Dream characters and tulpas

DragonFriend

Hey everyone, it's a while since I've posted a new thread. Just a bit of an update to say that me and Saphira are getting on great and are coming up to the one year mark. Almost got vocality nailed. :D

Anyway, on to the question/anecdote. Last night, I had an unusually clear and well remembered dream. This doesn't happen often. The best part is that Saphira was in it, but she was not alone. In the dream (not lucid) there was another character as well. Completely original too, I have never encountered or thought about a similar character. He was a large, red, wise dragon. He was in my dream quite a lot as well as Saphira. I actually quite liked him. Before I had gone to sleep I had asked about whether in the future she would want to share my head with yet another, and that it would be completely up to her. Is this some way of replying? It just struck me as being particularly unusual.

What do you all think about this? Opinions and advice always welcome :)

Thanks, Saphira and DragonFriend

Part of the road to becoming a better person lies in defeating the darkness inside yourself, then helping others to do the same.

There is nothing to compare to watching a sunrise with those who you love the most.

"Step by step, moment by moment"

Are you sure it's not a mix of Thorn and Glaedr?

You'll meet many notable dream characters in your dreams, so this is nothing unusual. Back when I was lucid dreaming, I met some dream characters I still remember. I actually ended up making one dream character into a tulpa. I promised her that we would meet again, and I ended up making her a tulpa. :P

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

It could be possible that this was a way she was showing you, consciously or not, but I don't think it's likely. I know that I've had dreams similar in which there was a red dragon, usually wise like you said. This motif comes up pretty often in literature and other media, too, so it's likely it's a fairly common dream.

I would ask her directly, but if you can't, I think it's likely you were just more suggestable at the time. Hope I could help.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

Thanks. :) It was an unusual dream... I think I may look into it more. I don't think it was a mix of Thorn and Glaedr. As similar as Saphira seems to the Saphira in the book, she is pretty different. I should probably put that somewhere... Anyway, thanks for the prompt replies. It sounds like quite a good way of making a tulpa from someone you met in your dreams. seems more... natural? something like that.

Part of the road to becoming a better person lies in defeating the darkness inside yourself, then helping others to do the same.

There is nothing to compare to watching a sunrise with those who you love the most.

Is it an answer? Well, it could be, yet I'd be not so sure about it. Original character in dream? Completely normal. Actually, if I remember dream after I wake up and it's not too dumb, it's so full of OCs, that if I was a writer, I'd immediately started making a tale about them. Any advice? Don't try making second tulpa... For now. Maybe, if you haven't done it yet, and maybe, little later, try making a wonderland. Because, y'know, it could be tricky - getting used to having a dragon ALWAYS by your side. Even for you.

...Maybe. I don't know for sure.

If something is wrong, I'm just theoretic for now, only 3 months in the creation.

And may the fears keep away from you.

my dream characters regard me with either hostility or they are apathetic.. and i couldn't talk in my dreams for some time but now i can, as with my tulpa, shade and goldie often pop by and we continue our wandering. they often ride on my shoulder so if i dont see them they are often in a big bag i wear on my back it's not a back pack, more of a duffelbag, it makes a marvelous battering ram too!

Tulpa:Snow

Mindscape:

Artopia

Using your tulpas as a battering ram in a duffel bad? XD Now that's one that I haven't heard before.

Timofey, any kind of answer like that is a good one. I wouldn't start on another tulpa anyway, at least not until Saphira is completely finished. I know how you feel about writing... I woke up feeling a vague urge to write a story about my dream... not too big of an urge though. I do have a wonderland, but it's a little lacking in definition and detail due to it's size. I'm still having a bit of an issue visualizing Saphira with all the scales... It's improving though, slowly but surely. Good luck with your Tulpa though :)

One of mine came from a dream. Considering I killed her sisters and she killed me in it we didn't get along too well at first. But we "made up" so it's all good now I guess.

"Stress makes you bald, but it’s stressful to avoid stress, so you end up stressed out anyway, so in the end there’s nothing you can do." - Gintoki

~~~~~~

Tulpa: Hanako