Effects of Sleep Deprivation?

Ganymede

Last night I had two lucid dreams in 2 hours after being sleep deprived. Both times I tried to summon Zephyr but woke up from excitement. I'm not planning on experimenting with deprivation any more, but I realized I don't know the effects it can have on tulpas and I'm not sure if it was even reasonable to expect her to be able to appear in my dreams at that time.

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together. <3

I go into REM sleep a lot quicker when I'm not getting enough sleep, it seems. But I don't usually lucid dream unless I've had more sleep than on an average night. I have had a few dreams that involved my tulpa, but not too many.

Really, sleep deprivation usually just makes me fall asleep during forcing, which is never good. I also get more of a headache while forcing. So it hasn't done much for us personally. But it's not necessarily bad either, just uncomfortable.

I figure tulpae, even if they're not imposed, can appear in lucid dreams though. As long as they want to. Tess tries to appear in my dreams, and she's successful...some of the time. I'm not sure if that's the answer you were looking for, but that's my two cents.

Currently restarting visualization in order to get it down perfectly. 

Progress log (haven't used it in a while, but still forcing)

Your mind makes up for a recent lack of sleep by more readily entering REM sleep, yes. But it's more efficient to learn to lucid dream normally and do it many times rather than not sleep for a long time and do it a few.

@Insano, your REM cycles get longer throughout the night, which is why dreams just before you wake up tend to be the most vivid, or lucid. Naps are also much easier to lucid dream during, for some reason.

And yeah. Excitement is a pretty big problem in lucid dreams when you've been waiting weeks, months... years... to meet your tulpa in one. I recommend acting out lucid dream scenarios in your wonderland (visualization) until you get to a point where you have a calm plan of action once you become lucid, and meeting your tulpa(s) isn't too overly exciting.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I've experimented a lot with lucid dreaming and sleep deprivation in the past before I even knew what a tulpa was. To be honest, sleep deprivation to get hallucinations/lucid dreams is similar to doing drugs to get the same effects. Your going to glow your load once, but not get any long term results. My advice is to do research on different methods for lucid dreaming to see what works best for you (for me it's WBTB), and then work on that. This way you have a solid foundation for you mind to do this regularly.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

I haven't had a lucid dream since at least August when I started the dream journal on this computer. I've been trying to lucid dream for years, and I can count each one on two hands. Having TWO lucid dreams in one night is a HUGE deal for me. Nothing else I've tried has been significantly successful (probably due to my general sleeping problems).

Anyways, what I really wanted to know was how sleep deprivation effects tulpas themselves.

[This is Aura, Einulf's first tulpa. Sleep deprivation affects us the same as it does anyone, with symptoms like irritability and lack of concentration as the primary results. We are capable of sleeping while our host is awake though, so it is rare for us to get to that state. As for special problems for tulpas, the only one I can think of is difficulty maintaining a particular form if you haven't anchored yourself to one yet. I hope this helps.]

Current System: Ziya (Formerly Einulf), Mizan, Aura, Dark, Lucia, Rand, Jason, Akira

Here's our Tumblr, if anyone wants it

Being mentally exhausted just generally makes it hard to focus on your tulpas. I find it harder to visualize them, mindvoice communication is about all that gets accomplished.

Interesting to note too - when I've practiced (or I guess, just did) switching in the past, my tulpas were much more affected by my apparent tiredness than me. I don't even really get tired, but my tulpas have gotten to the point of barely being able to talk or think clearly, at which point we switched back for their sake. It really is strange. And I thought I lost focus on them when I was tired. We came to the conclusion that they're a lot more sensitive to more than just natural beauty - they're affected much more by feelings and sensations than I am, apparently including tiredness which I don't usually feel under normal conditions.

I like your signature quote by the way, Ganymede.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Thanks. I was worried she might not be quite as there, especially in her relatively early stages in development. Guess that isn't a problem though.