Creating the Perfect Beings: Yumi<3 and Lillium<3

Cinemaphobe

I believe you'll be given the option to move this thread to the Lounge, or possibly to a blog forum if people listen to my suggestion. But this doesn't need to be the end of this thread.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly Farewell

Damnit, I had a feeling this would happen.

I'm tired, and I doubt that any of the above mini-paragraphs made sense, so I'll sum it up. I'm going through a philosophical transition for the better which is preventing progress with Yumi and Lillium, I hate where this forum is going which is preventing me from wanting to document my tulpa journey, and this might be my last post for either a long time, or forever.

Like Sushi said, it doesn't have to be the end of the thread.

I do want to stay in contact with everybody here though, so feel free to PM me, I'll still lurk the forum and check my messages from time to time, but I'm taking a break from this forum until it truly improves. Wish me luck on my journey guys.

Good luck, and

"It's all about synthesis, you don't have to be a real musician. You just synthesize your own reality, synthesize your own talents." -Klayton

My Three Mind Horses

Haven: Tulpa #1

Created on 10-28-14

Aphelion: Tulpa #2

Created on 2-25-15 

Chimera: Self Proclaimed Thoughtform

Created on: Can't remember. Sometime around Easter of 2017.

Warning: I am a huge nerd.

But I'm fighting for your right to post here, and everyone elses'. Also what's the point of leaving because the thread "might be deleted"? (Which it won't, moved at worst) That doesn't make sense, it's pride over logic. Leaving when there's a possibility of losing progress is a neutral/lose scenario. Also you're not losing progress, I just like to act like having the PRs moved to Lounge is equivalent to them being deleted, because offended people will leave. But we'll cross that path when we get there. Leaving does literally nothing positive for you or your followers.

As for thoughts of death, I've probably talked about this before, but why bother? Death is irrelevant to the life of a human. Literally. Unless you're thinking about "The possibility of things being removed from my reality", in which case the productive thing to do is to think about how to prevent it, not the nature of it. As someone who isn't terribly affected by death, I guess that makes it all but irrelevant to my life, huh? That sounds about ideal.

And I don't like your use of the term "the decaying forum". I think you've been biased by the negative comments you've been reading. Either 1, you think the forum is becoming less qualitative, but the forum isn't really becoming different than it already was, you're just being convinced to look at it differently by negative people who don't share my opinion that it's fine; or 2, you had a problem with the forum before now, thinking it's become less productive and more redundant than it used to be, again influenced by the recent negative comments that again I believe are purely opinion not fact, to which I say I've actually seen a decent amount of qualitative posts the last few days. We the members have the power to improve the community, only complaining about (or leaving) it doesn't help. Plus anyone who leaves will be leaving me here to improve things alone, because I'm not ever leaving.

Your progress report isn't the most off topic, it's the most interesting. Pessimism versus optimism, you've been reading too much bad and not enough good. And thoughts are predictive, because they consciously and unconsciously affect how you affect the world. Take, for example, you leaving the forum and calling it "decaying" versus you encouraging others to be more constructive as we help make the site a better place. The mindset of the community has a massive influence on what the forum becomes, and I'd prefer if you guys were constructive rather than destructive. My tulpas and I will be here to make sure at least one person always is, so you can count on that if it helps. And the more the merrier.

You don't have to feel obligated to post when there's nothing to post about, you can take a break whenever you want. But there's no reason to leave, and a lot of people want to see you stay. And if you can't get your thoughts in order, that's all the more reason to stay around people who can help you do so; leaving never helps. Leaving means you no longer have outside thoughts to affect yours, and you're obviously not in a good place if you want to leave in the first place.

Typity type type. That's the gist of my appeal to you and anyone else who's been discouraged by the Critique thread. Don't let others get you so down. Be the difference you want to see in the world community. Don't just abandon it, because then stubborn people like me who don't have more work to do to preserve it for the rest.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Triple ditto.

"It's all about synthesis, you don't have to be a real musician. You just synthesize your own reality, synthesize your own talents." -Klayton

My Three Mind Horses

Haven: Tulpa #1

Created on 10-28-14

Aphelion: Tulpa #2

Created on 2-25-15 

Chimera: Self Proclaimed Thoughtform

Created on: Can't remember. Sometime around Easter of 2017.

Warning: I am a huge nerd.

Reisen sez:

...a lot of people want to see you stay.

▲This, so much this.

If you think about it, probably most of our interactions with our thoughtmates are influenced by our interactions with the waking world - to try to separate the two makes no sense at all, so a lot of the 'off-topic' stuff is really on-topic. Post with gusto, I say!

Rei: more than a tulpa-she's a crisis counselor, an art therapist, a dietician, a relationship coach, a team morale expert, an athlete, an adventurer, a hawt wife, an incredible lover, an amazing mom, my best friend.

Tove: she's not a little tigress anymore! She's still the go-to gal for soccer advice and creative inspiration, especially monster design and all things cinematic...congrats on your engagement!