What does parroting DO? Discuss.

Ganymede

Does it teach the tulpa how to talk, teach the host how to listen, or something else?

Does intentional and unintentional parroting have different effects?

Do the effects vary?

I think input from tulpas would be more valuable, but of course hosts can contribute too.

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together. <3

Quilten: Yeah, it does all those things you mentioned. It basically allowed me to see an example of what to do when I talk, how I should talk, what to say, et cetera. I think that intentional parroting has it's benefits over unintentional parroting due to the fact that when you know you are doing it, it allows for better improvements. You're more focused on the purpose of the endeavor. The effects do vary, from what I've seen of a lot of people's experiences. Some are good, some not as good, and rarely are they hugely problematic. It can potentially cause problems to parrot too much or whatever, but generally I improved from it. I've seen a lot of good things come from it, included in that category is me. Hope I was able to provide some insight.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

Thank you. I settled on letting unintentional parroting happen over the other way since I can't stop it.

There's obviously a problem with too much u.p. (the basis of parrotnoia), but does the same apply to i.p.?

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together. <3