independence scale

Sandman

tl;dr? look at the picture, skip to the line and read anything that has a number next to it

I came up with a symbolic ranking system for Independence, that is the ability of a tulpa to act without host oversight. I am still only two weeks into the development of my tulpa but I wanted to have some sort of metric to track her development without comparing her directly to other tulpae, and so created a system based on the abilities that would require, or at least I think they would, some level of independence from the host. Please tell me what you think feed back would be appreciated.

Again keep in mind that were I to rate the progress of my tulpa she would rank somewhere in between a 3 and 4, so please tell me if this is complete bunk.

0. Imagine a circle, that circle represents the hosts realm of awareness and influence. Now imagine a dot at the center of the circle. That dot represents stage 0, an unborn idea.

1. Now imagine a another circle with a diameter 1/8 that of the first circle, with its left most side anchored to the dot in the center. This is stage 1 an imagined idea or a concept of one.

2. add another circle connected to the center dot in the same manner but this time with a diameter of the previous circle plus an additional 1/8 the diameter of the original

(1/8 +1/8 = 1/4) so a diameter of 1/4 the original circle. this is stage 2 puppet, in which the subject may appear to be completely life like in the mind but acts according to intent.

3. the next circle follows the pattern of adding 1/8 to the previous circle. to a diameter of 3/8 the diameter of the original. this is stage 3 personality. I am guessing that this is when a tulpa is actually born.

4. after that stage 4 when the smaller circle is big enough to have a point of tangency with the host circle, this is what I am calling the inner voice stage. the point at which the tulpa has just enough independence to begin surprising you with emotions or thoughts.

5. the next stage 5/8 diameter, is the first to extend beyond the influence of the host, I call it the sapient stage, this would be when the tulpa becomes able to actually communicate with you as an entity distinct from yourself.

6. ext stage is 3/4 diameter, the "parallel" stage

7. 7/8, "possession"

8. The final stage at which the two circles are of equal diameters is the "individual" stage, switching should be possible at this point.

so /tulpa/ any basis in reality, or is my tendency to try and create standards by which to measure things going haywire again.

771560904_TulpaClass8Individual.png.4a5c4baae66ac39a107262be886c035e.png

That's... an interesting visual. If this is something you just came up with yourself, you're certainly a math person, because I get the feeling many people here wouldn't have a clue how to imagine those steps without the picture.

Interesting is as far as it seems to go though. Unless you're comparing those stages' size to the original circle's size? Even then the stages seem a bit arbitrary. It's a good rough diagram for people that understand it, the stages are decent, but considering how specific you were with the measurements I'm not sure the diagram is really appropriate. Again I guess this works for a rough idea given form.. But I personally find it easier just to think about it without symbolism.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I rather like this idea, actually. As a first approximation, I think it is pretty close. Where I would disagree is the last two parts. Possession to some degree or another is sometimes possible with little independence. Also, a tulpa could be very independent and still not have the ability or where withal to switch or even possess. But overall, I think this has some validity. Also, I like your mathematical description (I'm a scientist). It is obvious you have done a lot of reading in the last few weeks, and it has paid off in producing a decent model.

Now, to go beyond this first approximation, we need to bring in some ideas from outside the tulpa community. Specifically, from the multiple community. It is the idea of being median. Basically, for medians, the different consciousnesses aren't completely independent of each other, but there need not be a host or core in the group. A host + tulpa/s in a median arrangement would be the case where the host is also not independent of the tulpa/s. Interestingly, another type of thoughtform, daemons, form median type arrangements with their hosts. A multiple arrangement means that the consciousnesses are much more separate and independent. Both of these are called plural arrangements because there is more than one consciousness. The opposite of being plural (only one consciousness in the body) is called being a singlet. The diagrams below help explain the differences of the ideas. They are from the link I gave for the definition of median.

type_model3.gifthree_model.gif

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

...Unless you're comparing those stages' size to the original circle's size? Even then the stages seem a bit arbitrary...

That was the general idea.

Yes unfortunately it is rather arbitrary, but I didn't have any preexisting metric or artifact to base it off of so I imagined the host and what they have control over as being the base unit, with a tulpa gaining host like abilities as it (is that considered rude when talking about proto-tulpa/ tulpa? "it") progresses.

...the different consciousnesses aren't completely independent of each other, but there need not be a host or core in the group. A host + tulpa/s in a median arrangement would be the case where the host is also not independent of the tulpa/s...

This is basically what I had in mind. The tulpa is initiated by the host, hence stage 0 is in the center. Eventually it becomes conscious in its own right, not directly tied to the awareness of the host, hence the more Venn Diagram looking effect at later stages.

That was the general idea.

Yes unfortunately it is rather arbitrary, but I didn't have any preexisting metric or artifact to base it off of so I imagined the host and what they have control over as being the base unit, with a tulpa gaining host like abilities as it (is that considered rude when talking about proto-tulpa/ tulpa? "it") progresses.

Singular they would be the best pronoun to use. Respects tulpas as people and is gender neutral.

This is basically what I had in mind. The tulpa is initiated by the host, hence stage 0 is in the center. Eventually it becomes conscious in its own right, not directly tied to the awareness of the host, hence the more Venn Diagram looking effect at later stages.

yep

- Hail

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.