Cinemaphobe's Tulpa Journal Concept

Cinemaphobe

Question

When one creates a tulpa and a wonderland, they occasionally find themselves forgetting important but small details. The bigger the wonderland, the easier it is to overlook, or completely forget about a location or experience within it. The longer you have been tulpaforcing, the easier it is to forget about an important event in your tulpa's development. The more techniques you have tried, the easier it is to forget which one was the most effective for you.

Sure you can just re-read your PR if you want to recount your experiences, but if you have been using your PR for a long time, then you'll have to sort through hundreds of your own posts (and sometimes the posts of others) to recall important events.

I have found that to be an inconvenient method to recall experiences, so I got into the habit of documenting important events of my tulpa journey in a notebook/journal/diary (Whatever you want to call it). You can also do this virtually as well, but I personally prefer good ole' paper because paper doesn't require electricity.

The tulpa journal is used to document all things pertaining to your tulpa, your tulpaforcing methods, and your wonderland. The purpose of having this journal is to supplement your PR, but it can also be used exclusively if you wish to do so. This is more of a better and/or different way to organize a PR. Below, is a list of all things you'd possibly want to remember, and you can include these things as chapters in your tulpa journal:

Things to write down for quick and convenient recollection.

1. Information about your tulpa: Their name, personality traits (optional), appearance, what they like to do, basically anything about who they are. This is probably going to be the shortest part of the journal.

2. Information about your wonderland: Write down all locations, and all characteristics of the locations as well as what they are used for. Writing down the locations lets you expand your wonderland without forgetting about other locations over time. You can also document strictly wonderland-related anecdotes here.

3. Create separate chapters including but not limited to: Visualization, Imposition, Narration, Forcing, Possession, Switching, and Focus & Concentration. If you use paper, then make sure that each chapter has an adequate amount of blank pages for long-term usage. Of course not everyone is interested in all of the subjects mentioned, so you are more than free to exclude or include whatever. Within these chapters, you'll list what techniques benefit you for the purpose of remembering to practice them in the future, and you'll write down events relevant to the aforementioned categories. Be sure to keep the events short and sweet.

4. Within this chapter, you'll be documenting interactions with your tulpa, so you can call it whatever you want. If you are new to the tulpa phenomenon, then write down every sign your tulpa has given you that it exists. If you have a more developed tulpa, then write down quotes of what your tulpa has said, and/or any experiences/interactions you want to remember with your tulpa. Feel free to write down anything as long as it is relevant to what your tulpa has done or said to you.

5. If you still have plenty of room, then the rest of the journal can be used for anything! Artwork of your tulpa or wonderland, conversations between you and your tulpa, the results of experiments or studies, anything! Be creative for this one! Hell, you can even use the rest of it as a dream journal. The possibilities are endless.

Now I have to address some thoughts that are possibly running through your mind:

What is the point in starting a tulpa journal?

Organization, and recollection.

What happens if someone who doesn't know about the tulpa phenomenon or looks upon the tulpa phenomenon negatively finds my tulpa journal?

Well keeping secrets isn't a good thing, but the tulpa phenomenon is something that some people wouldn't exactly want to make public, unless perhaps you are a Tibetan monk. If you live with others and you need to keep your journal a secret, then make it virtual. Microsoft word, iPod notes, online document services, anything as long as it can be protected by a password/passcode. If you don't need to keep it a secret, or you prefer good ole' notebooks then use a notebook like I do.

Final note: I believe that a tulpa journal would benefit those who strive to create tulpas because it gives people the ability to remember more things, and quickly recall them. Not to mention that organization is a useful tool for accomplishing a seemingly impossible task. I also believe that having things documented about your tulpa, and creating the journal itself is an action that makes your friendship with your tulpa more intimate. How, you may ask? Because you are taking the time to make a journal for your beloved tulpa.

~Thank you.

Edited by Ranger
I resized TNR font to be a little bit bigger, I didn't change the font to respect the OP's design choice.

"Sanity is the playground of the unimaginative."

Yumi + Cinema

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well, I just heard some SUPER SECRET GAT INFO that one already said "I don't want to read this". So I'd say it is potentially something that will turn readers away.

And if it wasn't my job to basically read all of these... Yeah, I wouldn't have read it either because it's an eyesore.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

The format isn't the worst thing in the world, but yeah, it could be better. A lot of people (myself included) generally use mobile to browse here, so changing the font sizes and bold/italics is probably best.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

It's the secretest.

Actually you'll probably hear about it later if said person can actually read through this to rate it.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Approved. Looks professional, has minimal if any spelling/grammar issues and is presented pretty well, though I don't know about it being put in guides as it really isn't written like one. I'd Definitely like to see it in resources or tips and tricks, as it is quite good for what it is.

I did consider the presentation Sands. In fact I spent an hour working on presentation alone, and predicting what complaints I would receive. What you said about the bold text was something that I kind of predicted to be mentioned, but I assumed that I was in the safe zone and didn't change it. I was sleepy when I wrote this, but that is no excuse for the end result of this presentation. But what I never anticipated were complaints about the text being too large. New Times Roman has always been my favorite font, but by default it is half the size of the other fonts. To compensate for this, I made all of the text slightly larger in a way that seemed to be the default sizes of other fonts.

