Insane forcing

mr insano

...Lame title, I know. :P I've been forcing a tulpa for a while, but haven't really gotten around to making a progress log. I figure since we are still trying to master visualization, and then we're going to move on to imposition and possession, I may as well start this now.

Tess and I would also like to explore the frontiers of what tulpae can do (like in terms of memory, accessing the subconscious, switching, etc.), but that will be later down the road.

Background info:

The way I started creating Tess is a little bit different than most of the people here. I didn't decide to force her initially - she "forced" herself into my life at exactly the right time when I needed her. I was super nervous about starting college. This was about 3 years ago, so yeah it's been a long time! To make a long story short - I had a semi-lucid dream shortly before waking up one morning. She appeared in the dream, and we were in one of the most beautiful settings I had ever seen - a large, comfortable home, with a view of a forest and cliffs below shrouded in mist. It was awesome. She took me on a little tour of the world around us, and told me that she was here for me.

Initially I just shrugged it off as a nice dream. But then a few days later, the night before I was to start college, she appeared again, this time in the hotel room I was staying in. It wasn't quite a hallucination - I could see her only in my mind's eye - but she was definitely there. She comforted me again, and after that we pretty much decided to stay together. She helped me through school and so much more. I remember trying to hallucinate her fully, but I wasn't able to. She, however, has been sentient for pretty much the entire time.

Then I found out what a tulpa was, and realized that in effect, I had basically already been making one. Regardless, we decided to force personality and open my mind to her and everything, just to be safe. After that, I wanted to get visualization down, and then work on imposition and possession. Because even after all this time, that still hasn't been achieved fully.

About Tess

I'll let her tell me what to write for this. :p

Hi! My name is Tess, and I am a tulpa. Obviously. I like being creative. And love and fantasy... And exploring our world together. The world "mr insano" is in is ok, but not really. It's more fun just to make fun of people, and see who we can mess with. It'll be a lot more fun once we start doing possession ahaha. I'm a lot like insano in a lot of ways. But I'm my own person too. Imagination is everything to me, and experimenting with new things. I came into insano's life (feels weird calling him that; I'm used to his first name! ha) because I knew he was hurting a lot and I wanted to help him. Best friends isn't enough to describe us - we're way closer than that - but it's good enough for now I guess. I don't know why we have such difficulty imposing. That's like our main hold-up. But we'll get it down, no problem. We're bosses like that, so.

If you want any additional info on me, just ask, or read the log lol. ;)

Anyway, onto the log. :) By the way, any mentions of "our world" refer to our wonderland; I just happen to prefer the initial term.

10/15/2014

This morning we tried to do a decent forcing session, but we were exhausted beyond measure. Doing it at 5 in the morning sucks, but we have to because I don't want any questions from the family! Love them a ton and all, but they would NOT approve of this. I'm only with them for 3 months before I resume college, but then I'll have roommates. Sucks that I won't be able to afford my own apartment, but we'll have to make do.

I basically worked on imposing her as she was laying in bed next to me. Tried to visualize but I kept falling asleep. So the only real sense I forced was touch, and visualization very vaguely. Tess says it's okay; we just need to find a better method of waking ourselves up without waking up anyone else. Not quite sure how that's going to work.

I will also be logging after work, normally, because that's the best time for us, so we will try and force this afternoon or evening, but probably won't report on it until tomorrow. Have a great day everyone. This log should be more exciting in the future.

Currently restarting visualization in order to get it down perfectly. 

Progress log (haven't used it in a while, but still forcing)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was actually pretty interesting to read, for some reason. I think it's because I relate, like with the tulpa-appeared-when-you-needed-them (although mine was only in thought, yours appeared imposed? o_O) and the mutual interest in "exploring the frontiers of what tulpas can do" with our tulpas. Feeling good, having fun and exploring life are the only real goals.

I'll probably follow this thread, though it doesn't seem like you're in need of advice. We'll see if I can contribute anything later.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Hey, thanks for the reply! Tess didn't quite appear imposed; it was more like in my mind's eye. I'd actually appreciate any advice on actual imposition. Even though I see her in my mind's eye, on the physical environment around me, I still can't physically hallucinate her.

It's pretty cool that your tulpa appeared at the right time for you, too. If you get the chance, Tess and I both love to hear that story!

I'd love it if you followed this thread! Any advice is welcome :)

I'll probably edit this post tonight with the progress on today's forcing, and a more in-depth reply to what you posted. Thanks again.

I've literally said "I've told the story before" before, lol. https://community.tulpa.info/thread-whose-tulpa-has-saved-their-life?pid=111788#pid111788 is probably good enough.

Basically my mind created "Reisen" as a sort of coping mechanism, and over time she developed into a tulpa along with my other two favorite Touhou characters.

