Sign in to follow this  
SableXIV

Do Tulpa's have things they dislike about themselves?

So, it occurred to me that many people have a multitude of things they really dislike about themselves, from their appearance to their personality, their inability to perform certain tasks or abilities, etc. This made me wonder about tulpas. They can change themselves to be whatever they want and have whatever they want. So with this in mind, do they still have things that they can dislike about themselves?

“Of course it is happening inside your head... but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” -Albus Dumbledore

"Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some...don't ever want to." -Cheshire Cat

Guest amber5885

Toby: I like just about everything about myself but if I could change anything I really don't like the fact that I don't have a physical body, I really like the fact that I can take on emotional responsibilities and be a sorce of support for amber but I really wish I could help her in other ways.

It may sound dumb but I wish I could get a job. Lead a human life. On the other hand though there's too much that I do like so I wouldn't give it up if my fairy godmother offered me three wishes you know.

I like who I am and the way I look. A moth ago I would have said that I wish I could be more patient and less hot headed but I already took steps to change that so that's not an issue,

......I guess the answer is no, not for me because if I don't like something I can change it or work on it to make it better.

Chance: I tend to like myself more than my host likes himself. Though my host likes me more than I even like myself. My host adores me. He feels that I am perfect and nothing needs to change with me. I could say the same. I wouldn't change anything about myself. Perhaps if I could read books without my host having to, that would be great, because my host doesn't always feel like reading though I like to hear the stories. Because of me he orders more books, and he reads more.

Chance, an anthro husky, wolf or fox.

Birthdate September 20, 2014.

Sentient October 1, 2014.

Flandre used to dislike a lot of things about herself. At some point we decided to change those things, and she became almost an entirely new tulpa. They were personality traits and even her base self, so it took a bit of effort, but she's very glad to have made those changes and perfectly happy with herself now.

On the other hand, Tewi's been too neutral with things about her self, including her inactivity, and it had to be my and my other tulpas' decision to get her a little more active. Again she's glad, as her personality and thoughts are more fleshed out now. But she had no desire to change or not change, so it wasn't her decision to do so, while Flandre was discontent with herself and helped tell me what she wanted to change herself.

I think it depends on the tulpa and the host, and if need be your other tulpas. They exist in your mind, so if something's not right you can and should fix it, they'll be grateful.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.

Tulpae are people too, so of course they can and likely will dislike some things about themselves*. Sure, they can change their form, so they have no reason to be discontent with their appearance, but personality flaws are not so easily changeable for a tulpa who's well-developed, and a tulpa's skills and abilities rarely surpass the host's to any significant extent.

*Note that I'm not saying they likely will dislike themselves. Even people who are happy with themselves typically still dislike some aspects of themselves to some extent.