Killing Tulpas

Rævn

So, you might think me a cruel host, but I have my own proof right here inside my head that these ideas do not have to be damaging to the concept of tulpamancy, or to my tulpas themselves. Thank you for your time.

Nah, I've seen worse. What I am trying to say is that while it doesn't harm your tulpas, it can harm others, so when people refuse to consider such ideas and criticize you (which you talked about earlier) it is not because they are close-minded or intolerant, but rather because they are trying to protect themselves and their tulpas.

However I must tell you that I believe tulpas are inferior in the sense that they are the created, not the creator. In my opinion, I will always have more potential than them, because in my mind, I can create and I can destroy, but my tulpas do not have the same or higher amount of mental potential.

And who decides if they have the potential? Where is the limit? There are evidences, such as Koomer's case, when tulpa eventually becomes dominant force, so it can be debated that tulpa can be developed enough to become full-fledged second personality. Tulpas are known to create or destroy other tulpas too, so while you consider yours inferior to you, not all of them are like this.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must agree with Hazy. Not all tulpas are inferior. Mine for the most part are just as developed as I, simply with less control over the body.

"Stress makes you bald, but it’s stressful to avoid stress, so you end up stressed out anyway, so in the end there’s nothing you can do." - Gintoki

~~~~~~

Tulpa: Hanako

Nah, I've seen worse. What I am trying to say is that while it doesn't harm your tulpas, it can harm others, so when people refuse to consider such ideas and criticize you (which you talked about earlier) it is not because they are close-minded or intolerant, but rather because they are trying to protect themselves and their tulpas.

Of course. Since you mentioned that, I have put a warning in bold. I understand how ideas can get to people sometimes.

And who decides if they have the potential? Where is the limit? There are evidences, such as Koomer's case, when tulpa eventually becomes dominant force, so it can be debated that tulpa can be developed enough to become full-fledged second personality. Tulpas are known to create or destroy other tulpas too, so while you consider yours inferior to you, not all of them are like this.

That is interesting. In fact, I am looking into that myself. So far I have recorded the development of my tulpa, Giovanni, on my PR, and I have often entertained the idea that he could develop enough to become that second personality, or alter ego, that you speak of. As is my habit, I will treat this idea with doubt until I have seen it with my own eyes, but I will say that for the most part, tulpas will tend not to become the "dominant force". For many reasons. The host may be too afraid (as some are, and thus steer clear of the practice of possession), some simply don't believe that it can happen (which makes it unlikely) and others may not invest enough time into the development of their tulpa to achieve that alter ego state (tulpas do rely on the attention of their host for development to an extent).

And I would say, most of the time, if the host does not will for their tulpa to achieve, then they are less likely to. In short, I am suggesting that the influence of the host's thoughts and beliefs are very powerful in deciding how a tulpa will be like. That is an elaboration of what I mean by the term "inferior". An unkind word it is, but there you go.

That is interesting. In fact, I am looking into that myself. So far I have recorded the development of my tulpa, Giovanni, on my PR, and I have often entertained the idea that he could develop enough to become that second personality, or alter ego, that you speak of. As is my habit, I will treat this idea with doubt until I have seen it with my own eyes, but I will say that for the most part, tulpas will tend not to become the "dominant force". For many reasons. The host may be too afraid (as some are, and thus steer clear of the practice of possession), some simply don't believe that it can happen (which makes it unlikely) and others may not invest enough time into the development of their tulpa to achieve that alter ego state (tulpas do rely on the attention of their host for development to an extent).

And I would say, most of the time, if the host does not will for their tulpa to achieve, then they are less likely to. In short, I am suggesting that the influence of the host's thoughts and beliefs are very powerful in deciding how a tulpa will be like. That is an elaboration of what I mean by the term "inferior". An unkind word it is, but there you go.

Now this I can agree with. Tulpas do depend on host heavily in their earlier stages, and some of them remain dependant even later. Most of them won't develop that much because - let's face it - most don't even need it. Just like people don't necessarily strive to become the best they can because being the best is not required for a happy life. And host-tulpa relationships can be totally healthy and fulfilling without tulpa being developed that much - I myself am not very interested in such topics and it is Monday who likes to explore her limits, yet we are happy even with the current stage. What I am saying here is that there is potential. While it is mostly unused and isn't in any way required to develop, it is still there. I don't have any concrete proof save for anecdotal evidence of course, but that is precisely why we are working on it - to test this and to see how much is really possible to achieve.

Now this I can agree with. Tulpas do depend on host heavily in their earlier stages, and some of them remain dependant even later. Most of them won't develop that much because - let's face it - most don't even need it. Just like people don't necessarily strive to become the best they can because being the best is not required for a happy life. And host-tulpa relationships can be totally healthy and fulfilling without tulpa being developed that much - I myself am not very interested in such topics and it is Monday who likes to explore her limits, yet we are happy even with the current stage. What I am saying here is that there is potential. While it is mostly unused and isn't in any way required to develop, it is still there. I don't have any concrete proof save for anecdotal evidence of course, but that is precisely why we are working on it - to test this and to see how much is really possible to achieve.

I'm glad to see our thoughts concur on this. Yes, there is potential. I do believe that what we've talked about on what tulpas and their hosts can do, is possible and achievable. There are factors that influence the likelihood of that happening, but nonetheless it can happen. Perhaps in time, some of us will be able to contribute our findings to the forum in regards to this.

Before this thread dies, I figured I'd throw in my most recent findings

There is no way I could ever kill Callie. The only way that I'm liable to even lock her up is if she hurts Jade, and Jade is more likely to hurt her than the other way around I think. It seems that I actually do "love" her in some form. Not necessarily romantically like Jade, and definitely cautiously, but it's there.

"Stress makes you bald, but it’s stressful to avoid stress, so you end up stressed out anyway, so in the end there’s nothing you can do." - Gintoki

~~~~~~

Tulpa: Hanako

• 7 months later...