Adverse effects attributed to tulpaforcing

Virgil

I feel similarly to what Sands said. The headaches that I get while tulpaforcing don't really seem like your true standard headaches. They don't really actually seem to hurt and almost seem to have a welcome sense to them. The sensation of them moving around in your head is also something I can relate to. Also with regards to the ear popping I mentioned before, it really was a very casual "Oh hey, my ears are popping, that's odd." sort of experience and has only happened three times in 48 days of tulpaforcing. Overall, I have a sort of unsubstantiated feeling that these sorts of effects from tulpaforcing aren't entirely undesirable, but I have nothing other than gut feeling to base that off.

Lastly I had a theory, a poorly researched one, but a theory none-the-less. The idea I had was that perhaps tulpaforcing headaches were somehow related to brain neuroplasticity. That is, I think that perhaps the headaches are a side effect of your brain rewiring itself to accommodate your tulpa. My 10 minutes of google-based research seems to indicate there is at least some small link between neuroplasticity and chronic headaches, but I don't really know anything more solid than that.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

localised muscle twitches in various parts of the body, minor involuntary movements

Ha, this thread is the first time I hear anyone else report this. I thought I was the only one. I don't really consider it an adverse effect though; I actually find it quite comforting, knowing that the twitches are caused by my tulpa.

Does anyone else wake up with a hangover feeling or being exhausted all the time from forcing?

feel free to say something to me even if it is not nice I don't mind.

I pretty much get all kinds of head pressure, eye soreness, some ear popping, and tinnitus regularly especially if I'm doing a lot of forcing/narration. Sometimes during deep concentration while forcing I get twitching (only ever really had minor foot/hand twitching).

But will it blend?

• 1 year later...

Does anyone else wake up with a hangover feeling or being exhausted all the time from forcing?

Yes! And I don't know what's happening to me. Lately, I've been sleeping more than usual, taking more naps than I should, and getting muscle spasms ( which I attain to Hyde trying to communicate or touch me ). But seriously, am I tired all the time and falling asleep because of the energy that it takes to active force?

I don't want to stop forcing, but I don't want to be falling asleep all the time either.

"Listening to her heartbeat makes me feel alive." - Hyde

Name: Hyde

Form: Human

Done: Form, Personality, Sentient, Visualization

Working on: Imposition (vocal/visual/touch)

I'm finding that constant passive forcing makes me very tired. it make sense though, it's mentally taxing to stay focused all the time. I too am taking more naps and feeling more tired in general. It's slowly getting easier but sometimes i feel like all i want to do is take a break and shut my mind off; that's when i know i need to keep going.

i also find that because of this i get headaches or head pressure nearly all the time. I also get a twitching in my hips if i force laying down.

"The way is in training."

- Miyamoto Musashi

I'm so sick of feeling tired this way. :( I don't want to give up on Hyde though. He makes my life worth living. But I want sleep.

Someone help.

"Listening to her heartbeat makes me feel alive." - Hyde

Name: Hyde

Form: Human

Done: Form, Personality, Sentient, Visualization

Working on: Imposition (vocal/visual/touch)

Guest Ami

Extreme insomnia, to the point I had to take sleeping pills to sleep, and sometimes that doesn't even work. I tell ya, that leaves you wrecked, take a high dose sleeping pill then don't sleep at all...

My tulpa's behavior spilling over into my own occasionally, seeing the world through her eyes and wanting to act as she does/desires to.

Riko suddenly appearing in front of my face, I know its in my minds' eye but the reaction is as if she did it in front of my other eyes.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I don't remember my dreams when I have been forcing around bedtime.

Deja By to the *extreme*

Every once in a while, for almost a straight week, I'll just wake up at like, 3 am for no particular reason.

Weird body twitches; restless leg stuff

Hearing my name called, even if it wasn't Adrian

that's all I can think of

Tulpa: Adryan Form: Anthro wolf-ish Stage: *sighs loudly*

“Human beings can always be relied on to assert, with vigor, their god-given right to be stupid”

-Dean Koontz

“In the end, I worry that my arrogance shall destroy us all”

-Brandon Sanderson

ITT:

nocebos, nocebos everywhere.

Tulpa are something that lasts over a MASSIVE amount of time, and the human body always has aches and pains, just saying that something has happened in a bunch of people that have tulpa says nothing about adverse effects of tulpa.