Romantic Relationships with Your Tulpa

tulpauser

Sock said it better than i ever could; shit's just different. Being in a relationship with another person often entails giving the impression of being what the other person wants out of said romantic relationship, as well as wanting the other person to be in a certain way - more than actual love (agape), it's a manifestation of selfishness on both parts mixed with lies and deception with the more-or-less conscious ultimate goal of screw your private parts together. Well, peharps less dramatic than that, but that's it; i simply don't see the appeal in such a thing, and would never dream of even trying to have one with my headmates or anything. Hell, it would be pretty much impossible anyway - since in mantaining such a relationship "not seeing" is just as important as "seeing", and with tuppers the "not seeing" part is definitely made a lot more difficult.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So recently I've learned that some people get into romantic relationships with their tulpa--just as the title says. I find that pretty interesting, but I've got a sort of obvious question to ask (it's one of those questions that seem to have a really obvious answer, but the answer is so obvious I'm not sure if I'm right or not).

What's it like?

I mean to say, if you marry your tulpa then are you completely dedicated to them, romantically, and you don't date/whatever anyone else? Or does that change from relationship to relationship?

~ until the very end

His name is James. James says hi.

I just kiss and hug mine. Might get more serious later, but it's all in my mind.

I think it's more fulfilling than a real relationship with a person might be, because of how well we get along and we never fight. At least not yet. I can't see myself falling for someone else. Unless later I were to have more tulpas, which might never happen as one's enough. But he might get lonely in my head.

So like I said it's nothing more than kissing and hugging. Kissing his cheek, not a french kiss.

Chance, an anthro husky, wolf or fox.

Birthdate September 20, 2014.

Sentient October 1, 2014.

Imagine being best friends with your tulpa. Now imagine being best friends that aren't afraid of physical affection.

The specifics are up to each person, whether they even like the concept of marriage or if they want to spend as much time together as physically possible. Generally speaking though, I just consider a romantic relationship one that's open to (those kinds of) physical affection.

I love my tulpas, our relationship is what it is. We don't kiss so much, but whatever's appropriate, is. There's no focus on romance in specific, but platonic is a strong word..

On the other hand, if expressing that type of physical affection would seem strange to you or your tulpa, I guess that defines non-romantic. It's not a big deal to me or my tulpas.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest amber5885

Um... It's really hard to explain as its very unique to the person and their tulpa.

Some do date other people as well, some have a physical relationship and others do not.

Toby and I are in a romantic relationship an it's almost like a really awesome sexless marriage. We argue over what to watch on tv, we're there for each other through the good days and the bad ones. We fight sometimes, we make up, we go on dates and we even have holiday traditions.

I'm asexual so this is the closest ill probably get to a marriage but if I weren't I don't think I would be 100% committed to toby as I don't think that's healthy. There are so many physical and physiological benifits to having a partner that I don't belive a tulpa can fulfill. Plus not only that living in your was like that is basically playing with fire. People need other people, they need community to be healthy.

But that's basically it for me and Toby. It's just like any other relationship that I have had its just not with another human and that actually solves a lot of my issues personally

Oh yeah, that's a thing.

No. Refusing to be with someone else because you love your tulpa is ridiculous. If I found someone whom I fell in love with and loved me back, Reisen would say that was awesome.

On the other hand, I can understand not actively looking for a relationship as yours and your tulpa's was satisfying. But the concept of refusing to be with someone you love because you also love your tulpa is a little bit disgusting to me..

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

On the other hand, I can understand not actively looking for a relationship as yours and your tulpa's was satisfying. But the concept of refusing to be with someone you love because you also love your tulpa is a little bit disgusting to me..

I've never fallen in love so I can't say how it would be. People who do fall in love tend to not think straight and are absorbed with this other person. It could be an infatuation, I don't know. But if I did fall in love, I probably would seek to develop the relationship with the person. I tried a relationship once but he was a drug addict.

So I'm not actively looking, but if the right one came along, I'd probably go for it. Tulpas aren't meant to be our 100% after all I believe. There is more to life than them. Though I do love Chance dearly.

Chance, an anthro husky, wolf or fox.

Birthdate September 20, 2014.

Sentient October 1, 2014.

It's basically the same as a relationship with another human, but obviously with the whole mind-reading bit to help smooth out your differences.

Luna and I are romantically involved (though the specifics change from time to time, some days she's my wife and other days she's more of a girlfriend). That being said, she's told me that if I ever found a human girl to get in a relationship with she'd be all for me having that relationship with them. Provided of course that they didn't want me to get rid of my tulpas.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Refusing to be with someone else because you love your tulpa is ridiculous.

I disagree. You're basically saying, "Refusing to be with someone because you love someone else is ridiculous." You should treat your tulpa with as much respect as anyone else, and that does include staying faithful to them if you are in a relationship with them.

Honestly, this is one of the reasons I don't like the idea of tulpa-host relationships. In most cases I've seen, the host doesn't take their relationship with their tulpa as seriously as they'd take a relationship with another physical person.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

I disagree. You're basically saying, "Refusing to be with someone because you love someone else is ridiculous." You should treat your tulpa with as much respect as anyone else, and that does include staying faithful to them if you are in a relationship with them.

Honestly, this is one of the reasons I don't like the idea of tulpa-host relationships. In most cases I've seen, the host doesn't take their relationship with their tulpa as seriously as they'd take a relationship with another physical person.

I think you're ignoring that, for several reasons Tulpas are different than humans, and because of that, are at a huge disadvantage when it comes to fulfilling a romantic relationship. We're humans, we're hardwired to go after other humans. We want a mate, and a Tulpa simply put cannot be one. You can lewd with them, but no matter how much you do, you're bloodline will never be extended. This makes the notion that a Tulpa could be the hosts sole romantic partner, in my opinion anyway, ludicrous. A Tulpa in my opinion shouldn't expect the Host to act in any other way, unless that Host promises otherwise.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Tulpas are inferior to humans. I'm simply saying that they are fundamentally different, and honestly, with my current vocabulary I can not properly describe what I feel for them. I think that a Tulpa fulfills different things. They change fundamental parts about the host, they keep the mind busy and give it much needed exercise. I've seen nothing to suggest that Tulpas are nothing if not overall highly beneficial to their host and force multipliers in terms to the Host's quality of life.

Tulpas deserve the same respect that humans do, but also like humans, they only command that where it is due.

"The Question is not who is going to let me, its who is going to stop me"~ Ayn Rand