I think my tulpa talked to me for the first time

Jarklor

I was sitting there and I heard an odd voice. It sounded like a robot.

I was talking to him by saying if you wake me up during a dream then I'll believe you. The voice said "it's over." Maybe I heard it wrong. Maybe it said "it's ok." It was really cool but I'm worried that he doesn't like me or something.

Wow, that's actually pretty awesome!! I can't even Get mine to take a form... :(

How do we Ascend through the falling clouds?

Don't worry about it too much. Your tulpa is a thoughtform, that can be shaped by your thoughts and beliefs. If you start to truly believe that your tulpa doesn't like you, this belief will manifest itself in your tulpa, causing the tulpa to actually dislike you. Just keep forcing as usual, and remember that there is no definite evidence that your tulpa dislikes you yet (because you are unsure about what you heard). Believe that your friendship with your tulpa is flawless and it should remain so.

"Sanity is the playground of the unimaginative."

Yumi + Cinema

You said "^^not entirely true" which suggests that there is some truth to my statement: "If you start to truly believe that your tulpa doesn't like you, this belief will manifest itself in your tulpa, causing the tulpa to actually dislike you." but then you subsequently declare:

"Just believing that your tulpa hates you will not make your tulpa hate you." which is extremely concrete, no longer allowing room for my statement to be considered true in the slightest sense, thus contradicting yourself.

You seem very quick to disagree and label, while not considering the implications of your statements, possibly because of some degree of emotion involved in your defense (you do have a nice tulpa to defend after all). Using a percentage such as 99.9% to denote the inherently good intentions of tulpae, and then saying that the .1% who claim to have a harmful tulpa have "previous mental issues and or drug and alcohol addiction." suggests that it is absolutely impossible for a mentally stable person to have a tulpa who hates them. Instead of compensating for that extreme claim which seems completely influenced by personal belief, you didn't even specify what percentage of the .1% has mental problems or addictions predisposing them to having harmful tulpae, and what percentage doesn't have mental problems predisposing them. Instead, you say that their claims should be taken with a large grain of salt, which further indicates what you are implying:

It is impossible for a mentally stable person to have a tulpa who hates them, and if they claim that they do have one, then they should not be taken seriously.

Which further implies:

100% of tulpae are inherently good-willed.

100% is extremely accurate. Too accurate. I'd say it's a generalization, which is also a key trait of someone harboring personal belief, even if you didn't intend to make this generalization through your declarations. But do you really believe that the belief of knowing your tulpa's existence and the belief of thinking that your tulpa hates you are different? Do you really think that one belief has the ability to shape a tulpa, and another one can't? What makes beliefs different? Whether they are good or bad? It surprises me that you have studied Psychology at a college level yet you seem to overlook the power of belief. It has been proven that if you believe in something truly, your mind will make that belief a reality (only subjectively of course), regardless of its nature.

I personally am open to all possibilities, and I am aware of two facts:

1. Everyone has a different brain.

2. All beliefs have equal power and ability within the mind when they are believed in.

I can prove both of those facts through logic, and there is no denying that either claim is false. If their are any holes in the validity of those facts, please tell me. I want to be proven wrong. But the bottom line is this:

Belief alone can make a tulpa hate you, because belief is a powerful thoughtform in itself. Belief drives people to kill themselves, to kill others, and to harbor delusions. Belief is the very essence of how you experience the world around you. So saying or implying that all tulpae are inherently good-willed can't be proven, because of the aforementioned fact #1. What if a mentally stable person had subconscious feelings of self-hatred that were manifested by their tulpa? Would that person be classified as mentally unstable? Who has a morally-correct subconscious and positive subconscious anyways? You are probably subconsciously thinking of killing me. Who knows? But labeling people to prove the point that tulpae are inherently good-willed isn't a good idea.

Don't think that I'm trying to piss you off or insult you by posting this. I'm simply defending my belief that belief itself is very critical to the development of a tulpa. If you want to piss me off or make me feel bad in any way, then you won't have any luck. But if you want to prove me wrong about anything I mentioned, then you have a good chance and the right to do so. In fact, I want to be proved wrong.

"Sanity is the playground of the unimaginative."

Yumi + Cinema

Is your tulpa my tulpa? I hear "it's ok" a lot (but I think it's parroting). Sounds like you're making good progress though, looking forward to your update in the morning!

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together. <3

Poor Jarklor, he never asked for this.

What if a mentally stable person had subconscious feelings of self-hatred that were manifested by their tulpa?

Most of that post seems irrelevant without the one it's replying to, but from what I can tell you hit the nail on the head here. Beliefs aren't always conscious, rather, they're most often unconscious and we can affect them with our conscious ones. This is the concept behind invasive thoughts and such where your mind does something you consciously don't want it to. Somewhere in your mind, you do want it to, no matter how much you don't elsewhere. Like say, you can't make your point of view stop spinning while visualizing your wonderland, even though you want it to stop, some part of your brain still wants it to, or believes that it will, keep going. These are some of the hardest thoughts to control because it feels like you have no power over them.

I've tried to tell people how to solve those problems before, but it really is a hard concept to grasp: just let the thoughts go. Stop resisting them, just completely accept and put them out of your mind. Resistance only fuels the part of your mind that wants/thinks it'll keep going.

In case you didn't make the connection, this is a huge factor in tulpas acting negatively when you honestly want them to be positive. The other biggest factor is giving your control away to nothing, like believing "maybe my tulpa wants to be mean" before it's even sentient. Everything that goes on in your brain is under your control, there isn't another consciousness doing and wanting things besides your own (Though your tulpas, when sentient, can use your consciousness the same as you). But yeah, the brain-doing-exactly-what-you-don't-want-it-to thing can be a pretty big deal if you let it.

There's really no reason to think anything you don't want to ever again. Your tulpas don't want to be "mean" or any sort of harmful negative unless you want them to. They're part of you and, unless you legitimately don't like yourself(which is another textwall on its own..), any negative thoughts you have are an illusion; you can see through them if you want.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

My tulpa gives me good feeling when I force. However, I have been dealing with anxiety a lot. I'm being taken to the doctors to get a stronger medication. (The one I have now is probably just a pluceabo one) sorry about spelling.