Taking it Easy

FurryBlueNaki

I've learned that it's difficult to keep up a level of passion as I had when I first joined. I am therefore taking the active forcing much easier than I had before. I take it this is normal with the community. I'm taking it easier with my tulpa. My tulpa tells me he understands, but I wanted to give him everything originally. His world and he himself are much more fascinating than the ordinary world.

It might be a longer journey, but I think by doing this I can make a more steady and strong tulpa. Do others here feel they have dialed the excitement back and taking it more reasonably now? I still passively force about an hour or two a day, and actively force up to an hour a day.

I think as long as I say good morning to him he won't dissipate. He's already sentient as far as I'm aware. Just wanted to express my thoughts because I get concerned that I am not spending as much time as I used to with him.

Chance, an anthro husky, wolf or fox.

Birthdate September 20, 2014.

Sentient October 1, 2014.

Chance: It's ok, I don't mind if you spend less time with me so you don't burn out. I know you're already trying your best to make me as good as possible. We are building trust in one another, and trust takes time. Personality and form take time as well. Either way, we'll have a long life together.

You could see this as analogous to a term called power creeping, i.e., unbalance due to successive new information. Although that term would be used for games, it can be used for other circumstances, and in this case, reducing how much hype you build in treating them as sentient beings, I guess.

In a way, this angst you seem to have been going through attests how the whole development process isn’t really a Point A to Point B type of journey. There may be discrepancies, distortions, regressions, and just wanting to take a hiatus from certain things throughout the process. Some may feel this constant ebb and flow with brief spontaneities with high hopes for their companions that merely turn into passive reprieves that lead to doubt, skepticism, and the breaking point of their resilience in this can be overwhelming.

It really could be the case, as any person would contemplate on why they should build so much anticipation to something they have to rely on the anecdotes of others, and apply good faith that it must work for them (e.g. argumegum ad populum/appeal to the populace; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum ). It’s all we have for the time being, and as long as the concept behind treating them as sentient for the sake that they will be sentient (whether it (sentience) potentially just being implicit, or something beyond our cognitive grasp of this phenomenon), combined with the cluster of potentials and life assessing the whole journey has, people may have to face that challenge.

I can empathize with you with building up so much anticipation, as I used my dreams mostly as a crutch a few years back to try and make breakthroughs. It helped in the imaginative aspect of clinging onto their existence as true to me, and even considering making sacrifices for the sake of that becoming a reality to me. At some point, we’ll burn out, and even if we find ways to augment our cognition to tolerate things, and assess things faster and easier, we’re human beings; not robots with no need for emotional resilience.

In a way, maybe that cyclical progression, regression, distortions, and such seems more suitable for some then going so far and beyond to the point of making Mary Sue-esque tulpas. While our imagination grows stronger and stronger, our overall cognition and physical ability to keep up with that may be inferior to truly gain the satisfactions we want out of this, whether it’s predisposed and buried beneath, or something that suddenly interests us.

Maybe just like with life, sometimes the hardships and strife we endure contributes partially to how we validate ourselves. And if we try to follow the logic behind treating them as sentient, we’d probably make a presumption that they can have an existence where they gain experiential learning for themselves rather than having to derive solely on whatever reservoir in our mind people apply metaphorical representations of (e.g. unconscious, subconscious).

Look at Chance, and try to find something in them that you couldn’t try to find in yourself; maybe realize that if you were in their shoes having to consider the lingering doubts of their host wanting what’s best for them, you’d have to question why your life before finding out about tulpas couldn’t be rushed. It took time, it took trial-and-error, and it definitely took a lot of overcoming adversity, or even becoming a victim to some.

It really does suck having to think that time is the best medicine for everything, but with this whole phenomenon being something the community is still trying to have a cumulative knowledge on, this concern you have isn’t really that surprising. It’s still something I deal with, though from my experience, you just learn how to tolerate it, and maybe appreciate it. Because if it was the other way around, you’d be power-scaling on your expectations so much that your mind would feel like it would need to create metaphorical circumstances where you and your companion would travel universes, galaxies, or whatever just to feel that someday, you’ll have the sense of belonging you want with them.

There’s people like that, and they’ve been probably reveling in it for most of their lives because they don’t know where else to go, and it’s all they have. At least you’re aware of the impasse people may reach, but maybe you can take this as a chance to keep diving deeper and deeper and find a way to personally cope with it, since it’s probably all you can do while sustaining faith, and wait.

TL;DR:

Yeah, this concern you’re having is not really that uncommon. I’ve seen it expressed in a lot of threads, though not as direct and honest as you’re being right now. But hey, if it’s what you feel, then more power to you for being straight with that. Things like this may be a chance to show you that there’s some cases where we can’t find the perfect planning, and expect that a little faith and power can make breakthroughs just like that. Sometimes you’d have to accept the probability that experiencing strife and adversity may be essential to gaining experiential learning on how to assess this whole thing.

Not saying it’s an inherent thing we all do, since I’m sure anyone that can be frequently self-reflective of their existence from the past to now will eventually find those eureka moments in coping with questions that continually plague their psyche. Welcome to the existential angst bandwagon….ALL ABOARD!!!

Guest amber5885

Just to ease your mind a little if you go a few days without speaking with chance he won't dissipate.

Most likely dissipating or getting rid of a tulpa is a concious thing or at least it takes a lot longer than a few days.

There are times Toby and I will go a few days without talkin and all is well.

I read one account of a guy who created a tulpa to the imposition stage. He created it to look like him, and it freaked him out standing over his bed, walking behind him. It was a little distorted representation of him, and he discouraged creating them. I hope mine won't freak me out.

I wouldn't create one to look like me, as I want someone unique.

Guest amber5885

Almost 100% sure his freaked him out because it looked like him, I wouldn't worry about it, chance will Probobly be perfect

It's normal for your interest to go up and down, it happens to everyone and with everything, even more so having in mind that you seem to have been expending an enormous amount of time with your tulpa and/or tulpa related things, as long as you don't start totally neglecting him it's totally fine and reasonable to take a more stable approach.

I totally get what you are going through, I always obsess about my new interests and then it starts to dwindle, but this doesn't mean I have forgotten about Esmeralda, not at all, I passive force everyday, at first it was difficult to get used to have her there in my mind all the time but I have gotten used to it, some days it seems second nature, others I struggle a lot to focus, but she is still here and I haven't allowed myself to give up, a tulpa is like a friend, you don't need to see your friends everyday or be thinking about them all the time.

English isn't my first language and I'm not used to write in it but I'm always interested in learning, please tell me if I made a mistake or if you have any advice