, or otherwise emotionally harming them) OR you make it bad--that is to say, if you are utterly convinced that falling asleep while forcing will harm your tulpa, then it really might.

(But by the way, you can definitely fall asleep while forcing. It's fine. You're fine. They're fine.)

All that being said, I think that wearing a piece of jewelry, or something else like that, is a good idea. I do think that the above has a solid point about not getting too attached to an object, but so long as you don't do that then you're A-okay. :)

~ until the very end

His name is James. James says hi.