Once again, poor judgement on my part.

By the way, that thing about the GAT not even reading my post because of the presentation really pissed me off, and the only thing that really aggravates me more than anything is inconsideration. I worked to get this published with only the best of intentions towards helping fellow tulpa creators, and he wouldn't even read it?

There's a good chance that I'm going to regret saying this, but I'm done. I'm cutting all of my ties to this concept. If someone finds value in it, then they can take it and change it however their heart desires. But if nobody claims it as their own, then you can scrap the entire idea. I tried, I failed, but hey; I always move on. Call me melodramatic, call me irrational, but I was only trying to introduce a concept to a group of individuals who I misjudged to be open to simply reading a text. Judging a book by it's cover and not even reading it? You have got to be kidding me. I'm done, and I'm sorry for it. The shit-storm following this post won't be witnessed by me.

Farewell.

"Sanity is the playground of the unimaginative."

Yumi + Cinema

Yes, I would call you melodramatic and irrational.

If text is unredable and hurts the eyes of those who read them, I could not complain if they had a hard time wanting to read it. That's the presentation issue. If it's difficult to read and you blame others for them not wanting to read it, you're pointing the finger in the wrong direction. The real issue is the text, not those reading it. This is why choosing the right font and text size is extremely important, because if you are already turning away the people who have seen a lot of bad guides and who have to read through all of these, imagine what you will do to potential readers who need your guide.

But do what you want. Not that it matters to me all that much, it's your text. I suppose I won't be rating it then, as you are dropping it and at that point to me, it seems like you no longer care about the fate of this.

I 'said' that I didn't want to read it because of the presentation. I did read it, though. The presentation isn't that bad, although it's pretty shocking really. Times New Roman is an ugly font, at least in my opinion. Eh, you can use it if you want, but the sizing and spacing doesn't help. But I guess you know that now. But yeah, I think the content is fine, so I'd approve for Tips or Resources if you fixed the inconsistent sizing (maybe make it all smaller too) and the weird spacing. That would take it down from an eyesore to an eyeache at least.

And yes, you're melodramatic and irrational. See you August 2015 apparently.

So is that font times new roman then? It's only annoying because I'm used to reading whatever the default font on this forum is. The default is pretty easy to read, and the point of using another font is to change the overall feeling of the text you type. But maybe it's not worth it if it bugs people, in this context.

I actually thought some interesting argument happened before reading all this, but instead it was just an overreaction to a post somewhat poor in taste. This is probably more aimed at Cinema, but - you actually got some fairly positive feedback and non-aggressive criticism aside from the single comment of a single person not wanting to read this. I've seen the GAT absolutely tear apart submissions I would've shown a lot more mercy before, so I don't feel it's really fair to react how you did. (I actually thought that's what had happened - the replies I read were much nicer than I expected)

As for any real criticism on the.. guideresource(? You GAT people need to make up your mind), the spacing is my only real problem. There's too much of it. (am on a desktop with 1920x1080 res if that means anything) I'd say one less return between "Things to write down" and the list, and then only a single return between each number in the list. I could normally see up to two, but since there's only two lines for several of them(for me), and the spacing should be uniform, I'd suggest one. At the very least, not like five.. or whatever's going on between #4 and 5.

The font does seem a tiny bit smaller than default text, so I'd increase that by one.. number? if you can do that. (Surely we have more options than size=small/medium/large, like 11/12/13 right?) And those two questions, as there are only two, are a tiny bit distracting having their own colors. I'd make them the same color or remove the color/italics, or something, to help it blend. And then there's another five returns.. Two or three would suffice. Reason being, though you consider it a final/extra note, it's still very much part of the guide(??) and meant to be read, so shouldn't be so separated.

So yeah. Delete a few of the empty space lines, see if you can make the font one size bigger to help make TNR more legible, and somehow make the red/blue questions less jarring. And maybe don't take any single person's anything so personally. Apparently he did read it, just was rather harshly stating his dislike of the spacing, and in private at that. Sands didn't know that would offend you so much. Overall they were still nicer than I expected considering past posts I've read, not that that's an excuse, but maybe you could just call it even for your reaction. Really wasn't that big of a deal to leave over. I don't think anyone's feelings would've been hurt if you just called him a jerk. (His clarification "The presentation isn't that bad, although it's pretty shocking really." is much nicer, too)

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Yes, it's Times New Roman, which does have a very strange default font size on this forum, so I understand why it would end up being wonky when you try to fix it. And the uneven spaces do seem to drive someone else crazy as well, I see. Good to know I'm not the only one.

I'm certain that the font issue can be solved without changing the font, unless this font just ends up being completely impossible to read at smaller sizes. Which it doesn't seem to do considering that this guide does have some even smaller than usual text. So if the writer does end up coming back, we're not going anywhere and we're always willing to help. I just require you to actually care about your submission if you want me to care about it, too.

In the future, yeah, I think the GAT can take it if you call them jerks or something. I don't mind name calling myself at least, but I do want you to give the actual submission your all. If you don't care, then I can't bring myself to care, either.

For the rest of the GAT in case they do decide to rate this despite the author abandoning it, I gave a reason for putting this in Resources rather than Tips and Tricks. I suggest you take a look at that and read it, maybe it would help you to decide where to put it if you agree with my points.