Would you like to be better at visualization? Then I want your help!

sushi

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't choose the control group life, the control group life chose me.

Anyway, great info sushi. Glad that so many participated, can't wait to see if we can get some more precise data out of this.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

Thanks Phaneron, and everyone else for your participation. The more information we get from everyone, the better we'll be able to understand this.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Took the pretest. First part of the timed test was easy and took less than 20 sec. I seriously struggled with the abstract reasoning portion of it, and I'm relatively certain I missed at least one of them. Weakness in abstract reasoning runs In My family it seems.

I'll also be in the control group. I passive force nearly 24/7 so I'm working on sort of passive imposition if you will. So, I'll have many hours of low concentration imposition practice.

"Stress makes you bald, but it’s stressful to avoid stress, so you end up stressed out anyway, so in the end there’s nothing you can do." - Gintoki

~~~~~~

Tulpa: Hanako

Well, I linked to this test on a few other forums around the internet, so we might be getting some more data soon.

Talking about it elsewhere gave me some ideas. If there's anyone who isn't working on visualization for the next month, but wants to participate, I'd be interested in the results of people who play chess, n-back or Tetris for at least five minutes a day, or spend the month learning to draw.

I'd be interested in the results of people who play chess, n-back or Tetris for at least five minutes a day, or spend the month learning to draw.

It's actually a great idea! I believe, JD wrote something about Tetris in his visualisation guide? I can do it. Oh, and funny enough, I've actually started to learning how to draw recently, so I'll report in a month. Anyway, I didn't work with the visualisation guide mentioned in the OP regularly, to be honest. So, I guess I can be your test bunny!

May the Force be with you

I took the test in mid-November but I started quite a few different training methods since then. Might be difficult to relate any possible improvements to a certain one. We'll see how this turns out, right now I'm terrible in abstract reasoning and especially in rotating bodies in my mind.

Thanks Hermit. I'll be interested to see your results.

Rail, you don't have to follow any particular guide. Follow any guide you like, or no guide at all. Play Tetris or chess all month if you like. It's entirely flexible.