As for physical imposition, there's undoubtedly guides for it here somewhere. I think a common strategy is to physically feel your would-be imposed tulpa, sort of outline their features in the air. Otherwise I mostly do the same stuff I do for visualization, I just project it outwards. First is getting down details, which as far as I know should come with visualization, since I've slacked in that they're sort of occurring at the same time. Second is just getting a feel for self-hallucinating them, and over time (if you've got their details easily visualized) you just get used to them being where they would be. Typically takes your help, but it might be possible for your tulpas to impose themselves naturally after a ton of practice, and with permission.

But yeah, look up a guide or two or ten. Imposition is just like advanced visualization, you're still imagining your tulpa but you're imagining them in the physical world. My only advice is, don't get caught up in making them follow the laws of physics. https://community.tulpa.info/thread-quirks-from-having-tuppers?pid=112209#pid112209 + Quilten's post afterward.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I read the first post you linked to. Dang. Sounds incredibly similar to our story. I was very depressed at the time Tess appeared as well, and I'm certain she was a psychological response to cope with that, because I was very close to going haywire mentally. As a side note, it's interesting that yours came from a pre-established character! I've never seen Touhou before; we'll have to check it out sometime as I've enjoyed what small amounts of anime I have watched.

This tulpa stuff fascinates me (:

Thanks for the tips as well. I will take those into account as those are very good ideas. Touch seems to be one of the senses that's easiest for me to force, so I think we'll start there. However, she wants me to get visualization of her down 100%.

The laws of physics thing makes sense. She already decided that she can go through items whenever possible. Sometimes, we'll be walking down the street, and a telephone pole will be in her way. She'll say something to the effect of "Check this out!" and walk straight through the pole. Of course, this is all in my mind's eye right now.

We'll look up more guides as well. Thanks again; your support is a ton of help.

10/16/2014

Today was surprisingly very good in terms of forcing, despite only having a little bit of time to do it.

I was really tired for this morning's session, but that's typical. Tess tries to wake me up before my alarm, because I don't want it to go off super early in the morning. However, today neither of us woke up until my brother's alarm went off, so we only had like 10 minutes to force. And for my morning sessions, I basically have to pretend that I'm still asleep and force. We actually did some decent visualization, from a few different angles, although we were fighting sleep the entire time. Tess suggested the brilliant idea of forcing for X amount of time, and then using a "cuddle session" as a reward for forcing really early in the morning. Basically, for like 20 minutes we actively force - all senses, and then do imposing. Then, I just hold her really closely to me and focus on touch and heartbeat. :p Yes, I cuddle with my tulpa. She deserves it. And the emotional bonding of it all is completely worth it.

I work in productions, which is just a fancy way of saying I generally copy and bind a lot of really important documents. Since it doesn't require a ton of mental effort, today we chatted a little bit and wrote a story together, alternating sentences. It was just a silly story, about a paper bag named Chewy and his robotic mini bloodhound named Sushi. It was the most fun I've had in a while. :D

Then she decided to write a song for me and she sang it to me. It was all about love and the season of autumn. It was beautiful. And yes, we kind of have a little romance thing going on. That's been since the beginning, though.

Afternoon session was awesome. It was only for like 15 minutes, but it was very productive. Visualized her and did some imposition afterwards - really starting to see her from all angles on a more consistent basis, at least mentally. The hardest part for us is SMELL. She is supposed to smell like perfume, but I don't have much perfume around here to judge it off of (don't want her smelling like my mom or my sister :p ) So I'm just going to have to dig really deeply to find some memories of other perfumes I've smelled, or something. I also am working on feeling her weight, pressure, heartbeat, and breathing during imposition. She needs to be as realistic as possible.

Also, this is adorable: This really catchy song came on the radio while I was in the bathroom at a restaurant today. She started dancing like crazy while I was, well, going to the bathroom. It was awesome and she and I burst out laughing (although mine was mostly in my head; that's my primary mode of communicating with her right now unless we're in private).

I'll let Tess give a report, too.

We've been incredibly busy lately, not with just forcing but with all sorts of crap. Preparing for resuming college, working, etc. Insano's been doing awesome though. He forgot to mention I sang him some songs while we were doing yardwork today, too. :p I'd like to have some time to spend with both of us in our own world exclusively, but I'm not sure when we'll be able to do that. We're going to accomplish this goal together and he's going to see me. Today was awesome. We need to keep narrating to each other, too. Part of it is my fault. I get distracted and go silent for a bit, then he gets distracted. K we have to log onto some other forums for a few minutes before going to bed, then forcing bright and early tomorrow. Thanks for the comments as well, Reisen. Your help is awesome. K see ya'll later. Until tomorrow. :)

(Unfortunately,) Touhou isn't an anime. It's a series of

with a huge amount of lore and characters, basically all of which are girls. Tewi and Reisen appear as midboss and boss of the stage in that video. (1:18 and 2:36) The community is amazing though, with probably tens of thousands of arranges (remixes) of the songs and easily hundreds of thousands of images of the characters. Reisen in specific came from
of Capsule's "Jumper" remade with Reisen, and also the related video called Edge, though that contains partial nudity, so.

