Shared dreams?

So, I remember this dream I had a while ago, I won't bore you with the details but I saw Prince in it and he saw me, neither of us knew it was a dream and he swears it was him. Now, I thought tulpas could only observe dreams or possibly induce lucid dreaming to enter, but Prince has his sleep cycle synced with mine so maybe we could share a dream? I'm not sure, has anyone else had this happen?

Personally, as much as you’re willing to presume he has his own sleep cycle within the confines of your mind, I’m not so sure this is the same kind of “shared dream” that has more deep metaphysical implications with consciousness and what have you. If you start questioning whether or not your tulpas are joining in your dreams, or you’re in their dreams, it becomes more of a personal thing that we can’t really resolve to give you absolute assurance.

Some people would argue that the Prince you saw was merely a projection of him that your mind fabricated with ease. Some may say that’s him for sure, and others may feel that both of you were spectating the dream version of yourselves respectively. I don’t know where you got the notion that tulpas can only observe dreams, or be some conduit for reaching lucidity, but I honestly think that kind of belief is just what the person wants to believe to avoid the confusion between opinions I mentioned above. In other words, there may be things our tulpas can do more of, but it could be just those self-imposed constraints we're probably not aware of that we set up for them to not exhibit any potential in doing much more than that.

Closing the gap on whether or not they were just a dream character, or your actual tulpa is up to you to find out. From personal experience, I’ve had several dreams with mine because there’s this odd presence I feel that’s different from other dream characters. Of course, I don’t go too much into reasoning it out, and mostly go by my emotions and gut feeling, and move on with my life with them.

There’s only so much we can try to metaphorically define with believing they’re somewhat autonomous from our own mind to be willing to feel they can share our dreams as if they were completely absolved from the same mind one may presume is rendering out their existence (this isn’t intended to objectify a tulpa’s existence, though). It may potentially lead to an infinite regress, i.e., question begging with wondering how they’re dichotomous from our own mind to have to synch with our mind to share a dream in the first place.

I share dreams with my tulpae on occasion. Whenever I see any of my tulpae in a dream, though, I make sure to ask them the next morning if they remember it so I can know if it was likely them or just a dream character that resembled them.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

Dreams are very odd. I remember exactly two dreams that Sonya was also present in. She tells me that Her brotehr and herself also have have their own dreams, but unless I'm present in them, they are blurry at best. This kind of makes sense considering Tulpas experience the same things the hosts do.

"The Question is not who is going to let me, its who is going to stop me"~ Ayn Rand

Yes, I have a feeling it was him, going back to the thing Link said about Tulpæ having a certain presence to them. I addressed him as if we had already known each other, not which isn't typical of dream characters. I also remember his part much more clearly than any other part of the drem, it stood out, vivid as a nightmare. He also acted just as Prince would if he were a normal part of society. But I guess we can't say much for sure concideering we're talking about dreams, a vague subject and it's correlation with Tulpæ, another 'in-the-dark' sort of happening.