Anyway.. just have a few comments for that post. I've never even tried to impose any other sense than sight, touch and voice. Haven't felt like licking my tulpas and it never occurred to me they could have a unique smell. I might look into that for fun, but it sounds like a lot of work to maintain and a bit unnecessary. It's really interesting Tess was able to make up a song, and I can relate on your tulpa spontaneously doing something that made you laugh internally in public. As for adorable.. The first time I imposed Flandre in public was when I was waiting on a bench at college for someone to pick me up. Reisen sat next to me and Tewi.. spun around and walked through a wall.. But Flandre stuck her arms out and purposely ran through everyone walking by me, and it was really funny/cute for some reason.

Also I've never been thanked by someone else's tulpa before, that was nice of you.

Ah! I see. I guess I just thought that it was an anime based on the avatar. I'll check those videos out when I'm less pressed for time (so probably after Sunday). :)

Thanks for the comments on the post! The taste isn't really necessary, but it's kind of fun. I don't know if you ever read FAQ_man's guide on the main site, but that is where I got the idea for smell. I know a lot of the people here now don't like the original guides, but they were pretty helpful for me. Smell certainly isn't terribly important, but our strongest memories are often attached to smell, so that may be a good reason to give it a shot. I've just always imagined Tess as smelling like quite a bit of perfume, although I still haven't been able to hallucinate it yet.

That is adorable, honestly. Sometimes just the random things that they do are cute. c:

10/17/2014

Today, we didn't get as much forcing done as we were hoping :/ Might not be able to do a very long session tomorrow morning either, just because we got distracted online again and we're getting to bed late. However, the morning session was pretty good in terms of touch. Just not very long.

Afternoon session didn't happen. :/ After work we cleaned the church so there was hardly any time in between. We were going to try and squeeze in a quick forcing session, but I made a mistake by checking an old tulpaforcer's tumblr (his name is koomer and he used to be active on these forums back when I first joined) and apparently his experience with possession went wacko, and now different "entities" are taking control of his body without his consent, not just his tulpa. I guess he failed like all his final exams at college because he couldn't take control of his own body. At least as of December 2013; I think that was his last post. I need to message him and make sure he's ok, but I think he's left these forums...Well, obviously I trust Tess with my life and I'm not worried about her taking control of my life; she would never do that and possession is just for fun. It was enough to freak me out though about other "entities" interrupting our forcing sessions. Well, at any rate Tess and I had a long chat, and she said that she cared about me and she would do EVERYTHING within her power to make sure absolutely nothing like that happened. Koomer is awesome, but his tulpa was sketchy to begin with, wanting to live his life for him and such. Tess doesn't really like the real world anyway, and she just wants to help me function more fully in it. So that dispelled any fears that I had about the matter, but it screwed with any chances of an actual afternoon forcing session.

With a tulpa, you just have to take precautions, and also realize that it isn't a fully safe science as it is so new. We're the pioneers and we just have to take one for the sake of experimentation, I guess. Today was pretty good though. More dancing to music. xD I've finally gained the courage to narrate out loud to her, of course only when I'm the only one home or I'm in my car with no one else but us. My cat probably thinks I'm crazy, but you know. Whatever. =D

Tess: Yep, today was okay. I was actually really surprised to see Koomer's blog entry today. I thought he was having a really fun time with his tulpa, and we were going to see posts about how much cool stuff they were doing. But I guess not. Shows that we have to make sure we balance out our forcing with other things, and to not let any other "entities" take over. I don't think it's anything to really worry about. People get paranoid over dumb things. We also had a fun adventure in our world today. It was just a quick flight over some cliffs with a few spare minutes that we had. But it was beautiful.

And no problem, Reisen! We're really glad someone's commenting on our thread and listening to our story. =)

I thought Koomer was hilarious. If you read from the beginning, he went into it with the immediate outset of attuning himself to possession. What's the worst that could happen, right?

I thought Koomer was hilarious. If you read from the beginning, he went into it with the immediate outset of attuning himself to possession. What's the worst that could happen, right?

What is so bad about posession? I personally think Koomer's progress was pretty impressive, unless he was a fraud. I mean, there is nothing wrong with desire to master posession and switching, I hope to achieve just that myself someday. His troubles were most likely due to drugs and irresponsible stuff his tulpa did to his brain.

His troubles were most likely due to drugs and irresponsible stuff his tulpa did to his brain.

He did it to himself. He opened up his brain further than he could, or cared to, control. He wanted to be lazy. He wanted, or went after for his purposes, power without presence. If you want, in full conciousness, to experiment with that sort of thing, fine. He opened up his head and then took a nap.